MD MD - Upperco, BlkFem 17-19, UP1416, clothes, boots, jacket, earrings, Mar'96

Bumping for her! Full list of ruleouts on NamUs

Melissa Collins 1973 Ohio
Tiffany Goines 1974 Maryland
Michelle Harley 1966 Florida
Melody McKoy 1979 Maryland
Virginia Rambus 1965 Washington
Taranika Raymond 1982 Louisiana

Just found this thread while searching for info on Melody McKoy.

I have some strong feelings about this UID based on the clothes. My good friend had those exact jeans in high school our junior and senior year (89-90). Wore them all the time. Most of us had jeans with zips on the ankle. The striped, button-up shirt was common. I do not think the shirt was office attire. Put the high-top tennis shoes with this, and I am guessing she was a high school age student who died between 1988 and 1991. Taking the jacket (most likely a "bomber" style) into account, I'm also guessing she did not die in the summer months.

just my two cents

I have been looking at this case this afternoon.

I found two possibles.

Selena Marie Edon

197UFMD4.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1006dfca.html

Cons: She was last seen in San Francisco and the unidentified remains were in Maryland. She is older than UI remains.
Pros: She was involved in motorcycle accident that left her severe brain and skull damage. UI remains has evidence of something of this nature

Jeanette Latressa Millbrooks

3464DFGA_LARGE.jpg
197UFMD.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3464dfga.html

Cons: Was wearing different clothes that UI was. Also disappeared with her twin sister. Where is her twin sister's remains?
Pros: Same age, same height. Went missing in not too far away Georgia.

What do you guys think? Im new to this stuff.

I was going through the Doe Networks missing chronologically page and stopped at her case file just because of the striking resemblance.

JRhones.jpg197UFMD.jpg
Judith Rhones
Missing since March 8, 1994 from Washington DC
Classification: Missing

There are a few inconsistencies though. Judith has diastema and this doe doesn't appear to; Judith went missing in 1994, and this doe is believed to be deceased for at least 5 years (1991 and prior); and Judith was 32, and this doe is approximated to be 17-19 years old.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
197UFMD

197UFMD - Unidentified Female
197UFMD.jpg
197UFMD1.jpg
197UFMD5.jpg
197UFMD7.jpg
197UFMD6.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by NCMEC, Detective Karen Gentry and Detective Evelyn Grant; victim's boots; earring found with remains.

Date of Discovery: March 5, 1996
Location of Discovery: Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: 5 or more years prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined, listed as homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 17-19 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'1" to 5'4"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown, possibly black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Premature obliteration of the sagittal sinus and a small boney anomaly on the right side of her skull that may have been a hereditary trait, or caused by surgery or an accident.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available/Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available/Not available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: High top, white and tan boots, MIA brand, size 6B with laces missing, with Velcro strap across the ankle. FLIPPO TOTTI brand pants, size 7/8, length large, with a web type belt which is possibly brown in color. The pants have ankle zippers. A label found at the scene has "IT'S A LABEL, MADE IN THE U.S.A." printed on it. Another label believed to be from the victim's blouse or jacket has "SIZE 9/10" printed on it. The blouse appears to have originally been light in color, with slightly darker faint pinstripes. The pinstripes had four lines per bar. The blouse, which is a cotton blend, has a collar, pocket, cuffs, and pearl colored buttons. Leather or vinyl bomber jacket, with a zip-up front and gathered waist band.
Jewelry: Two yellow metal hoop earrings with a small gold ball mounted on the bottom of each hoop (for pierced ears) were at the scene but it is unknown if they belonged to her.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery
The skeletal remains of this victim were found on March 5, 1996 in the woods in the 17725 block of Falls Road, south of Gunpowder Road, in Precinct 3, Franklin.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Maryland Office of Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Joe Mullin
Agency Phone Number: 410-333-3225 or 1-410-333-3271
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 96-01220

Agency Name: Baltimore County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Tincher
Agency Phone Number: 1-410-887-2222
Agency Case Number: 96-065-0730

Agency Name: Metro Crime Stoppers
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 1-866-7LOCKUP or text "MCS" plus message to "CRIMES" (274637)
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1416
NCMEC Case Number: 1137962

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
Baltimore County Police

In the most recent pic of Jeannette Millbrook, she appears to be wearing gold hoop earrings. The picture is a photo that was damaged, so it's hard to be completely sure.
I also feel that her stats fit the likely age and size of person who would have been wearing this outfit-- and her disappearance fits when those clothes were popular. I have no explanation of how she would have gotten to Baltimore, though. And, as GoldenFleece pointed out- if this Doe was Jeannette, then where is her twin?
If DNA on both the UID and Jeannette are in the system, would she be an automatic rule-out?
(DoeNetwork and Namus both have her middle name wrong- it's Latrice. DoeN also has her last name with an "S", but it should not)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I first learned about this UID several years ago, and I think about her case frequently. From the look of the computer reconstructions and the sketch, she was very pretty. The clay bust doesn't do her justice, IMO, and it doesn't really look like any of the other renderings, but I guess that's to be expected with completely skeletal remains that have been exposed to the elements for extremely long periods of time. Filippo Totti (not 'Flippo Totti') jeans appear to have been at peak trendiness at the very end of the 80s into the beginning of the 90s, so that might give us an idea of exactly when she died.

On that note, although I'm not sure about the worth of the specific brands that she was wearing, she seemed to be well-dressed. The missing laces on her shoes gave me haste at first, but I think that she might have simply removed them herself and just decided to use the velcro straps on their own to fasten the shoes, especially considering that the laces seem to have been absent on both shoes and not just one. I personally doubt that she was a runaway or a homeless youth. I think that someone out there is missing her and could have a good idea as to what might have happened to her.

It looks like I commented upthread several years ago about the possibility of this girl being Monica Bennett, missing from GA since about six years prior to the discovery of the remains. In hindsight, though, I don't think that this kid was ever reported missing, which I find to be very strange. Her loved ones may have attempted to report her missing, but the report was unsuccessful for whatever reason (perhaps due to her wrongly being written off as a runaway), or someone close to her --someone who would have otherwise reported her missing-- was actually responsible for her death.

Even though they don't seem to have any clue as to how, exactly, she died, teen girls generally don't walk themselves into random wooded areas, lie down, and die for no reason, so I think that foul play was likely involved here, and I agree with the designation of this case as a homicide. The idea of this death being a suicide has also crossed my mind, but I feel like that would leave more obvious traces (such as a rope used to hang oneself, medication used for intentional overdoses, or self-inflicted gunshot wounds), which we don't have here.

Bumping case up. Were any new rule-outs added in 2021? May 2022 be the year this young woman gets her name back.
MP5948
Toni Clark
03/16/1990
Alameda
CA
MP2262
Tiffany Goines
12/05/1987
Frederick
MD
MP4187
Taranika Raymond
11/10/1995
Orleans
LA
MP5679
Virginia Rambus
05/20/1985
King
WA
MP1905
Melody McKoy
12/01/1991
Baltimore
MD
--
Michelle Harley
--
--
FL
MP1905
Melody McKoy
12/01/1991
Baltimore
MD
MP2313
Melissa Collins
08/08/1991
Summit
OH

Has Donna Shareen Wright been considered? 4164DFSC - Donna Shareen Wright
1656514779436.png1656514793716.png
Not much information on her disappearance, she was from South Carolina and is listed as 5'6 while Jane Doe was 5'1-5'4, but I feel like she should be looked into.

Just literally wrote Namus about Michelle Harley and then came across this...Looks like she was ruled out though...

Is genetic genealogy being considered for this case. I’m sure Othman could help solve it.
I don’t see any public information where this JD has been referred for genetic genealogy but that doesn’t mean NamUs hasn’t done so internally with Othram or others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back