ME ME - Kaye Johnson, 80, Monson, 24 Aug 1986

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Photo

Kaye Myers Johnson
Nickname/Alias Helen Deuchar, Helen Nolan, Helen Meyer, Kay Meyer
Piscataquis County, Maine
80 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

White Hair
Unknown Eye Color

Clothing and accessories:
Last seen wearing brown polyester slacks and a gray/blue sweater
Last wearing brown leather ankle boots
Gold eastern rtar ring, flower shaped diamond ring, gold band with diamonds and rubies and gold band with diamonds

Circumstances: Kaye Johnson was living at a rented home in Monson, Maine with her grand daughter. The granddaughter left for a day and upon return found her grand mother missing. Critical items of importance were left behind in the residence. Search efforts produced no leads.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19763/

Please help find a photo of Kay and more info.

Link in post doesn't work anymore but so much info here I had to share.

Kay Myers Johnson
Missing since: 1986 from Monson
Other: Poor eyesight, difficulty walking.

Johnson went missing from her home on Aug. 23 or 24, 1986. Attempts to find her by the Maine Warden Service were unsuccessful.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/109433.html

Bangor Daily News (ME)
September 2, 2002
Edition: all
Section: b
Page: 1

1986 case in Monson unsolved Searchers found no trace; woman last seen near home

Author: DIANA BOWLEY; OF THE NEWS STAFF Bangor Daily News

Dateline: MONSON

Article Text:
Sixteen years ago, Kaye Johnson walked the short distance from her small rural home to her garage and vanished.
Her disappearance came less than four months after the reclusive 80-year-old woman had moved from New Jersey to Monson to escape family members who were suing her and a son who was reportedly "bleeding" her financially, according to police.
She is still considered a missing person, Piscataquis County Sheriff John Goggin said this week.
Goggin, who headed the 1986 search, said no clues to Johnson's disappearance were found during an intensive ground and air search of the region conducted by residents, firefighters, wardens and police. And there was no hint that an assault had taken place in the home because no blood splatters or other evidence was found.
"It was probably one of the most intensive searches that I have been involved with in my law enforcement career," Goggin said.
Nor was there any indication that Johnson intended to leave her home because the chain smoker left behind her cigarettes and lighter, her cane and her pocketbook.
Police now say she was likely the victim of foul play.
"I think someone came to the residence and picked her up, someone with ill feelings toward this woman," Goggin said. "I feel very comfortable that she was not overlooked in the vicinity; if she had been there, she would have been found."
Close relatives of the elderly woman, including a 19-year-old granddaughter who had moved with her to Monson in May 1986, said Johnson had moved to rural Maine to avoid a civil lawsuit filed by family members.
Goggin said Johnson had gone to a relative's funeral in Florida and, claiming to be the only heir, made arrangements for the estate of the deceased to be sold when, in fact, there were five or six other relatives in line for the estate.
Johnson also moved to Maine to get away from her son, Jack Myers, then of New Jersey, who had habitually taken large sums of money from his mother for various reasons, the sheriff said.
The woman rarely left her Monson home, and if she did go outside, she would go only to the lawn or garage, Goggin said. He said Johnson suffered from periods of senility and had fallen off a patio and broken her ankle three weeks before her disappearance so she could not have gone far. She also had extremely poor eyesight, cataracts on both eyes, and was suffering from tunnel vision.
According to a police file, Johnson's granddaughter, Jacqueline Johnson, last saw her grandmother at noon Saturday, Aug. 23, 1986, when the younger Johnson left home for an overnight stay with friends in Brewer.
When Jacqueline returned Sunday evening, she told police, she immediately became suspicious because no lights were on in the house nor was her grandmother seated in her chair by the window, as was her custom. She told police the kitchen door was ajar and her grandmother usually locked the door whenever the young woman left the house.
Police were told Jacqueline had a confrontation with her grandmother Friday before the woman disappeared. Johnson had been upset that her granddaughter had entertained male and female friends in her bedroom that night. During the argument, Jacqueline reported, her grandmother had threatened to remove her as holder of her grandmother's power of attorney.
Not wanting to stay in the home after the confrontation, the young woman went with friends to Greenville, where she remained overnight. She returned to her Monson home around 11 a.m. Saturday, took a shower and left the home about noon to pick up friends who were accompanying her to Brewer. While she was in the shower, one of the young woman's friends called and the elder Johnson answered the telephone.
A few minutes after the granddaughter left, a local man traveling to work saw Johnson walking slowly between her house and the exterior garage about 12:15 p.m. That was the last reported sighting of Johnson.
Goggin said two local men, who traveled by the house at about 7 p.m. Saturday, reported that the shades to Johnson's house were drawn, which seemed unusual to them.
Another oddity in the case was that bounced checks started coming back from a local bank to area businesses on an account Johnson and her granddaughter shared the day Johnson was reported missing.
The granddaughter has since moved from the state and could not be reached for comment.
The case still puzzles Goggin. "It's just the things that really stand out as baffling are the people who disappear and are never heard from again," he said. "These cases have a tendency to stay with you through the years."
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Piscataquis County Sheriff's Department at (800) 432-7372.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Thank you for finding that Coffee! Seems like many of her family members had motive to make her disappear.
(Perhaps that is why she has no identifiers on file-- Dental/DNA/Fingerprints).

Wow. Thank you for finding that Coffee! Seems like many of her family members had motive to make her disappear.
(Perhaps that is why she has no identifiers on file-- Dental/DNA/Fingerprints).

I know. Doesn't look like that poor lady could get far enough away. I assumed she had wandered into the woods but now I think she was removed from her house via garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No Photo

NamUs #MP19763
Kaye Meyer, Female,
Nickname/Alias - Helen Deuchar, Helen Nolan, Helen Meyer, Kay Meyer, Kay(e) Johnson
White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact August 24, 1986
NamUs Case Created March 26, 2013
Missing From Monson, Maine
Missing Age 80 Years
Height 5' 1" (61 Inches)
Weight 100 lbs
Hair Color White
Eye Color Unknown
Clothing - Last seen wearing brown polyester slacks and a gray/blue sweater
Footwear - Last wearing brown leather ankle boots
Jewelry - Gold eastern star ring, flower shaped diamond ring, gold band with diamonds and rubies and gold band with diamonds

Circumstances of Disappearance - Kaye Johnson was living at a rented home in Monson, Maine with her grand daughter. The granddaughter left for a day and upon return found her grand mother missing. Critical items of importance were left behind in the residence. Search efforts produced no leads.

Missing Persons | Maine State Police

Johnson, Kay
Case date: 1986
Town: Monson

Kay Myers Johnson, dob 5-20-06, age 80 at the time of her disappearance, went missing from her home in Monson sometime between noon on 8-23-86 and 4:00 pm on 8-24-86. Mrs. Johnson had difficulty walking and had poor eyesight. Warden searches were unsuccessful.

Contact: Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit - North, 198 Maine Avenue, Bangor, Maine 04401. Telephone (207)973-3750 or toll free 1-800-432-7381.

You may also report information about this crime using the leave a tip form.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues
Back