ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A white Subaru Outback registered to Card was found Wednesday night near a boat launch by the Androscoggin River. A weapon was found in the car, but it's not clear yet if it's connected to the attacks. To help in the water search Friday, authorities have slowed the current and lowered the levels in the river by controlling a nearby dam.

"The river is a big piece of this. The car was located there, evidence is located in the vehicle or right there along the shores," Sauschuck said.

He added that they will continually re-evaluate the shelter in place orders in Lewiston, Bowdoin, Lisbon, and Auburn, Maine."

they keep saying that a weapon was found in the Subaru- the weapon or another weapon? Hard to believe that he would leave any weapon behind if he were going to stay on the run or try another attack. LE seems to be thinking about letting the populace out, IMO.

I was kind of confused by the stuff with the weapon too. Didn’t LE say he could be armed with a rifle too? I think that would have been after they had found the car but I could be wrong. JMO

as per Google a bunch of holiday events cancelled Saturday... not sure if the source is MSM and postable - parade, trick or treat, dance, etc.

I mean, at what point in time do people go back with their normal lives? For many people, today is payday, time to get groceries, stock up on diapers, whatever...lots of folks now are living paycheck to paycheck and don't have a lot of supplies at home.

"A white Subaru Outback registered to Card was found Wednesday night near a boat launch by the Androscoggin River. A weapon was found in the car, but it's not clear yet if it's connected to the attacks. To help in the water search Friday, authorities have slowed the current and lowered the levels in the river by controlling a nearby dam.

"The river is a big piece of this. The car was located there, evidence is located in the vehicle or right there along the shores," Sauschuck said.

He added that they will continually re-evaluate the shelter in place orders in Lewiston, Bowdoin, Lisbon, and Auburn, Maine."

they keep saying that a weapon was found in the Subaru- the weapon or another weapon? Hard to believe that he would leave any weapon behind if he were going to stay on the run or try another attack. LE seems to be thinking about letting the populace out, IMO.
4 p.m. -- Firearm recovered

"Investigators recovered a firearm from the car belonging to mass shooting suspect Robert Card, sources tell ABC.

That vehicle – a white Subaru – was found Wednesday night at the Scott boat landing in Lisbon.

Authorities say they are testing and tracing the gun to determine if it was used in Wednesday night’s shooting."

this sounds as if the weapon found at least looked the same as the one he used at the murder sites

He was hearing voices, and I usually equate that with schizophrenia. Isn't onset of schizophrenia at a younger age?
ETA-are there other mental illnesses associated with auditory hallucinations? And paranoia?

Interesting. Just found this: (So much has changed since I was a psych major)
"Although it's less common for people to be diagnosed with schizophrenia after 40 years old, new information suggests late onset is becoming more common. People with late onset tend to have a relatively better outlook and require lower daily dosages of antipsychotic medications than those diagnosed earlier in life."

He was hearing voices, and I usually equate that with schizophrenia. Isn't onset of schizophrenia at a younger age?
ETA-are there other mental illnesses associated with auditory hallucinations? And paranoia?
So, so many. Bipolar disorder is one of them. Before I found a meds "cocktail" that worked for me, I had terrible auditory hallucinations, especially when stressed/anxious. I was around mid-30's at the time.

Interesting. Just found this: (So much has changed since I was a psych major)
"Although it's less common for people to be diagnosed with schizophrenia after 40 years old, new information suggests late onset is becoming more common. People with late onset tend to have a relatively better outlook and require lower daily dosages of antipsychotic medications than those diagnosed earlier in life."
Thanks! I was wondering if maybe he was suffering from really early onset dementia or perhaps lewy body dementia.

Even if someone criticized him, why would that trigger a response to actually shoot others? How the heck did he survive High School?

He appears to have had a complete mental change within the past year, according to MSM interviews with family. He was not like this before. It's quite puzzling.

It's possible he had struggled with paranoia for a while, but for some reason, it becomes not only acute, but apparently involved auditory hallucinations. It's really strange for those symptoms to appear so late in life - but it does happen. Late onset schizophrenia is a thing.

I think it's pretty clear that this person was delusional and suffering profound mental illness.

IMO.

I saw reports last night that indicated he chose the locations him and his ex used to frequent together.
If she's among the victims, he's done.
If she's not, he might still be alive, waiting to finish the job.

As horrifying as that sounds :(
He could have also done this to punish her, a look what you made me do thing. She may never have been a target, other than to make her be fearful or to feel at fault.

I've read he's very comfortable in remote areas and may be hoping to survive off the grid.

He could have also done this to punish her, a look what you made me do thing. She may never have been a target, other than to make her be fearful or to feel at fault.

I've read he's very comfortable in remote areas and may be hoping to survive off the grid.
Either way, I hope she's safe. Watching one of the victim's father on the news last night was heartbreaking.

I heard on a live report last night that she was supposed to be there but was not there.

-- The following X posts were posted 2 hrs ago:

8 of the 18 Maine victims have been officially identified and families notified.

Maine State Police acknowledge a note was found - but won’t discuss it.

Maine State Police say shelter in place orders remain in place.They will re evaluate whether it is necessary each day.

“Just because we are making announcements over a PA system does not mean the individual is in there.”Maine State Police caution they will be searching more areas — don’t want people to assume every search means Robert Card is actually there.

-- This X post was posted 3 hrs ago

Police in Maine have two things going on - investigation into actual shooting and apprehension teams looking for Robert Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod