ME ME - Ludger Belanger, 25, Washington, 25 Nov 1975

Oct 9, 2020

• belanger_ludger3.jpg
  • belanger_ludger4.jpg
  • belanger_ludger5.jpg
  • ludger_r._belanger_7.jpg
  • belanger_ludger9.jpg
Belanger, circa 1975

<<Authorities have two suspects in Belanger's disappearance. One of them died in an accident less than a year after Belanger went missing; the other, Danny Collins Jr., is still living in Maine.

Collins supposedly confessed the murder to a friend in 1977. He said he and the first suspect were under the influence of drugs when they picked up Belanger, and ultimately shot him to death in the backseat of the car. Collins's friend reported their conversation to the police. Authorities had examined the car shortly after Belanger's disappearance and noted the interior had been washed and the rear seat was missing. There was a single deer hair stuck to the hood ornament.

Both of Belanger's parents are dead, but all eight of his siblings are alive, as are his wife and children. His wife remarried after his disappearance but remains active in the search for him. His family still hopes for answers in his disappearance and hope his body will be recovered. His case remains unsolved.??

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Red and black plaid jacket, green cotton pants, a blaze orange hat, and green rubber boots
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: .30-30 hunting rifle

This is a state of Maine case that doesn't seem to be being investigated thoroughly with new updated scientific methods.What does everyone know? Any Genealogist around?

The Luger Belanger case in Maine needs a lot of attention before persons of interest pass. Very interesting case complete with a house explosion and a survivor. Please, anyone that can really dig into this legally, the family needs answers.

Here’s an article discussing the case.

Snipped from article: More at link.

On the morning of Nov. 25, 1975, Ludger “Ludgie” Belanger went hunting in the woods near his home in Washington, not far from the Somerville and Lincoln County line. He had set out in the snow-covered woods off Route 105 to bag a late-season deer. Expected home by noon, he never returned and was ultimately never located. Nearly forty-five years later, his family, and those who vividly remember the events of that long-ago morning, are still waiting for closure.

Scathach - welcome to Websleuths. You didn't provide any information other than a name but a quick google search shows this case is almost 50 years old. I found a an article from the media which has a lot more detail for other members here in hopes it will help someone who may wish to do some sleuthing (I know nothing of genealogy, sorry). MVHS Graduate’s 1975 Disappearance Remains Unsolved
UPDATE: Neesaki posted the same article just before I did, so disregard my post, and thank you Neesaki!

Why hasn’t this suspect been arrested?

Snipped:

Authorities have two suspects in Belanger's disappearance. One of them died in an accident less than a year after Belanger went missing; the other, Danny Collins Jr., is still living in Maine.

Collins supposedly confessed the murder to a friend in 1977. He said he and the first suspect were under the influence of drugs when they picked up Belanger, and ultimately shot him to death in the backseat of the car. Collins's friend reported their conversation to the police. Authorities had examined the car shortly after Belanger's disappearance and noted the interior had been washed and the rear seat was missing. There was a single deer hair stuck to the hood ornament.

Here’s an article discussing the case.

Snipped from article: More at link.
Thanks. I live close to the area. The family has a page...he has daughters begging for answers. Interesting circumstances with persons of interest and associates fast forward to present.

Scathach - welcome to Websleuths. You didn't provide any information other than a name but a quick google search shows this case is almost 50 years old. I found a an article from the media which has a lot more detail for other members here in hopes it will help someone who may wish to do some sleuthing (I know nothing of genealogy, sorry). MVHS Graduate’s 1975 Disappearance Remains Unsolved
UPDATE: Neesaki posted the same article just before I did, so disregard my post, and thank you Neesaki!
Thank you for both the welcome and the quick response.

I see now there was already a thread on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back