GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

Paul Dwyer‏ @PaulDwyerTV 8m8 minutes ago

Day 8 of the Sharon Carrillo murder trial: First on the stand, Shannon Meadows, the DHHS caseworker assigned to Marissa Kennedy @WABI_TV5

That ought to be interesting testimony.

Also, from the BDN reporter Nok-Noi Ricker tweet:

Closing arguments in the Sharon Carrillo murder trial are expected to take place later today, we’re being told. Today is day 8. She is accused of beating her oldest child, 10-year-old Marissa Kennedy. Her husband admitted abusing the elementary school girl & is serving 55 years.

@Alleykins - do you have link to that tweet - I'll pull it up & keep an eye out for tweets if you want!

Paul Dwyer‏ @PaulDwyerTV 1h1 hour ago

Lead investigator for the State Det. Jason Andrews is back on the stand. He’s sat with the prosecution for the entirety of the trial @WABI_TV5

Director of the State Forensic Service Dr. Sarah Miller, who did tests on Sharon Carrillo, testifies that Carrillo is at a higher risk of giving a false confession. She says that’s due to limited intellectual functioning, domestic violence, and symptoms of PTSD @WABI_TV5

I changed my Days on my stuff to match what they are reporting....

@Alleykins - I'm going to bed now - almost 11pm here. Can you keep an eye out on "what's going on" ? TIA! If not, I'll catch up in the morning.

After the defense rested its case Tuesday, jurors heard Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea and defense attorney Chris MacLean deliver their closing arguments for nearly two hours. Zainea told the jurors that they are there to decide if the state has proved beyond reasonable doubt that Sharon Carrillo is guilty of her daughter’s murder.
Does this mean the case is in the hands of the jury now? If so, I'm wondering if we'll have a verdict tomorrow.
Defense and prosecution paint very different pictures of Sharon Carrillo

*Trial continues (Day 9)-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 9am ET) - ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018, Stockton Springs. Suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) - *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18), charged (2/28/18) & arraigned (4/2/18) with depraved indifference murder. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Trial began on 12/6/19. Jury selection begins on 12/5. Trial expected to go to 12/18/19.
The judge ruled that Sharon is competent to stand trial.

Trial info from 12/4/19 to 12/13/19 (Day 1-6) reference post #272 here:
ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018 *sf GUILTY*

12/16/19 Day 7: Defense witnesses: (sorry no names given in tweets) Former home cleaner in the Carrillo’s apartment complex. Former neighbor of the Carrillo’s when they lived in Bangor. Two employees of Tozier’s Market, where Julio worked. Housekeeper. Pediatrician. Judge just announced that the jury is excused for the day over evidence disputes. (it's over DHHS records & 40-50 text messages they believe Julio sent). Defense attorney MacLean says that they have not decided yet if Sharon Carrillo is going to testify. Trial continues on 12/17. Defense expected to wrap up their case this week. Final day might be 12/18.
12/17/19 Day 8: Closing arguments in the Sharon Carrillo murder trial are expected to take place later today. Defense witnesses: Shannon Meadows, the DHHS caseworker assigned to Marissa. Lead investigator for the State Det. Jason Andrews. Director of the State Forensic Service Dr. Sarah Miller. Defense rests. Closing arguments done by both sides. Jury to start deliberating tomorrow. Trial continues on 12/18.
*Julio Carrillo (51) step-dad - plead guilty at “open plea” hearing on 7/22/19. DA will be asking for life. 8/28/19: sentenced to 55 years in prison.

This case is now in the hands of the jury. I'm thinking a verdict shouldn't take long, no matter what they decide.
The jury has begun deliberations in the murder trial of Sharon Carrillo, who is accused of killing her 10-year old daughter Marissa Kennedy in 2018.

In the courtroom Wednesday morning, the judge instructed the jurors on the legal requirements to find someone guilty of the charge of depraved indifference murder, then sent them out to determine a verdict.

Sharon Carrillo murder case now up to the jury

One of the news reporters on twitter just posted Julio and Sharon's marriage will be annulled on Friday, Dec 20, due to him already being married to a woman in KY when he married Sharon.
I don't know what bearing that tidbit will have, but I thought I'd share

Thanks for sharing! Still nothing coming from tweets. I guess the jury is busy! Hopefully they'll have a verdict before I go to bed tonight! :)

Nit-Noi Ricker
‏ @MaineNitNoi
4m4 minutes ago

GUILTY. Sharon Carrillo is guilty of murder in the death of her daughter, 10-year-old Marissa Kennedy.

Paul Dwyer
‏ @PaulDwyerTV
5m5 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Sharon Carrillo is GUILTY of murdering her 10-year-old daughter Marissa Kennedy @WABI_TV5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back