Media barred from Charles and Camilla's wedding.

PaperDoll said:
What is up with the silly looking hats some of these british women wear :doh: ... oh my!
It's to distract attention from their teeth

haaaaa - Cashew. I agree they should have invited Fergie - what's the deal with that? I guess she and Charles don't get along - but still; I don't enjoy some of my relatives either, but we still celebrate Christmas and weddings together, etc.

Oh well, it's none of my business. fergie has had great jobs promoting weight watchers, and some department store items I believe.

Casshew said:
Hey Schmerty, well there was the toe sucking incident!

She is looking good though and has two lovely daughters
prinzsargro.jpg

Thanx for the picture Cass. Both girls are very pretty. The one on Fergie's right is gorgeous!

Casshew said:
It's to distract attention from their teeth
She looks too young to be wearing that hat and coat... she should dress more her age... YOUNG!

Well...C&C will be coming to the Bay Area this weekend.:sick:
Bolinas Excited For Royal Visit ... Sort Of
Nov 3, 2005 10:44 am US/Pacific
(AP) BOLINAS Note to Prince Charles: To get here this weekend, turn west at the lagoon and head toward the Pacific Ocean. The sign showing the way has been torn down by xenophobic locals. Repeatedly.http://cbs5.com/royals/local_story_307135120.html
Visit by bluebloods has a green theme
Prince Charles, wife plan stops in Marin, Berkeley and S.F.Julian Guthrie, Chronicle Staff WriterFriday, November 4, 2005

England's Prince Charles and his new wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will arrive in San Francisco Friday night for a meticulously choreographed four-day visit that combines the earthy with the glitzy -- organic farmers with power brokers.

On Sunday, Charles and Camilla are scheduled to attend church in Marin County, although the location was not disclosed. They will take in an evening performance of "Beach Blanket Babylon," the hat-centric revue started by Steve Silver in 1974.

Producer Jo Schuman Silver said minor modifications have been made for Sunday's show.

"The Queen of England has been in the show since the beginning," Schuman Silver said. "She will not be a character. We will not parody the royal family. Of course, what we do is a gentle parody."

Charles follows in his mother's footsteps in attending a performance of "Beach Blanket." Queen Elizabeth II visited the Bay Area in 1983 and saw the show at Symphony Hall.

On Monday morning, Charles and Camilla will head to the East Bay to visit the Edible Schoolyard, an educational program founded in 1994 by renowned chef Alice Waters. They will then head back to the city, where the prince will give a speech to environmentalists at the Ferry Building.

On Monday night, Charles and Camilla will attend a black-tie dinner at the new M.H. de Young Memorial Museum in Golden Gate Park. The dinner will be hosted by the mayor's office and the British consulate.

The event will be held in the Piazzoni murals room and will be attended by about 60 people. The guests include a mix of high society and high technology, from Ann and Gordon Getty to Steve Jobs.

Alice Waters, who will have spent the morning with the royals at the Edible Schoolyard at Martin Luther King Middle School in Berkeley, also will oversee the dinner at the de Young. Waters said she has been closely connected to the organic food movement in England for several years.http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/04/PRINCE.TMP

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13064849.htm

Too bad I missed Fergie when she was at my Macy's.:(

I admire Fergie for getting her act together. I also admire her for conquering her weight problem, which as some of us know, is not easy! She is more attractive than ever. :)

nanandjim said:
I admire Fergie for getting her act together. I also admire her for conquering her weight problem, which as some of us know, is not easy! She is more attractive than ever. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself..... and she is apparently a very good mother

Marsha Ginsburg
Saturday, November 5, 2005

So your knowledge of all things royal isn't exactly up to the queen's standards. Fear not. Here's the royal lowdown on everything you need to know about Charles' and Camilla's trip through the Bay Area.

Who's coming

Charles Philip Arthur George, a.k.a. the Prince of Wales, a.k.a. the Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Lord of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland and Earl of Chester.

Camilla Shand Parker-Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall, former mistress and new bride to Charles.

Who they are

Charles, the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth and heir to the throne, born Nov. 14, 1948.

Grew up painfully shy and lonely, often separated from parents. As a teen, was bullied at boarding school, where schoolmates would throw slippers and pillows throughout the night at the future king. Early on, pegged as a daydreamer who was no academic. Emerged stronger in history and art than mathematics.

At age 32, in one of the most watched televised events of the 20th century, married Lady Diana Spencer, 19. The marriage would dissolve in 1996 amid tales of scandal and infidelity. Diana died a year later in a Paris car crash.

Camilla, the eldest daughter of three children, born July 17, 1947. Met Charles at Cambridge University, but ditched her kindred soul mate for Brigadier Andrew Parker-Bowles when Charles went on his five-year tour of duty. Had two children before divorcing Parker-Bowles after 22 years of marriage. She and Charles made their first public appearance in 1999. They married in April. It is not clear when and how often the two reunited over the years, but in a televised interview, Diana once blamed Camilla for the divorce, saying, "There were three of us in that marriage."

The royal couple chartered a Boeing 757 and have a staff of 14 in tow, including a hairdresser, make-up artist and dresser for Camilla. The word was the duchess brought 50 dresses with her for the seven-day trip, but since the leak, the rumored number has been reduced to 30. Buckingham Palace won't comment. Only 1 in 5 Americans told a Gallup poll they were interested in the couple's U.S. trip, a far cry from Charles' and Diana's visit to these shores 20 years ago. She had a memorable dance at the White House with a dashing John Travolta, and Charles later lamented that he wished for a similar counterpart, such as Diana Ross.

Camilla the new bride Hasn't fared very well with the public or the press on either side of the Atlantic. Most Britons have told pollsters said she should not hold an official position. English tabs have crowned her:laugh: "Cowmilla." A British poll in May still listed Diana, eight years after her death, as the most admired woman in England. more at link:http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/05/BAGOLFJMAL1.DTL

My ,MY!
Prince Charles said he wanted a beer........
They went onto a bar. Charles had a pint....Camilla had a 1/2 pint. Ho Hum YAWWWWWWNNNN .The visit of the Royal Boors, Bores, Boars How do you spell boring! :loser:

All I know is I wouldn't be caught dead in some of those hats we saw at the wedding. I just kept thinking...Do they think this is attractive?...Do they know how silly bird's nest look on your head? Why in the world would someone do this to themselves? It isn't like a ceremonial headdress worn by certain cultures and/or mask that represent your culture. It was just abject poor taste IMO. But I am not apprised of royal culture.

Prince Charles is extremely concerned about Global Warming; calls the statistics very alarming.

He is a supporter of many environmental causes, and runs a huge organic farm on his property, Highgrove; the proceeds from which go to charity.

Here in the states, he said the small farms need to be supported and aided.

(He's a pretty serious guy, actually) http://www.cnn.com

There's a certain order and fairness in Camilla being haunted by Diana.

Diana could never measure up to Camilla in her husband's eyes and in her marriage she was "haunted" by the presence of Camilla. Camilla was everpresent.

Now Cowmilla finally has her man but she will never stand outside of the shadow of Diana. Diana will always be loved by the public much more.

No doubt the Royals underestimated the natural charm Diana had.

ziggy said:
No doubt the Royals underestimated the natural charm Diana had.
She was probably anything but charming to them! Who knows what went on behind closed doors.

concernedperson said:
All I know is I wouldn't be caught dead in some of those hats we saw at the wedding. I just kept thinking...Do they think this is attractive?...Do they know how silly bird's nest look on your head? Why in the world would someone do this to themselves? It isn't like a ceremonial headdress worn by certain cultures and/or mask that represent your culture. It was just abject poor taste IMO. But I am not apprised of royal culture.
Not trying to defend anyone here, because I must say I agree wholeheartedly with you - but the "style" in Great Britian is certainly different than it is here. I dated (briefly) an Englishman who had the WORST sense of style I've ever seen, but he thought the hats were great. Go figure - just a different taste I guess.

Hbgchick said:
Not trying to defend anyone here, because I must say I agree wholeheartedly with you - but the "style" in Great Britian is certainly different than it is here. I dated (briefly) an Englishman who had the WORST sense of style I've ever seen, but he thought the hats were great. Go figure - just a different taste I guess.

I agree with the people who say the hats are designed to distract from the Brits' famously bad choppers!

Eve

ziggy said:
...Now Cowmilla finally has her man but she will never stand outside of the shadow of Diana. Diana will always be loved by the public much more.
I hate to be judgmental as I have made many, many mistakes in my life. However, I can't help but be disgusted with the way that C&C behaved during each of their marriages.

No wonder Diana was bitter. I believe that she was well aware that she was never loved by Charles and that she was used by him. Who wouldn't be bitter?

I feel more disdain towards Charles than I do Camilla. However, I think that Camilla should have steered clear of Charles until his marriage fell apart.

Linda7NJ said:
I'd rather stick a fork in my left eye!

Me too. She should get the Queen to have the photographer who took at boob pic of her shot. :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :doh:

One thing to remember about Charles...and really the British monarchy in genereal: Sure they act tacky. But they're not really world leaders. Charles may one day become king, but he won't be the leader of England in the same sense as Tony Blair. I don't think Bush asked Charles' opinion before going to Iraq, if you get my drift.

The role of the Royal family is that they are part of Great Britain's national identity...a national treasure of that country.

They are also a living, breathing tourist attraction. Many people, when they visit England, go to at least one of the Royal palaces for a visit.

As far as the charity work though, they have to do SOMETHING, and their royal status helps out with that too.
But I can pretty much guarantee you that I'd get a lot more charity work done if I had a private jet to whisk me around in and a designer dress automatically created for every occasion I needed to attend, as well as being waited on hand and foot for every one of my other little needs and wants.

Yep. I'd have a lot more time to do charity work.

BirdieBoo said:
One thing to remember about Charles...and really the British monarchy in genereal: Sure they act tacky. But they're not really world leaders. Charles may one day become king, but he won't be the leader of England in the same sense as Tony Blair. I don't think Bush asked Charles' opinion before going to Iraq, if you get my drift.

The role of the Royal family is that they are part of Great Britain's national identity...a national treasure of that country.

They are also a living, breathing tourist attraction. Many people, when they visit England, go to at least one of the Royal palaces for a visit.

As far as the charity work though, they have to do SOMETHING, and their royal status helps out with that too.
But I can pretty much guarantee you that I'd get a lot more charity work done if I had a private jet to whisk me around in and a designer dress automatically created for every occasion I needed to attend, as well as being waited on hand and foot for every one of my other little needs and wants.

Yep. I'd have a lot more time to do charity work.
Very well said BirdieBoo. I was trying to think of a way to say something like that! To the English people they are a symbol and they are very sensitive when people attack them, although ususally admit themselves they are nothing more than figureheads.

But yeah - would be nice to have all that cash just because you happened to be born to them. BUT, I guess you'd also have to live your life being politcally correct, which is what screwed Charles up in the first place. If he'd felt he could just live his life the way he wanted he wouldn't have married Diana to begin with, probably.

Jeana (DP) said:
Me too. She should get the Queen to have the photographer who took at boob pic of her shot. :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :doh:
By boob are you talking about Charles?

The first photo in this thread is an impersonator - not Camilla

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa