Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom, that is fantastic news. Congratulations to you and Dr Doogie.
I went by to check it out and the owner said they were sold out and that she had ordered more. She asked if I would come in and sign copies when they arrive. Hey, Doog, don't you want to come down and help me?

I went by to check it out and the owner said they were sold out and that she had ordered more. She asked if I would come in and sign copies when they arrive. Hey, Doog, don't you want to come down and help me?

Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie

This is so exciting.

I'm a member of one of the biggest book stores here in Australia and if it's OK, I would like send a request that they stock your book, as "true story" books are very big over here. I did try to buy "Searching for Anna" at this book store before I bought it on line and they told me that they didn't have it but they could order it in for me, so they obviously know where to get it.

I think it is important to get your book circulated in as many countries and book stores as possible as we simply just don't know where Anna may be. This might also help raise some revenue for other things to be looked in to that may require payment, let alone the publicity this could bring.

Please let me know if it is OK to contact this book store.

Oh, and good luck with the book signing :)

Ozziemum

Hugs, kisses and prayers

Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie

This is so exciting.

I'm a member of one of the biggest book stores here in Australia and if it's OK, I would like send a request that they stock your book, as "true story" books are very big over here. I did try to buy "Searching for Anna" at this book store before I bought it on line and they told me that they didn't have it but they could order it in for me, so they obviously know where to get it.

I think it is important to get your book circulated in as many countries and book stores as possible as we simply just don't know where Anna may be. This might also help raise some revenue for other things to be looked in to that may require payment, let alone the publicity this could bring.

Please let me know if it is OK to contact this book store.

Oh, and good luck with the book signing :)

Ozziemum

Hugs, kisses and prayers
Absolutely, and thank you!

Absolutely, and thank you!

Hi Annasmom,

I sent an email to the book store over here and I have also emailed The Oprah show (again) and Oprah's book club.

I will let you know if I get any replies.

I was wondering if you have another age progression done for Anna that would be at her current age? I have started putting photos of some of the missing kids in a small journal I keep with me. Some put the photos on cell phones, but I don't know how to upload to my phone yet. I keep this small book with me, just in case I do see someone who may look like someone we are looking for.

I was wondering if you have another age progression done for Anna that would be at her current age? I have started putting photos of some of the missing kids in a small journal I keep with me. Some put the photos on cell phones, but I don't know how to upload to my phone yet. I keep this small book with me, just in case I do see someone who may look like someone we are looking for.
Hi, Bern; the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children isn't due to do another age progression for a while yet, but the most recent one is at www.searchingforanna.com. Thank you.

Thank you Annasmom,

Your daughter is beautiful. I intend to get your book also. Some one emailed me some time ago about Anna, I don't remember when or who anymore. I will keep you in my prayers and keep my eyes open. I do live in FL, but you never know where people end up at, I lived in Pittsburgh for 46 years and now here I am. I assume you have gone though year books of students in and around your area.

Annasmom,

I order your book, "Searching for Anna". I should get it in about a week or so. I also wondered if you have looked into facial recognition software? There are some free downloads on the internet. Maybe the lasted age progression photo could be used to see if there are any matches anywhere on the internet. She may have a face book account or myspace. I don't know if school pictures are on the internet but is worth a shot.

Annasmom,

I order your book, "Searching for Anna". I should get it in about a week or so. I also wondered if you have looked into facial recognition software? There are some free downloads on the internet. Maybe the lasted age progression photo could be used to see if there are any matches anywhere on the internet. She may have a face book account or myspace. I don't know if school pictures are on the internet but is worth a shot.
Thank you, Bern. It would be great if you could do this for us. I am very inept when it comes to any kind of technology beyond e-mail. I wouldn't have a clue how to use the free download. It's a great idea.

Thank you, Bern. It would be great if you could do this for us. I am very inept when it comes to any kind of technology beyond e-mail. I wouldn't have a clue how to use the free download. It's a great idea.

Let me look into this, I know someone who has the software and maybe I can get some help here. I also got your book today, I am really looking forward to reading this.

If this software works and it gives you any leads, it may be something to get LE to check out with other cases. I believe every thing is for a reason, someone read a post of mine and asked me about Anna, I had never heard of your story, so this website is truly a blessing.

Have a hopeful and happy Holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_recognition_system

Here is an explanation of the what they are doing with this. I don't know if this is a program for personal computers, but I will see what I can find. You may want to contact the detective that is handling her case and see if he has this resource available to him.

Note: They have a reference to Madeline McCann's case (using software to see if they can find the person who took her)

Anna's anniversary is coming up for her disappearance. I was thinking and emailed Annasmom, that maybe a newspaper would consider doing a human interest story, or 48 Hours has a web sit, may you could contact them to do updated story on her. Dr. Phil and Robin have a huge audience and have so many resources. Send her book to them, see if they would do a show, especially since Jaycee D. has been found in California. I would write to anyone that had a media outlet to see if they would do a segment on her. You have a book out and more information now.

Did anyone send a book off to Dr. Phil or Robin? I need the address, I looked on the site and I can't find a snail mail address. Please email or pm me if you have it, I will be needing it in the next week or so.

Thanks all!

BTW I did look into the software, and a library has to be in place with all the photos you want to search. Myspace and Facebook's library of pictures would not be accessible to me. I can only search faces that I have access to, ones that are on my hard drive or ones I put in a library myself to search. But that doesn't mean someone else doesn't have access to these pictures, like the FBI. So I haven't given up just yet.

Just so everyone is on the same page, I did get a couple of letters and emails out to 48 Hours and a copy of the book sent off to one of the producers.

I have also written a letter to Robin McGraw and Dr. Phil. I included some documents and letters of interest and sent a book off for her to read. I hope they will find their way to her and Dr. Phil and they give us a call.

I sent the filled out forms to the FBI along with proper documentation for the Freedom Of Information Act.

Just so everyone is on the same page, I did get a couple of letters and emails out to 48 Hours and a copy of the book sent off to one of the producers.

I have also written a letter to Robin McGraw and Dr. Phil. I included some documents and letters of interest and sent a book off for her to read. I hope they will find their way to her and Dr. Phil and they give us a call.

I sent the filled out forms to the FBI along with proper documentation for the Freedom Of Information Act.

Great job Bern.

A friend from out of the area informed me that when he stopped by the bookstore in HMB, he saw "Searching for Anna" prominently displayed. Yea!

A friend from out of the area informed me that when he stopped by the bookstore in HMB, he saw "Searching for Anna" prominently displayed. Yea!
Do you know which book store? We have several now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member