Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina_M said:
Oh wow, Sherlock, I didn't know you had an Anna profile too! I just requested to add you. Those are some great pics of Anna you have on there. A couple of them I had not seen anywhere else.

I've befriended someone on MySpace who puts up blogs and bulletins about missing children. She has posted some about Anna :D She also suggested someone print up flyers with Anna's pics and info and distribute them...has this been done, or has it been considered?
Hi, Gina. I think the MySpace information will really reach a lot of people. Regarding the flyers, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children circulates Anna's picture (not as often as it used to, but I did get a notice a few days ago), as does the Vanished Children's Alliance. Also, Doogie and I made up our own flyer and mailed it to everyone now living on Purisima Creek Road. You know, it is so touching, the way people have responded to Anna's story.
I am so grateful.

Gina_M said:
Oh wow, Sherlock, I didn't know you had an Anna profile too! I just requested to add you. Those are some great pics of Anna you have on there. A couple of them I had not seen anywhere else.

I've befriended someone on MySpace who puts up blogs and bulletins about missing children. She has posted some about Anna :D She also suggested someone print up flyers with Anna's pics and info and distribute them...has this been done, or has it been considered?
Gina & Sherlockjr, you both did an excellent job on setting up the myspace for Anna. I sent requests to you both to be added as friends. I'm not very good at setting up the myspace thing but if I can fiqure it out I will add some things about Anna to mine too.

I just started a discussion in the HMB Review. This is the link and what I posted:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/half-moon-bay-ca/TMCEAE05J0M3Q0LNQ

Cold Case Kidnapping- ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS-WHAT DO U REMEMBER?

THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN THE HMB REVIEW ABOUT ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS WHO WAS ABDUCTED FROM HER HOME NEAR PURISMO CREEK IN 1973. SHE WAS 5 YRS OLD. HER FAMILY HAS NEVER GIVEN UP THEIR SEARCH.
WERE YOU A RESIDENT OF HMB IN THE 70'S? DID YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE SEARCH? HEAR ANY RUMORS ABOUT HER DISAPPEARANCE? PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW OR HEARD ABOUT THE CASE. ALL INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED. IF YOU HAVE INFO AND WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS PLS SEND AN EMAIL TO drdoogief@earthlink.net
YOU WILL BE ASSURED ANONYMITY.
Not much but just maybe we will get a comment or two on there. I'll check frequently and hopefully you all will too.

Sorry. the discussion is in Topix.net- Half Moon Bay Forums

A-ha, Shadow, I just put two and two together and figured out which of my new MySpace friends you are ;) Thanks for adding me :D

itscreenw, that's a great idea about the Topix.net discussion. I hope someone responds. Even if they don't have any info, I think it's good to get people interested in Anna's case :)

Shadow205 said:
For AnnasMom:

To Anna http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=112012735

This is a very special song for me. That is my beautiful Niece singing it. I was listening to it this morning while thinking of Anna. To me it seemed perfect for Anna's Mom. I can hear her singing it to Anna. I hope that you enjoy it AnnasMom.
Shadow, I'm really going to have to get a newer computer. I saw the picture of your beautiful niece, but the music didn't play. What was the name of the song? (I'll try again to see if my machine will play it for me.) Thank you!

Shadow205 said:
Gina & Sherlockjr, you both did an excellent job on setting up the myspace for Anna. I sent requests to you both to be added as friends. I'm not very good at setting up the myspace thing but if I can fiqure it out I will add some things about Anna to mine too.
Thank you Shadow. Myspace was new to me also. I had my 14 year old show me all the ins and outs and helped me with the webpage. I just got home and approved your requests.

Annasmom said:
Shadow, I'm really going to have to get a newer computer. I saw the picture of your beautiful niece, but the music didn't play. What was the name of the song? (I'll try again to see if my machine will play it for me.) Thank you!
I love that song...it's called "My Valentine". I remember Martina McBride's version of that on the radio around 1998. Very beautiful! Too bad it didn't play for you Annasmom. It may be your computer, or it may be the MySpace music player, because there have been a lot of problems with the songs loading and playing for people. I think MySpace still has a lot of "bugs" in their system that need to be worked out :rolleyes:

I just emailed a place called "Artists Helping Children".
http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/ahc/index.php?c=643&s=21

It is a charitable foundation that offers services to help terminally ill and children in crisis situations.
The volunteer artists paint murals, sketches, etc... so I explained what we do on WS and that we are looking for a sketch artist in N. CA that would volunteer or for a minimal fee, draw a composite of the man and child the tipster saw at her house. I will post as soon as I get a reply.

Doogie, I gave your email address as a person to contact. I hope you don't mind. (I know you don't). I also cc'd the email to you.

I have sent an e-mail to a Program Director/Associate Producer to "Missing Pieces". They replied back and will be calling me this week-end to get more information about Anna's case. Of coarse she will be directed to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom. Here is their website:

http://www.missingpieces.info/

SherlockJr said:
I have sent an e-mail to a Program Director/Associate Producer to "Missing Pieces". They replied back and will be calling me this week-end to get more information about Anna's case. Of coarse she will be directed to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom. Here is their website:

http://www.missingpieces.info/http://www.missingpieces.info/
Cool, Sherlock! Sounds like a great program :)

Just an update: There haven't been any comments added to the Discussion I started on Topix.net.

I checked out the link SherlockJr listed above and through that link, I found a site that does "Vanished" commercials that feature missing children. I don't know if that is a nationwide program or just in CA. I forwarded the link to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom for review.

ETA:
2 of the sketch artists I contacted to do a composite of the man/girl the tipster recalled have replied to my emails. I put them in contact with Dr. Doogie and I'm sure he will give us updates when available. Dr. Doogie. It's Tuesday night (hooray). Breathe deep and exhale;)

SherlockJr said:

http://www.missingpieces.info/http://www.missingpieces.info/

I received the phone call we have been waiting for.

WE'RE IN!!!

The woman who called me is trying her best to be able to air the show in January on or near the 16th! This will be the 34th anniversary of Anna's missing. They dedicate the complete hour to only one case.

SherlockJr said:
I received the phone call we have been waiting for.

WE'RE IN!!!

The woman who called me is trying her best to be able to air the show in January on or near the 16th! This will be the 34th anniversary of Anna's missing. They dedicate the complete hour to only one case.
Woo Hooo!!!!!! :D

:woohoo:

Way to go, Sherlock! :clap: :dance:

so many good things are happening first the manuscript. then the article in the paper information from a tipster, the myspace page, the dna samples that soon hopefully will be collected, the women who contacted someone about a friend she had in tulsa., and the other women who said her friend looks like the age composit pictures. and now this radio cast. we are making very very huge progress in the search for anna and hopefully things will keep on getting better

Each time we have gotten the word out about Anna (the article in the HMB Review, MySpace), we have generated new leads. This is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member