Media Links - NO DISCUSSION

http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Conferences/

An upcoming conference May 16-19 in Tulsa ... this weekend.

It is a possibility and a possibility only that Coleman might have been involved in pre-conference security planning.

I never saw it reported that CC changed his story .. I saw someone on the SLPD saying reporters were interviewing neighbors and the information that Coleman was working had probably come from neighbors since they had previous knowledge that he worked nights and just assumed he was at work that night.

So .. can anyone unequivocally provide a source to support the contention that "CC changed his story..." ????

Chicago family says 'goodbye' to Columbia murder victims

Sheri Weiss Coleman's family got the chance to say goodbye to her and her boys on Monday in Chicago.

The big Italian family gathered near where she grew up, in the Cicero and Berwyn areas. There was a big spread of food downstairs at the funeral home, while upstairs there was a lot of hugging, reminiscing and a video featuring Sheri Coleman, 31, and her sons Garett, 11 and Gavin, 9.

The memorial service took a court order but gave Angela DeCicco a chance to be with family as she mourned her only daughter and only grandchildren.

<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/765104.html

Was there tension? Was it mounting? We had the opportunity to read the affidavit but then we had the opportunity to read a news article yesterday.

Page 27 of this thread, message 668, the following was posted yesterday, the link was given:

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/764999.html

Article title: "Chicago family says 'goodbye' to Columbia triple homicide victims"

>>Her family found out Thursday afternoon that Chris Coleman was not going to allow them to bring the victims to Chicago as had been discussed. Enrico Mirabelli, Sheri's cousin, is a lawyer who flew to St. Louis and tried again to get Chris Coleman to allow a service in Chicago.

He refused.

Mirabelli had served on the Illinois State Bar Association board with Belleville attorney Jack Carey, so he enlisted Carey's aid and with some help from St. Clair County Circuit Judge John Baricevic and Associate Judge Brian Babka, they obtained a restraining order and stopped the burials on Saturday in Chester, where Chris Coleman grew up.<<

"Refused" was the word used.

Also noted from the article was:
>>"We just want to express our gratitude to the people down there and let them know how grateful we are," Mirabelli said. "They gave us the opportunity to mourn her and the boys' deaths."

"Without that order, a lot of these people could not pay their respects because they couldn't get down there."<<

So...thankfully the court provided a remedy for which Sheri's family a) had to fight for against Chris, and b) were thankful to receive due to the court's goodness.

I might suggest that a family "grieving" 3 murder victims would consider the above "tension" with a capital T.

I'd say "growing tension" might be that Chris did not attend the Chicago service, but why? He didn't want to go? He wasn't invited? Maybe because the Chicago obit didn't include him as loving husband and father in it? (that was also mentioned days ago in this thread).

But the above is old news...

W

Lengthy reported filed today by Randolph newspaper. Contains some of the best and most comprehensive reporting so far, IMO. Information about the threats, the camera trained on the mailbox and the writing left on the wall is discussed.

Hopefully, the reporting is accurate as it ties up many of the "tidbits" that have been floating around.

http://www.randolphcountyheraldtribune.com/homepage/x362994168

Perhaps the "person of interest" is the "unknown individual" the Coleman's reported as having an interaction with that was "suspicious in nature"

Gee, the majority seems to be of the opinion that Coleman planned and carried this out ... if so, how did he "plan" the interaction with the "unknown individual" that was "suspicious in nature" ?

I rather think he didn't and don't think Coleman killed his family. :eek:

Hello SS,

Let me help you with that Obit. First posted in this thread on page 15 by myself, message #366 (posted 5/10/09 at about 7AM):

>>Went to Hursen site to read Sheri's obituary, to see if if there was one. Some of you might be interested in reading it. Hmmm, Chris' name is not mentioned in the obituary.<<

Link was then reposted 4 hours later by Analytical in message 399.

Hope the above helps. Maybe we need a list of these links and what they help us to learn :)

W
PS. Here was the more important test in the obit:
>>Sheri Coleman, age 31, along with sons, Garett 11 and Gavin 9, suddenly, May 5, in Columbia, IL. Beloved daughter and grandsons of Angie DeCicco and Donald Weiss; loving sister and nephews of Mario Weiss; dear niece and great-nephews of Elvira (Lou) Mirabelli and the late Marion (Mario) Miglio, the late Phyllis (Jim) Daidone, Pat (Georgianne), Donald and the late James (Maryann) DeCicco; loving God-daughter of Joseph (Fran) Miglio. Visitation Monday, 3 p.m. until time of Funeral Service 8 p.m., at Hursen Funeral Home, SW corner of Roosevelt/Mannheim Rds., Hillside/Westchester. Please omit flowers. Funeral info toll-free 800-562-0082 or www.hursen.com<<

Note that the guests were not suggested to contribute to the fund at the Coleman church.

Lengthy reported filed today by Randolph newspaper. Contains some of the best and most comprehensive reporting so far, IMO. Information about the threats, the camera trained on the mailbox and the writing left on the wall is discussed.

Hopefully, the reporting is accurate as it ties up many of the "tidbits" that have been floating around.

Perhaps the "person of interest" is the "unknown individual" the Coleman's reported as having an interaction with that was "suspicious in nature"

Gee, the majority seems to be of the opinion that Coleman planned and carried this out ... if so, how did he "plan" the interaction with the "unknown individual" that was "suspicious in nature" ?

I rather think he didn't and don't think Coleman killed his family. :eek:
This article is simply a compilation of other articles and information. There is nothing new that I could find within the article which is not already listed on this thread.

I will repeat this for your benefit:

The family also had a previous interaction with Columbia Police when they called them to document some interaction between an unknown individual and themselves.

&#8220;There was some interaction between an unknown individual and them that was just suspicious in nature. We don&#8217;t even know that it was a crime; they just contacted the police and wanted to document some incidents,&#8221; said Deputy Commander Jeff Connor.

This clearly says Columbia Police went out to take a report that someone (unknown individual) was supposedly in some way bothering the Coleman's. (We know now this meant "threats in the mailbox".) Of course, it would be suspicious...but LE could mean they were suspicious the person may be Chris leaving them since they did not specify. Saying they don't even know that it was a crime indicates no proof it was someone else leaving them. (As far as I know, it is illegal to leave anything in somone's mailbox and a threat could be treated as a crime depending on the contents.)

About that unknown individual...

>>“There was some interaction between an unknown individual and them that was just suspicious in nature. We don’t even know that it was a crime; they just contacted the police and wanted to document some incidents,” said Deputy Commander Jeff Connor.<<

Interesting "we don't even know that it was a crime" -- just something documented. Seems if it was documented, there would be some info about what it was. Someone throwing litter in their yard? Someone they suspected of bonking their mail box?

Okay then there is:
>>It was reported, the family had been receiving threats for the last 6 months through notes left in their mailbox. Neighbors reported that the notes the Coleman family had been receiving dealt with Coleman’s job.<<

Now if those notes were about "death threat" (and we have NO information to that effect that I know of) -- did these get similarly documented? Sure seems they would have been very important to document. Where are those notes? Were they given to the police at the time -- did both Sheri and Chris see the notes OR did Chris so-called see them and not show Sheri? Did the neighbors see any of these notes? Were these notes handwritten? Typed? Letters cut out from magazine and newspaper articles?

Threats? "You gonna lose your job bubba" kinda threats? If we are to believe the "I told you this would happen" supposedly painted on the wall -- then wouldn't we assume those were dangerous threats worthy of documentation? Where's the soup?

W

COLUMBIA, ILL. -- Christopher E. Coleman was not working as an overnight security guard for Joyce Meyer Ministries when his family was murdered, the head of the Major Case Squad investigating the deaths said this afternoon.

"He wasn't working that night," said Major Jeff Connor of the Major Case Squad.

So...what was he doing that night.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...4826560E9F97109B862575AE00105849?OpenDocument

So this leaves a small window from the time he left for the gym, worked out, called home several times, then called LE for a well check. I am aching to find out the Time of Death -- this will answer a lot of questions.

Are you talking about the topix comments after that news story about the other woman? I bet they are really fired up! (I haven't ventured there yet.)

I wonder how his family is going to try to spin this one?! A married preacher's son shouldn't be having an affair with a stripper and then be a possible suspect in the homicide of his wife and sons. His attorney has his work cut out for him. (And the "jury pool" just tanked.)

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/em...es.nsf&docid=848E00DB94E5E491862575B5001067C4

Police cars, detectives staked out at house where Coleman is staying:

http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/766954.html

'Three unmarked police cars and a sport utility vehicle full of detectives on Wednesday morning were staked out around the house in Chester where Chris Coleman has been staying since his wife and two sons were strangled.
Shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday, Chris Coleman and his father, the Rev. Ronald Coleman, left the house at 304 Dixie Drive in Chester and went to the father's church, Grace Church Ministries in Chester.
Most of the police who were parked near the house then followed the Colemans to the church.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back