Media Links Only - No Discussion

Bolingbrook's Board of Fire and Police Commissioners announced Tuesday night that because Drew Peterson submitted his unconditional resignation last week, they no longer have the authority to pursue any disciplinary action against him.

Peterson, who is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy, submitted his immediate resignation to the village on Nov. 12.

The letter also stated that because he was no longer a member of the Bolingbrook Police Department he would not appear at the internal affairs investigative interview scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 13, a release from the village Tuesday night said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14656184/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Peterson stalked me, says ex-fiancee

Another article about the ex-fiancee:

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

"Nov. 21, 2007 - Drew Peterson, the former police sergeant who is suspected in the disappearance of his fourth wife and possibly the murder of his third, had yet another fiancee who now says he stalked her and arrested her on false charges.
With Peterson "it was always a power thing, it was always a control thing," said Kyle Piry, an Illinois woman who was engaged to the police officer in the 1980s. She talked about Peterson's "smirky smile," his charms and his sudden bouts of anger."

""After I broke up with him I went to his house to get some things. He started calling me names and pushed me over a coffee table. He sat on me and straddled me with legs, yelling& No one had ever done anything like that to me and I didn't know what to do," she said.

Piry said she called the police, but friends of Peterson in the department "swept it away.""

Stacy Peterson's Friend Testifies In Investigation

Scott Rossetto Said He And Stacy Flirted, But Never Dated

Reporting Mike Puccinelli

"JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) ― An old friend of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson's admits he flirted with her in the weeks before Stacy disappeared.

Scott Rossetto testified Wednesday before a grand jury investigating the case. As CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports, it was the third time Rossetto was called before a grand jury to testify about what he knows about Stacy's disappearance more than three weeks ago. The first two times he did not take the stand, but this time he did.

"They asked what kind of contact we had, conversations that she maybe had initiated," Rossetto sad. "Did she look afraid…Just generalized conversation.""

""I never dated her. She dated my brother, and she dated my best friend," Rossetto said. "I don't date friends."

But he said Drew Peterson apparently suspected otherwise. At least that's what the Bolingbrook cop said when he confronted the two while having dinner at a restaurant.

"He asked me how I would feel if my wife went off with another guy, and I told him honestly I would trust her until she gave me a reason not to," Rossetto said.

When asked if he feared that Drew Peterson might have hurt Stacy Peterson, Rossetto said he could not say, but also admitted that his gut says something is wrong.

"To tell you the truth I don't even know if I should refer to her to her in the past and present tense. It's kind of aggravating," Rossetto said. "I really, really hope she's OK. But common sense says she's not.""

There is a video of this report at the same site.

Police Asking Prosecutors To Look At Peterson's File

CHICAGO -- Grand jury testimony continued on Wednesday in the case of a former Bolingbrook police sergeant suspected in the disappearance of his wife.

Drew Peterson is suspected in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, who disappeared four weeks ago. She has not been found.

One of the witnesses called before the grand jury was Steve Carcerano, who found Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, dead in a bathtub three years ago. Also called before the grand jury was a friend of Stacy Peterson's, who Peterson contacted just days before her Oct. 28 disappearance, NBC5's Alex Perez said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14664615/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Investigators probing the disappearance of a former Bolingbrook police sergeant's wife and the mysterious death of his third wife have uncovered evidence of possible unrelated crimes that could jeopardize his $72,000 pension, the Illinois State Police captain in charge of the case said Wednesday.

Meanwhile, a special grand jury heard testimony from a man who said he exchanged "flirty" text messages with former Sgt. Drew Peterson's wife, Stacy Peterson, before her Oct. 28 disappearance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_22nov22,0,7065346.story

TWINS DENY DATING A MISSING MOM, BUT SAID THEY 'FLIRTED' WITH HER

BOLINGBROOK -- Twin brothers testified to a grand jury about missing mom Stacy Peterson and one told of trading "perverted and flirty" text messages with the young woman.

Both twins -- male nurses Scott and Keith Rossetto -- denied any romantic entanglement with the 23-year-old Peterson, though Scott accused his brother of dating her for months and admitted himself to sending her lascivious messages.

"Some of the messages were quite perverted and flirty in nature, but it was all in fun," said Scott Rossetto, 35.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/662585,4_1_JO22_MISSING_S1.article

Drew Peterson’s exes speak out
Nov. 21: Three out of four of Drew Peterson exes now say he threatened them. Dan Abrams discusses new details in the case with WBBM radio’s Mary Frances Bragiel and attorneys Bill Fallon and David ...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...1-7d91ba9a4781

What is Drew Peterson’s defense?
Nov. 20: Sgt. Drew Peterson protests the media the same day he poses for a People Magazine cover story. Dan Abrams talks with Peterson’s attorney Joel Brodsky, psychologist Bethany Marshall, profil...

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=...f-a21049bacf5a

Attorney: Drew received letter about Stacy 'sighting'
November 22, 2007
ASSOCIATED PRESS

"An attorney for former police sergeant Drew Peterson says Peterson received an unsigned letter yesterday giving a detailed description of a sighting of his missing wife, Stacy Peterson.

Attorney Joel Brodsky says Peterson opened the letter today and immediately called the Illinois State Police and his attorneys to notify them of the development.

The letter carried a Peoria (Illinois) postmark and was dated November 19th. It detailed an encounter the writer had with Stacy on November 12th at a Kroger grocery store in Peoria.

Brodsky says the letter is detailed and describes a man whom the writer said appeared to be in Stacy's company.

The attorney says Peterson hopes the letter will lead authorities to his wife.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself, telling The Associated Press he doesn't want to do anything to ''impede the investigation.''"

Drew Peterson's pension is in jeopardy after investigators discovered several crimes unrelated to the disappearance of the former police sergeant's wife and mysterious death of his third wife, according to a report in Thursday's Chicago Tribune.

Illinois State Police Captain Carl Dobrich told the Tribune 64 officers are now assigned full-time to investigate the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the death of Kathleen Savio.

Dobrich said in the course of the investigation, detectives discovered evidence Drew Peterson may have violated Bolingbrook Police Department policies.

Dobrich would not describe the alleged violations, but told the Tribune they were serious enough to potentially trigger the loss of Drew Peterson's $6,000 monthly pension. Under state law, a police officer's pension may be denied or revoked only if the officer is convicted of a job-related felony.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.pension.2.593810.html

Stacy Peterson's family received an anonymous call this week to a tip line reporting a sighting of the missing Bolingbrook mother in Florida, but they're not taking such reports seriously.

"I'm sure Stacy looks like a lot of people," family spokeswoman Pam Bosco said. "We want Stacy to come home. But this is anonymous, and we won't believe it until we get a call from police with Stacy in hand."

The Associated Press reported another possible sighting on Thursday, when Drew Peterson's attorney said her husband received an unsigned letter Wednesday giving a detailed description of his wife in Peoria, Ill. The lawyer, Joel Brodsky, would not provide the AP with the letter of the alleged sighting in Peoria, a two-hour drive from Bolingbrook.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_webnov23,0,983285.story

Former police sergeant Drew Peterson received an unsigned letter describing a supermarket sighting of his missing wife, Stacy Peterson, and has turned it over to investigators, according to his attorney Joel Brodsky.

But a close friend of Stacy Peterson's family said she doubts the letter is a legitimate tip.

Drew Peterson received the letter Wednesday, and didn't open it until Thursday, the attorney said. Peterson, who has been named a suspect by authorities investigating his 23-year-old wife's disappearance, immediately called the Illinois State Police and his attorneys to notify them, Brodsky said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14670222/detail.html?dl=mainclick

POLICE LOOKING FOR MAN WHO MAY HAVE LOADED RECEPTACLE INTO VEHICLE WITH EX-OFFICER

A neighbor told police he spotted Drew Peterson and a mystery man loading a large blue barrel into the disgraced cop's GMC Denali hours after his young wife was last seen alive, sources said.

The identity of the man accompanying Peterson was not known, a pair of police sources said.

"That's who we're looking for," one of the sources said, describing the barrel as blue and large.

"It's between 35 and 55 gallons," he said. "Big enough to put someone in."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/663574,4_1_JO23_PETERSON_S1.article

Report: Neighbor Told Police He Saw Drew Peterson, 2nd Man, Loading Barrel Into SUV

Friday, November 23, 2007

A neighbor of Drew Peterson told police he saw the husband of missing mom Stacy Peterson and an unidentified man loading a barrel "big enough to put someone in" into the former cops SUV, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.
Sources told the paper that police are searching for the second man after the neighbor described the barrel as blue with a volume of between 35 and 55 gallons, the paper reports.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312607,00.html

Do You Have a Tip about Stacy Peterson’s disappearance? Kathleen Savio’s death? Anything Related to the Investigations?

~snip

Beginning Monday we will have an anonymous tip box set up RIGHT HERE on GretaWire…you can leave tips for us and no one will know (except us.)

…but until Monday, if you have a TIP about Stacy Peterson’s disappearance, or Kathleen Savio’s death, or any related part of the investigations, call 212 301-3587.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/23/do-you-have-a-tip-about-stacy-petersons-disappearance-kathleen-savios-death/#comments

~snip~

Family sources say a neighbor reported seeing Drew and an unidentified man loading the barrel into the back of his now-confiscated Yukon Denali.

"We had heard this before about Drew Peterson carrying a barrel with somebody," said Pamela Bosco, spokesperson for Stacy Peterson.

Based on that information, searchers have been on the lookout for the barrel for weeks. They've spotted more than 10 of them since Stacy disappeared. But so far there's been no sign of Stacy. Still Bosco says the search for the barrel will go on.

"I sure hope it leads to something. It sounds very interesting to me," Bosco said.

In addition to the missing blue barrel that police have told the family they're looking for, sources say scuba diving weights are also missing from Drew's house. That may have led investigators to search numerous ponds, including one near Clow Airfield where sources say cadaver dogs hit on something.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/drew.peterson.suspicion.2.594434.html

PEORIA — Metamora-based District 8 Illinois State police are assisting in the search for Stacy Peterson, the missing mom who was reportedly spotted at an area Kroger store last week.

Peterson, 23, vanished Oct. 28 from Bolingbrook, a Chicago suburb more than 130 miles from here, while on her way to meet her sister. For the last month, sightings of Peterson — first in Florida, now in Peoria — have made headlines, sending the investigation into several directions.

Now an investigation has been launched locally to determine whether Peterson was actually seen at the Kroger grocery store in the Madison Park Shopping Center.

http://www.pjstar.com/php/index.php...ely_the_site_of_the_alleged_stacy_peterson_s/

Stacy Peterson Search Turns To Lakes, Rivers
Nov 24, 2007 9:49 am US/Central
cbs2 Chicago

"BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― The search for Stacy Peterson resumes Saturday morning, as authorities wonder whether a large blue barrel might hold the answer to her disappearance.

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, volunteers were to gather at 9 a.m. at the Bolingbrook Recreation and Aquatic Center, at 200 S. Lindsey Lane in the southwest suburb. The search will focus on lakes, rivers and other bodies of water in the area, after revelations that Stacy's husband, former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson, was seen loading a large barrel into his sport-utility vehicle."

"A police source said tests conducted on the vehicle at the state police laboratory have not been completed. But another source said police located pieces of blue plastic on the back end of the car.

Meanwhike
(sic), a prosecutor's spokesman says the FBI has been asked to join the search.

Charles Pelkie, a spokesman for the Will County state's attorney, says the FBI's involvement would make it possible for the U.S. Navy to provide technical assistance."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back