Media Links Only-No Discusssion

Billboard for Weleetka girls

Also Video at site
It has been more than 3 months since 2 Weleetka girls were found shot to death. Law enforcement officials are, once again, asking for your help.

The bodies of 13-year old Taylor Placker and 11-year old Skyla Whitaker were found on a rural road.

The shooting happened in June.

Investigators have checked into more than 500 leads in this case, and still have no suspect. They say they are not about to give up; In fact a billboard in Henryetta is the latest tool they are using to try to get more clues.

If you have any information on the case, no matter how big or small, investigators want it.

You do not have to give your name to share tips.

Please call the OSBI Hotline at 1-800-522-8017.
It has been more than 3 months since 2 Weleetka girls were found shot to death. Law enforcement officials are, once again, asking for your help.

The bodies of 13-year old Taylor Placker and 11-year old Skyla Whitaker were found on a rural road.

The shooting happened in June.

Investigators have checked into more than 500 leads in this case, and still have no suspect. They say they are not about to give up; In fact a billboard in Henryetta is the latest tool they are using to try to get more clues.

If you have any information on the case, no matter how big or small, investigators want it.

You do not have to give your name to share tips.

Please call the OSBI Hotline at 1-800-522-8017.

http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/2viewgc/story.aspx?content_id=0b8bbecd-07c9-4453-a647-177f4ed6474f

HELLO!

This is the Media Links Only Thread-No Discusssion

I wanted to post this for our wonderful group !!
We were the headline story on tonight's 6 and 10 pm local news (ABC affiliate).

In Their Footsteps: A Walk In Weleetka

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html

Weleetka - This weekend two young murder victims who were gunned down exactly five months ago on a rural road were honored.

Taylor Placker and Skyla Whitaker were killed in Weleetka back in June, but even in death these fallen angels have left quite a legacy.

"We all met on-line," said Lora.

Lora traveled all the way from Canada. Rich from Ohio.

"I've always had a special place in my heart for people who leave this world before they really should," said Rich.

In fact, most of these people have never even been to Oklahoma before, but gathered this weekend for one very important reason to honor two young girls who were shot to death in cold blood.

"I'm from Lexington, Texas, between Austin and College Station," said Mary. Mary just had to see the memorial for herself.

"I was just so touched by what happened these are our girls, our children, the children of our hearts," explained Mary.
All of those gathered in Weleetka me in an on-line forum devoted to unsolved cases. They bonded over this one. Then came the idea to meet.

The group traveled the same road the two victims traveled before they were shot. It is their way to bring honor and sense of healing, while hoping someday someone will be caught.

"They didn't deserve to die out here. We want people to know that we haven't forgotten them and will always remember them," said Lora.

While several people have been brought in for questioning, no arrests have been made in the case.

CNN has the story on their homepage today!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/11/...ml#cnnSTCVideo

NEW YORK (CNN)
-- Two young girls, best friends, were found shot to death five months ago on the side of a dirt road not far from their homes in the small rural town of Weleetka, Oklahoma. Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, left, and Skyla Jade Whittaker, 11, were shot with two weapons, police say. Police in Weleetka say there hasn't been a murder in town in more than 20 years. A double homicide involving two children is beyond anything Weleetka's 1,084 residents have experienced.

Oklahoma autopsy info bill runs out of steam
[SIZE=-1]NewsOK.com - Oklahoma City,OK,USA[/SIZE]
snip
The OSBI requested the bill partly as a result of the medical examiner's office releasing the autopsy reports of two Weleetka area girls killed last year, Brown said.

The reports, released two months after the bodies of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, were found alongside a gravel road, showed where the girls were shot and how many times.

These links are awesome. Thanks to all who took the time to post them.

Flossie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back