CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

MAR 7, 2019
Killer Dad Chris Watts Tells All About His Murders and His Mistress
[...]

Watts told police he wishes he could speak to Kessinger “just once” to say “I’m sorry this all happened.” He wondered if she had to seek counseling and leave everything behind. He told the cops that his attorney tried to call her once but she didn’t answer.

Asked if he loved Kessinger, Watts replied, “I felt like it was true.”

Throughout July, while Shanann and the kids visited family in North Carolina, Watts lived out a fantasy with Kessinger. “Every time I would open up my phone, I would see my wife and kids and think, ‘What are you doing?’ And every time I was with [Kessinger], I didn’t think. It was like a blinder was in my face,” Watts said.

Whenever Shanann called her husband, he was at Kessinger’s home. Indeed, Watts said he slept at Kessinger’s house that entire month. “I wish I had met her at work and just kept it that way,” Watts said.

[...]

With Kessinger, Watts felt “more in control” and that they had an equal partnership. “She actually asked my opinion on a lot of things, what I wanted to do,” Watts continued. “I was just kind of like… OK.” It was “very new” for him, he said.

“Anything new feels better than the old,” Watts told police.

[...]

“I feel like it was just an anger with Shanann, with everything, that I was just taking it out on everybody that was in front of me that morning,” Watts said.

But when an investigator asked, “What were you so angry with Shanann about?” Watts didn’t have an exact answer. “Nothing that makes anybody want to do this,” he said. “You can be angry at your spouse your whole life, but you should never do anything like this.”

“I’d never been angry before, and this was like the epitome of being angry… the epitome of losing your mind.”

[...]

“[Nikki] had her moments where I had to talk her off a ledge,” Watts said, adding, “She would get worked up about nothing.”

Shanann called Watts 10 times on the morning of July 4, while he was staying at Kessinger’s home. Shanann was angry because she couldn’t get ahold of her husband. So Watts rushed home to speak with his wife, and connected with Kessinger later. Kessinger said she “realized she’d always be second fiddle,” Watts said.

[...]

Kessinger didn’t know Shanann was pregnant. According to Watts, his mistress once told him, “I’d like to give you a son.”

[...]

On Aug. 14, Kessinger seemed to suspect something was amiss. She began asking odd questions that only he knew the answers to—such as his dog’s name and the name of his yoga studio—so she could confirm it was really him on the phone. That day, she’d also met with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, unbeknownst to him.

“This is the last time you’ll probably hear from me,” Kessinger told him. “I’m going to stay at my friend’s place while this is going on.”

“She told me to delete everything. I didn’t delete everything. I’m not sure why I didn’t delete everything but it probably helped you guys out,” Watts told the investigators.

[...]

In prison, Watts sees a therapist once a month. He’s declined all psych meds, while most people on his unit take them. “You don’t take anything?” one investigator asked. “No,” Watts replied, adding that he’s on a special management unit away from the general population. “They just keep me in there until the security adviser says I can get moved to GP down the hall.”

[...]

“I’ve always had a really crazy imagination,” Watts said. He said he once convinced an elementary school teacher that he’d gone to China one summer vacation. “She actually believed it. I was really convincing,” Watts added.

[...]

“It’s just weird how emotions process differently for me than everyone else …. The process is different for me. I never knew why, never know why.”

Watts added, “I don’t want to think I’m a cold-hearted person. I just don’t show emotion as much as other people do.”

Police asked if the murders were a result of him bottling things up for so long.

“Definitely,” Watts replied.

[...]

MAR 8, 2019
Chris Watts Thought About Killing Himself Using Gas Can, But Feared Explosion Would Hurt Others
Watts told police he also brought a gas can with him to the oil field, and was going to use it to end his own life. “Being a dad was the best part of his life and he took it all away,” the CBI report reads.

“He put a gas can in the back of his truck and felt like he could get rid of himself at the same time,” it continues. “He didn’t feel like he deserved to live or be on this earth after what had happened…he considered taking his own life as well.”

But Watts did not go through with it. Why? According to the CBI report, he didn’t want to kill anyone else.

“He did not commit suicide because he felt like if he did it out at the oil site, he may have ended up hurting more people than just himself,” states the report. “He knew there were other people in the area and didn’t want something to catch fire or blow up.”

Watts told police he does not own any weapons, which is why he decided to end his life using the gas can.

MAR 8, 2019
HEAR IT: Chris Watts says he blamed daughters’ murders on pregnant wife Shanann Watts because he thought his family would believe it [AUDIO]
[...]

“I told them I pled guilty for a reason,” Watts told investigators about conversations with his family about entering into a plea arrangement, adding that his family said they felt he was “railroaded” into it. Watts indicated that his parents believed Watts did not kill his daughters, and that they did not think prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him at a murder trial.

Watts said his parents still sometimes tell him to “fight it,” and revealed in the interview that he was not planning on telling his parents the full story until they visited him in prison this coming spring.

[...]

Watts also seemed concerned about protecting his parents from the truth, and indicated he was motivated to pin the blame for the children’s death on his wife in part because he thought his family would buy that story.

“I knew they would probably believe it… because my mom and my sister just never really liked Shanann,” Watts is heard saying in the audio recording of the February interview, as the investigators press him for confirmation.

[...]

“One of the reasons we are here, we keep telling ourselves, Chris just does not fit the mold,” one of the agents is heard saying in the audio recording.

The investigators asked several questions about Watts’s use of the “Thrive” nutrition and fitness patches that he was using at the time of the deaths, and tell him that they have others say they suspect Nichol Kessinger, Watts’s mistress, may have been involved somehow in the murders.

Watts denied that Kessinger put him up to the murders in any way, while admitting that the Thrive patches seemed to have a strong effect on him.

MAR 8, 2019
Shanann Watts' parents react to Chris Watts finally admitting what happened | Daily Mail Online
[...]

'It's worse than we ever thought. We thought we'd heard the worst already, we had no idea it was worse than this,' Shanann's brother Frankie said.

Her mother cried at points in the interview and said the only thing keeping her alive was her faith.

'Those were my grandchildren. I loved them. They were mine. I cry all the time.

'There's many times that I just feel like giving up. If it wasn't for God I wouldn't be here,' she said.

Frank, Shanann's father, recounted the disturbing details of the murders to Dr. Phill who replied: 'I am so, so sorry.'

[...]

Watts also revealed he had not spoken to any family members since he was sentenced, which would explain why his father has insisted that his son is innocent.

[...]

'Daddy, it smells,' said Bella during the drive.

[...]

Watts then went home, where he tossed the Yankees blanket and his clothes in a neighborhood dumpster.

[...]

MAR 8, 2019
Shanann Watts' parents react to Chris Watts finally admitting what happened | Daily Mail Online
[...]

'It's worse than we ever thought. We thought we'd heard the worst already, we had no idea it was worse than this,' Shanann's brother Frankie said.

Her mother cried at points in the interview and said the only thing keeping her alive was her faith.

'Those were my grandchildren. I loved them. They were mine. I cry all the time.

'There's many times that I just feel like giving up. If it wasn't for God I wouldn't be here,' she said.

Frank, Shanann's father, recounted the disturbing details of the murders to Dr. Phill who replied: 'I am so, so sorry.'

[...]

Watts also revealed he had not spoken to any family members since he was sentenced, which would explain why his father has insisted that his son is innocent.

[...]

'Daddy, it smells,' said Bella during the drive.

[...]

Watts then went home, where he tossed the Yankees blanket and his clothes in a neighborhood dumpster.

[...]

MAR 9, 2019
How could a man like Chris Watts so callously slaughter his entire family?
How could a man like Chris Watts so callously slaughter his entire family?
Familicide is the act of murdering multiple close family members in quick succession. Often these men are deeply depressed and feel ashamed of themselves. They try to spare their family from imminent financial ruin or status loss and embarrassment. Other disappointed familicide killers want to punish the family for not living up to their grandiose ideas of family life. Half of these family annihilators attempt suicide after the crime. This is where Chris Watts is a bit of an anomaly.

[...]

Like most sociopaths/psychopaths, Chris' romantic relationships and the feelings of being “in love” was not experienced the way a healthy, well-adapted person falls in love.

Sociopaths enter romantic relationships based on an agenda. They always consider what they can get from others first. Men like Chris are not able to be intimate or express empathy or deep emotions. Given these emotional limitations, Watts was drawn to his wife Shanann, because he believed she could make him loved, healthy, normal and whole. He was not able to get these feelings on his own. He very likely thought Shanann could help him feel this way because she had this amazing ability to create an image of satisfaction and success. She also was madly in love with him.

We can assume that Shanann Watts had the capacity to make Chris' world look and feel magical; this worked for him for a period of time, until it no longer did. After some financial difficulties and other frustrations associated with family life, Chris' must have believed he had made a drastic mistake in marrying and having a family with Shanann. It became clear to him that she could not make him feel healthy, happy or whole.

As Chris found himself feeling increasingly more depressed, angry and trapped, he knew he needed to escape this life he had created for himself. This was what partially prompted his work affair/romance.

[...]

Chris is a pathological narcissist and psychopath. All that matters to him are his own needs, his own sense of happiness and his own well-being. He has no sense of connection or feelings toward others, even his own blood. Anyone in the way of his goal was an obstacle that should not continue to exist.

Chris is also a blamer. He blames others for his failures and frustrations. He suppressed these emotions until the violence erupted. This time the target was his pregnant wife and two young daughters. In his tangled thinking, his family, all of them, was guilty, and since Chris blamed his wife and children for his own failings, they had to go.

[...]

Chris Watts may not have been able to find his relevance in the real world, but seems to have found it in prison. In prison, Chris feels like an important man; the man he always thought he should be. He gets fan mail and love letters. His newly revealed confessions, after “finding God” are making him even more of a global star, albeit a notorious one. He is making his mark on history, so he thinks. His egotistical plan and sick need for distinction and recognition are finally being met. Criminality led to his celebrity. A convoluted ending for this psychopathic killer who destroyed three beautiful and innocent lives.

MAR 7, 2019
Killer Dad Chris Watts Tells All About His Murders and His Mistress
[...]

Watts told police he wishes he could speak to Kessinger “just once” to say “I’m sorry this all happened.” He wondered if she had to seek counseling and leave everything behind. He told the cops that his attorney tried to call her once but she didn’t answer.

Asked if he loved Kessinger, Watts replied, “I felt like it was true.”

Throughout July, while Shanann and the kids visited family in North Carolina, Watts lived out a fantasy with Kessinger. “Every time I would open up my phone, I would see my wife and kids and think, ‘What are you doing?’ And every time I was with [Kessinger], I didn’t think. It was like a blinder was in my face,” Watts said.

Whenever Shanann called her husband, he was at Kessinger’s home. Indeed, Watts said he slept at Kessinger’s house that entire month. “I wish I had met her at work and just kept it that way,” Watts said.

[...]

With Kessinger, Watts felt “more in control” and that they had an equal partnership. “She actually asked my opinion on a lot of things, what I wanted to do,” Watts continued. “I was just kind of like… OK.” It was “very new” for him, he said.

“Anything new feels better than the old,” Watts told police.

[...]

“I feel like it was just an anger with Shanann, with everything, that I was just taking it out on everybody that was in front of me that morning,” Watts said.

But when an investigator asked, “What were you so angry with Shanann about?” Watts didn’t have an exact answer. “Nothing that makes anybody want to do this,” he said. “You can be angry at your spouse your whole life, but you should never do anything like this.”

“I’d never been angry before, and this was like the epitome of being angry… the epitome of losing your mind.”

[...]

“[Nikki] had her moments where I had to talk her off a ledge,” Watts said, adding, “She would get worked up about nothing.”

Shanann called Watts 10 times on the morning of July 4, while he was staying at Kessinger’s home. Shanann was angry because she couldn’t get ahold of her husband. So Watts rushed home to speak with his wife, and connected with Kessinger later. Kessinger said she “realized she’d always be second fiddle,” Watts said.

[...]

Kessinger didn’t know Shanann was pregnant. According to Watts, his mistress once told him, “I’d like to give you a son.”

[...]

On Aug. 14, Kessinger seemed to suspect something was amiss. She began asking odd questions that only he knew the answers to—such as his dog’s name and the name of his yoga studio—so she could confirm it was really him on the phone. That day, she’d also met with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, unbeknownst to him.

“This is the last time you’ll probably hear from me,” Kessinger told him. “I’m going to stay at my friend’s place while this is going on.”

“She told me to delete everything. I didn’t delete everything. I’m not sure why I didn’t delete everything but it probably helped you guys out,” Watts told the investigators.

[...]

In prison, Watts sees a therapist once a month. He’s declined all psych meds, while most people on his unit take them. “You don’t take anything?” one investigator asked. “No,” Watts replied, adding that he’s on a special management unit away from the general population. “They just keep me in there until the security adviser says I can get moved to GP down the hall.”

[...]

“I’ve always had a really crazy imagination,” Watts said. He said he once convinced an elementary school teacher that he’d gone to China one summer vacation. “She actually believed it. I was really convincing,” Watts added.

[...]

“It’s just weird how emotions process differently for me than everyone else …. The process is different for me. I never knew why, never know why.”

Watts added, “I don’t want to think I’m a cold-hearted person. I just don’t show emotion as much as other people do.”

Police asked if the murders were a result of him bottling things up for so long.

“Definitely,” Watts replied.

[...]
I’d like to say that all of the month long romance......they were both in the “ representative “ stage. It’s all good in the beginning.
Plus.... I’m inclined not to believe much if anything this monster says.

MAR 9, 2019
Chris Watts reveals his distraught dad developed a 'cocaine' addiction after he wed wife Shanann | Daily Mail Online
Chris Watts opened up about his childhood and the strained relationship between his parents and wife Shanann while speaking with authorities from prison last month.

[...]

He told investigators that his parents, Cindy and Ronnie Watts, encouraged him argue he was a victim of emotional and mental abuse when the case went to trial, though it is unclear if they still believed their son’s claim that it was Shanann who killed daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, at that time.

And Watts also revealed that his parents had their own struggles as well, noting that his father was at one point addicted to a ‘white powdery substance.’

That substance was 'possibly cocaine' according to the report, and Watts said it did not bother him as much as he imagined it might at the time.

[...]
'His mother initially believed his father was having an affair because he couldn’t account for missing money,' the report goes on state.

[...]

Watts admitted that his parents and Shanann were never close, and acknowledged that Shanann’s belief that her mother-in-law thought she was not ‘good enough’ to marry her son was likely accurate.

He also confirmed much of the information that was laid out in a hand-written declaration that Shanann’s mother had submitted to investigators and texts sent by his late wife.

[...]

The tension between Shanann and her in-laws reached a boiling point while she was in North Carolina for four weeks without Chris, who was working and enjoying time with his mistress back in Colorado.

[...]

'They should've swallowed whatever they needed to and came to Cece's Birthday Party and called her and shouldn't have blocked all social media contact with them. I don't care what they do with us, just as long as they love and respect the kids. l'm not use to not having a relationship with my dad. I should've just called him before it got to this point where it got in my head I didn't and that's my fault.'

There was a different version of events however from what one Watts' friends told investigators.

He said that Cindy called him crying after her fight with Shanann and that Watts told him not to worry because he was done with Shanann.

That friend also said that Watts and his mother were 'sweet hearted people.'

MAR 9, 2019
Chris Watts Reveals Why He Blamed Daughters' Murders on Pregnant Wife
Convicted murderer Chris Watts said he blamed his pregnant wife for the Aug. 13, 2018 murder of their two young daughters because he thought his family would believe it.

[...]

“I knew they would probably believe it… because my mom and my sister just never really liked Shanann,” he said.

[...]

Watts’s family has not reacted to the new information but the family of Shanann Watts said that the new information was startling.

“It’s worse than we ever thought,” Frankie Rzucek, her father, told Dr. Phil. “We thought we’d heard the worst already, we had no idea it was worse than this.”

“I cry all the time. There’s many times that I feel like giving up. If it wasn’t for God, I wouldn’t be here,” Sandra Rzucek, her mother, added.

shanann-fb-615x657.jpg
girl.jpg

MAR 11, 2019
‘I Felt My Daughter’s Spirit The Moment She Died,’ Says Mom Of Colorado Murder Victim, Shan’ann Watts | Dr. Phil
“I felt my daughter’s spirit, the moment she died,” says Shan’ann’s mother, Sandy Rzucek, who lives in North Carolina. She describes waking up everyone in her house the morning her daughter and grandchildren were killed to tell family members that she felt something was wrong with Shan’ann.

“We didn’t even know she was missing yet,” says Shan’ann’s brother, Frankie, confirming his mother’s account.

VIDEO: Dr. Phil

MAR 11, 2019
‘I Think The Hardest Part Is Knowing Our Granddaughter Watched Her Sister Die,’ Says Mother-In-Law To Confessed Killer Chris Watts | Dr. Phil
“I think the hardest part is knowing our granddaughter watched her sister die and then begged for her life,” says Shan’ann’s mother, Sandy Rzucek, reacting to what the family has been told about her son-in-law’s description of the last words spoken to him by Bella.

Shan’ann Watts’ Mother: ‘I Want To Be On A Mission To Hug Every Woman That’s Missed A Child’ | Dr. Phil
“They wanted to live. They had a right to live, and they had beautiful lives,” says Shan’ann’s mother, Sandy Rzucek.

“I want to be on a mission to hug every woman that’s missed a child,” says Sandy, who asks Dr. Phil to help her achieve her goal of comforting other mothers who have experienced the loss of a missing or murdered child.

‘It’s Worse Than We Even Thought,’ Says Murder Victim Shan’ann Watts’ Brother Of His Sister and Nieces’ Final Moments | Dr. Phil
“It’s worse than we even thought,” says Shan’ann’s brother, Frankie. “We were hoping it happened in her sleep.”

Last edited:
MAR 11, 2019
Life-After-Death: Did Spirits Of Shan’ann Watts And Her Daughters Visit Mom After Their Murders? | Dr. Phil
Shan’ann’s mother, Sandy Rzucek, lives in North Carolina. She claims that the morning her daughter and grandchildren were killed – before anyone knew they were missing – she woke up family members in her home to tell them that she felt something was wrong with Shan’ann.

After authorities found her daughter’s body, a few days after her and the girls’ disappearance, Sandy says she felt Shan’ann’s presence in her home. “I felt her, and I heard her say, ‘I love you, Mommy, and I’m sorry.’”

Sandy claims she received another visitation from Shan’ann and her children after Celeste and Bella’s bodies were recovered.

(Watch the video in the article to hear her describe the experience.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back