Media Thread - NO DISCUSSION

"Scheibe and her mother, Hope Mason, spoke with Local 6 on and off through text messages and phone calls over the past three weeks as they talked about participating in an on camera interview about Scheibe’s relationship with Zimmerman.

Just last Thursday, Mason was still seeking a national interview. But this time she was promising both George Zimmerman and Samantha Scheibe.

That interview never happened, and just four days later, Scheibe called 911 saying Zimmerman had threatened with a gun."

http://m.clickorlando.com/news/geor...-6/-/16721250/23057000/-/cn8pijz/-/index.html

George Zimmerman: When texts become news

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente...en-emails-become-news-20131120,0,2252808.post

........Sandoval had been talking to Scheibe and Mason almost every day for the past few weeks, and they wanted to talk frankly about Zimmerman, Hyvonen said.

"The interview was set up and put off, set up and put off," Hyvonen said. "We're sitting on newsworthy material."

WKMG's website presented the story with the headline "George Zimmerman's girlfriend speaks to Local 6." The story quotes Scheibe as describing Zimmerman "as alone, depressed and fascinated by guns in the days after his acquittal on charges in connection with the death of Trayvon Martin."

This passage from WKMG's online report stood out:

"Mason said Scheibe’s daughter received a text message from George Zimmerman. Mason said that message was a still image from an intimate home video of Scheibe and Zimmerman.".......more.......

George Zimmerman threatened suicide, put gun in mouth, downed pills after trial: girlfriend

George Zimmerman allegedly “spiraled” into a depression so deep after he was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin that he shoved a gun in his mouth and threatened to pull the trigger.

And this was after he downed a whole bottle of sleeping pills, his estranged girlfriend Samantha Scheibe says........

Scheibe, in a series of text messages and phone calls with an Orlando, Fla., television station, said she believes Zimmerman secretly enjoyed the attention when he was on trial and couldn’t handle a “normal existence” after the media
went away after his acquittal in July.......

The Justice Department will decide “relatively soon” whether it will file civil rights charges against Zimmerman in the fatal shooting of the 17-year-old Martin, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n-martin-case-article-1.1523733#ixzz2lEjx45Lc

George Zimmerman drops public defender, asks for return of knife & phones
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
10:54 am, November 25, 2013

"George Zimmerman, the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer acquitted of murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, will no longer be represented by a public defender in his new domestic violence case.

Zimmerman was represented by the 18th Judicial Circuit Public Defender's Office during his first appearance on Tuesday, the day after his domestic violence arrest. He was granted $9,000 bail and bonded out that day.

However, Zimmerman has now elected to drop the Public Defender's Office and hire Jayne Weintraub, a south Florida private criminal defense attorney, to represent him, according to his former public defender, Jeff Dowdy."

More...

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78327143/

Search in George Zimmerman case turns up weapons, ammunition
From John Couwels, CNN
November 25, 2013 -- Updated 2342 GMT (0742 HKT)

snip

"A search of the home turned up three handguns, a 12-gauge shotgun, a rifle and 106 rounds of ammunition, including two AR-15 magazines, according to a search warrant.

Three handgun holsters, a pack of gum, a religious pendant, a flashlight, a pocket knife, sanitizing wipe, a soft-sided gun case and a combination lock were also recovered during the search.

At the time of his arrest, Zimmerman had two cell phones. An affidavit, filed Monday, says he told authorities he recorded the altercation with his girlfriend on his cell phone."

More...

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/25/us/florida-george-zimmerman-evidence/index.html

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...orge-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-public-defender

Zimmerman to be represented by Jayne Weintraub, a south-Florida lawyer and legal commentator.

November 25, 2013|By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

Less than a week after he requested to be declared indigent, citing millions in debts, George Zimmerman swapped his public defender in his domestic violence case for a private attorney, his former lawyer confirmed.
~snip~
It's unclear how Zimmerman will afford private representation. In indigence paperwork last week, Zimmerman claimed to have $144, and owe $2.5 million in debt. Weintraub didn't return a call seeking comment.

Weintraub has appeared on the cable networks HLN and CNN as a legal commentator, including commentary on Zimmerman's high-profile murder case in the 2012 killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford.

Deputies: Zimmerman had multiple guns, planned to move to Texas

By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
8:06 am, November 26, 2013

snips

"A search warrant made public today shows that he had the weapon that his then-live-in girlfriend said he had used to threaten her: a high-capacity, high-tech 12-gauge shotgun."

"According to the search warrant, Zimmerman talked to deputies after he was taken into custody. He told them that he and Scheibe had lived together since Aug. 23, that she was pregnant with his child and that they had agreed earlier that day to separate.

He said his plan was to move to Texas, according to the warrant."

"He also told deputies that he had recorded the argument on his cell phone. Deputies seized two, a black Apple iPhone and a Blackberry.

But his claim of having recorded what happened does not mesh with paperwork filed by his lawyer last week. In it, Zimmerman asked for the return of both of those phones, alleging they had no evidence related to the case."

"In that case (Shellie Zimmerman), Zimmerman said he had no gun during the confrontation. Scheibe, who was outside in his truck, told police there were guns in the truck."

"According to Seminole County Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma, Scheibe told deputies that she is not pregnant."

More...

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/1229/article/p2p-78338270/

George Zimmerman’s $2.5 million debt is entirely in legal fees

......Freedom doesn't come for free, something George Zimmerman is, incredibly, still learning.

The $2.5 million debt the broke and embattled 30-year-old owes is strictly in legal fees, his defense attorneys in Florida have revealed.......

Zimmerman's lead attorneys, Mark O'Mara and Don West, originally offered him their services at no cost but say they notified him of their intent to collect their fees two months ago, O'Mara told the Orlando Sentinel.

The change of heart follows Zimmerman and his family's efforts to raise funds online.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...bt-legal-fees-article-1.1532347#ixzz2m5UQcq5U

Shellie Zimmerman, Mark O'Mara settle lawsuit with bodyguards
CMR Associates had accused the Zimmermans and O'Mara of failing to pay for $27,000 worth of protection.
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
1:45 p.m. EST, December 2, 2013

"The bodyguard company that sued George Zimmerman and Mark O'Mara, saying they had failed to pay for $27,000 worth of protection, has settled the case."

"CMR executive Chris Rumbaugh today said O'Mara and Shellie Zimmerman settled by paying a combined $30,000."

"He said George Zimmerman refused to settle but that he had no plans to continue legal action against the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer."

More...

At the same link, a video about the guns and ammunition that were found in the home that George Zimmerman was sharing with his girlfriend. Includes info on the weapon that George allegedly broke the table with.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78489263/

"I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to the police... George never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner," she says.

She says that she was "intimidated" by Seminole County deputies and adds that she is not "afraid of George in any manner" and wants to be with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attorneys consider options against George Zimmerman

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/attorneys-consider-options-against-george-zimmerman

......It's not uncommon in domestic violence cases for the alleged victims to change their minds about pursuing charges, said Blaine McChesney, a former prosecutor in Orlando who now is a defense attorney.

"The feelings of love and compassion overcome any feelings the victim had," McChesney said Tuesday.

Although prosecutors can move ahead without the cooperation of the victim, it makes it difficult to convict if there is no physical evidence of injuries, he said.......

However, in Zimmerman's case, Scheibe provided a real-time account of what was happening on a 911 call.

"You point your gun at my fricking face," Samantha Scheibe is heard telling Zimmerman on the 911 call. "Get out of my house. Do not push me out of my house. Please get out of my house."........

Some victims refuse to cooperate believing the person who assaulted them will wind up in prison, said Carol Wick, chief executive of Harbor House of Central Florida, which offers shelter and programs to victims of domestic violence.

In reality, the courts offer alternatives to prison such as mandatory therapy and anger management classes. In metro Orlando, where more than half of the cases that end up being dropped are due to victims unwilling to testify, police are starting a program that tries to get victims in touch with counselors within 24 hours of a reported assault.

"People don't understand the psychological manipulation that goes on when this happens," Wick said..........

Zimmerman released.

"After prosecutors filed paperwork declining to file charges, Zimmerman was released from his court-ordered bond conditions. That means he'll no longer have to stay away from Scheibe, or wear a GPS device."

George Zimmerman made a painting; bidding on EBay nears $100,000
Los Angeles Times
By Matt Pearce This post has been updated. See the note below for details.
December 17, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

"The rumors are true: George Zimmerman is a painter now.

And his first creation, which was listed on EBay this week, has sparked a bidding war that has pushed its price up from a starting point of $0.99 to almost $100,000 as of Tuesday morning. It's a blue American flag featuring part of the Pledge of Allegiance.

"Everyone has been asking what I have been doing with myself," the EBay posting from user therealgeorgez reads. "I found a creative, way to express myself, my emotions and the symbols that represent my experiences. My art work allows me to reflect, providing a therapeutic outlet and allows me to remain indoors :)""

More...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...g-ebay-20131217,0,1342850.story#ixzz2nnOa26mx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back