Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Mountford

Reaction score
I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all!
I'm brand new to the site. I'm an 18 year old college student majoring in biochemistry/ pre-med and minoring in Korean studies. Anybody know of a case where I could be helpful?
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I am currently studying a biomedical major and forensics minor. Crime has always been my number interest since I was a child and I would often say I wanted to be a "murder scientist" when I grow up. I am from down under and enjoy reading about cases from my state .The cases I am most fascinated with currently (changes often ahaha) are: Bryce Laspisa, Iveta Mitchell, The mission's Panama tourists, Phoebe Handsjuk and the West Memphis three. Cant wait to dive deep into this sight an hopefully be apart of great carriages of justice and closure.

Hello everyone. My name is Angie, I’m a mom of 3 kids. I am divorced but I am engaged to be married again. I’ve been obsessed with murder and crime since I could remember. The case that stuck with me since I was a child was the Timmy Wiltsey case. I am from NJ and he was only a few years younger than me. His mother had told everyone he was kidnapped and then they found his body in a nearby town. She was always the prime suspect and after 30 years of her trying to get away with it, the great garden state brought her back here and convicted her of his murder. I have read and seen more than I’d like to admit about this case and I feel a lot is missing. If anyone has any info and wants to discuss I’m here. I’m also very interested in what’s been going on in fort Hood as well as any investigations involving missing children and adults that have been unsolved and are under mysterious circumstances. I’m also into
Murder podcasts and have only found them in the last years and I listen to several epsiodes from different podcasts a day!

There are people of all backgrounds here. Many nationalities, ages, and professions are represented on WS. Everyone has their own unique perspective based on that. I think you will find interactions on here to be respectful and civil regardless of your age or life experience. Happy sleuthing ;)

Hey all!
I'm brand new to the site. I'm an 18 year old college student majoring in biochemistry/ pre-med and minoring in Korean studies. Anybody know of a case where I could be helpful?
Thanks!

IMHO the cases that really need 'help' are cold cases and the unidentified! They're the most likely where posters here can really potentially make a difference because just having any eyes look at the case can really help.

Hi. Well, I am a newbie from Canada so I'm hoping to find people who live in the province of Ontario. My interest here is to hopefully find more information on an old, open case from Cochrane, Ontario. A murder happened in 1947 and still there are family, neighbors, friends and others who are very much interested and still trying to find answers on this homicide. As for my own personal information, I don't share that much online. I'm not new to online resources for this case and I have a couple of Facebook pages dedicated to the case <modsnip>

Cheers, all.

Hello, I am very new at this and have to learn to navigate my way around. I am from Ontario as well. How do I find out information on cases?

I am also new. The Killing Season series introduced me to webslueths and now the book I'm reading, Pretty Little Killers, also mentioned this group. I'm wondering how many times I've heard/read about websleuths before and never put it together that "anyone" can join Anyway, I'm an avid true crime junkie, like all of you, but an amateur at "sleuthing". Excited to be a part of this community!

heyo, i'm hana, i'm 24 years old, and i'm incredibly interested in true crime. i read a lot about it, and watch whatever documentaries i can (recommendations always welcome!!!)
i'm really interested in the Rey Rivera case right now, but i'm always interested in new mysteries!
excited and happy to be here. <3

Hi, I'm new here and been interested in joining for years and finally decided to dip my feet in. I'm a big fan of documentaries, podcasts, books, and specifically forensic files. I'm not interested in any case specifically, though a video on LISK reminded me of WS, but I'm interested in learning more and maybe helping if I can.

Hi Web Sleuthers,

After many years in television development and following this wonderful forum from afar, I have taken the plunge and decided to move forward with a documentary about the world of web sleuthing.

I know many of you have worked tirelessly to solve cold cases on this forum by means of sharing information, etc, and I would love to hear some of your stories if you feel so inclined.

I've pitched this idea many times to the network executives at Discovery ID and other true crime production companies and most of them have rejected the idea because they were afraid that it would offend the law enforcement entities that we rely on to gain access to materials needed for the making of their shows.

Therefore I've decided to take this up on my own time as I believe its an incredibly interesting world that deserves some attention. If you are interested in the project or would like to be involved I'd love to speak with you.

My email is 11thStreetFilms@gmail.com

Kindly,
Judson

Hi, My name is Terri. I’m a new member; really looking forward to meeting you all. I’ve been interested in true crime for as long as I can remember. Big fan of shows like Forensic Files, Unsolved Mysteries, etc. I live in Missouri, USA, and I’ve been closely following crimes like Jon Benet Ramsey as well as crimes over seas like Madeline McCann. I’ve been a Pediatric Nurse in the ICU and Neonatal ICU for many, many years so crimes against children really break my heart. So, long story short, I’m glad to be here and look forward to talking with everyone

Hi new here but I've been a lurker for a few years everyone seems very respectful to each other Finally decided to become a member wich i'm very excited about. I'm a mum of 5 great kids and proud grandmother of 8. I'm not as smart as you guys but hope to add something useful now and then. Also I'm from Australia.

Hello. I am new here and have been a true crime person for quite some time. I learned of Websleuths via the Crawlspace podcast and an interview they did recently with John Lordan. I think my search for legit and sensitive true crime story handling and investigation has led me to the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong