Meet & Greet for New Members #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths (WS)! We're happy to have each of you join us. The best advice I can give to help you learn to navigate WS is to do what @gingersleuth89 is doing...browse and check things out. ;)

Your first stop, if you haven't been there yet, is to familiarize yourself with The Rules. Next you might want to stop by the Meet & Greet thread to introduce yourself and get to know other members. Forum Finesse is where you'll find discussions focused on how to use the forum and its features. You can read up on everything from how we talk around here (AKA WS Lingo) to using quotes and more. Be sure to stop by The Jury Room and The Parking Lot down in the Private Forums for tons of fun. This is the best place to relax and get to know other WS members. While you're browsing around on WS' homepage you can hover your cursor over most of the forum titles to get a brief description of what's going on in a particular forum's threads. There are usually quite informative pinned posts at the top of the list of threads once you enter a forum. From there it's simply a matter of finding what interests you and jumping in. :)

HTH! IYKWIM. LOL :D
Once again, welcome and enjoy yourselves!
Thanks for all of your help, appreciate it! :)

Just wanted to say im excited and thrilled to join this new group. I watch a series on Hulu about Abraham Shakespeare and I thought why not join the group.. a friend of mine from Wisconsin Ronald Henry has been missing for over a month now.. I was hoping with the help of this group we could narrow down what may have happened to him

Just wanted to say im excited and thrilled to join this new group. I watch a series on Hulu about Abraham Shakespeare and I thought why not join the group.. a friend of mine from Wisconsin Ronald Henry has been missing for over a month now.. I was hoping with the help of this group we could narrow down what may have happened to him

TashaG100, I am currently watching the same series. I hope you are able to get some answers about your friends location. <3​

Welcome to Websleuths!

I log in, click on New Posts (below the word Home,) and scroll until something interests me!

I right-click Conversations & Alerts (right edge) and open both in separate tabs to read.

You'll find what works for you!

Welcome to Websleuths!

I recommend clicking on New Posts in the upper left, and scrolling until you find something that interests you!

Just found out about this group. I have a friend who was found dead in a ditch in the Tacoma Washington area in 1986. The circumstances surrounding her death have never been determined. Pierce County Sheriff's Department who told me this is and active case within their Cold Case Homicide Unit however would give me no further information, nor would they tell me how they plan to proceed with her case. Is this group a place in which someone could help me figure out how to get some action on this case? Thank you!

Hello fellow Sherlocks,

Like all of you I am also a true crime junkie. After watching Web of Death, and realizing y’all are the ones who really cracked Shakespeare’s case, I decided I wanted to be around likeminded individuals.

As my name suggests, my career deals with ending trafficking and I believe this site has a focus (among many) that will allow me to do just that. After being a victim of trafficking and violent crime - many times - I’ve learned to notice the tiniest of details. I look forward to joining the hunt with everyone!

Hello! I'm a Rookie Armchair Investigator with an unsolved case from my city. It hits close to home, as it was a young man that my daughter was very good friends with. If anyone can lead me to a thread where I can get the attention of anyone who may be good at this and would be willing to virtually take me by the hand a little and show me the ropes, I would be so grateful. I deem myself to be pretty good at digging up information on the web, I've just never gotten involved in any actual crime related researching. This 2.5 year old case has recently been picked up by our local Crime Stoppers.
Thank you all and God bless you for the work you are doing to help bring peace and closure to families and loved ones of these victims.
~Meg

P.S. I was brought here by the first episode of Web of Death.

Hello fellow Sherlocks,

Like all of you I am also a true crime junkie. After watching Web of Death, and realizing y’all are the ones who really cracked Shakespeare’s case, I decided I wanted to be around likeminded individuals.

As my name suggests, my career deals with ending trafficking and I believe this site has a focus (among many) that will allow me to do just that. After being a victim of trafficking and violent crime - many times - I’ve learned to notice the tiniest of details. I look forward to joining the hunt with everyone!
Welcome to Ws!
Threads that may be of interest ..

Corinna Paige Slusser disappeared in 2017. Is she trapped in a sex-trafficking ring?

Hello! I'm a Rookie Armchair Investigator with an unsolved case from my city. It hits close to home, as it was a young man that my daughter was very good friends with. If anyone can lead me to a thread where I can get the attention of anyone who may be good at this and would be willing to virtually take me by the hand a little and show me the ropes, I would be so grateful. I deem myself to be pretty good at digging up information on the web, I've just never gotten involved in any actual crime related researching. This 2.5 year old case has recently been picked up by our local Crime Stoppers.
Thank you all and God bless you for the work you are doing to help bring peace and closure to families and loved ones of these victims.
~Meg

P.S. I was brought here by the first episode of Web of Death.
Welcome to Ws!
If you have a news link, a thread can be started to get the ball rolling.

Just watched documentary on Abraham Shakespeare. I remember this case, as I live in Sarasota, Fl.
Hi, I am new here as well. I have always been into crime documentaries and I have a solid head on my shoulders, so after watching that documentary, I knew I wanted to get on here to make a difference and potentially help solve more cases. I hope we both learn a lot on this website.

Welcome to Ws!
If you have a news link, a thread can be started to get the ball rolling.
Thank you, dotr! I appreciate the response!

Here are a couple of links related to the story that I mentioned. The young man's name was Ja'Len Deandre Lindsey. He was a 19 year old, recent high school graduate. It was a truly heartbreaking loss and I can't figure out why this case hasn't gone anywhere.

First, I would like to honor him by linking to his obituary:
Jalen Deandre Lindsey Obituary

Next, a news article with video attached from a year later of his mother at a gathering in his memory, hoping to bring more attention to the case:
‘We want justice for Ja’Len’: Memorial held to honor 1 year anniversary of 19-year-old’s murder

This article is from WOWO radio (the day of the shooting):
UPDATED: July 4th party turns deadly in Fort Wayne

The latest update to the case has been a Crime Stoppers short that I've only seen played on-air a hand full of times and, for some reason, I haven't been able to find a link to it. It has been said since the beginning that some of the friends were giving information to police. There were over 100 potential witnesses at the party that night. Someone knows something. I honestly have no idea where to start with something like this, but I am really interested in learning the ropes. My uncle was a detective for 25 years and I always admired him for that. He truly cared about each and every case that he was involved with. I'd like to thank anyone who is willing to give me a few pointers or just kind of lead me in a direction to get started.

P.S. Does anyone get nervous when they start sleuthing? :\

Thank you, dotr! I appreciate the response!

Here are a couple of links related to the story that I mentioned. The young man's name was Ja'Len Deandre Lindsey. He was a 19 year old, recent high school graduate. It was a truly heartbreaking loss and I can't figure out why this case hasn't gone anywhere.

First, I would like to honor him by linking to his obituary:
Jalen Deandre Lindsey Obituary

Next, a news article with video attached from a year later of his mother at a gathering in his memory, hoping to bring more attention to the case:
‘We want justice for Ja’Len’: Memorial held to honor 1 year anniversary of 19-year-old’s murder

This article is from WOWO radio (the day of the shooting):
UPDATED: July 4th party turns deadly in Fort Wayne

The latest update to the case has been a Crime Stoppers short that I've only seen played on-air a hand full of times and, for some reason, I haven't been able to find a link to it. It has been said since the beginning that some of the friends were giving information to police. There were over 100 potential witnesses at the party that night. Someone knows something. I honestly have no idea where to start with something like this, but I am really interested in learning the ropes. My uncle was a detective for 25 years and I always admired him for that. He truly cared about each and every case that he was involved with. I'd like to thank anyone who is willing to give me a few pointers or just kind of lead me in a direction to get started.

P.S. Does anyone get nervous when they start sleuthing? :\
Started the thread, hope it gets some traction!
Many might get a bit nervous 'sleuthing'' but as long as you stick to what is posted in main stream news, you will be fine!
Just remember if you do have a comment/opinion, just make sure that it is included in your post ie add something like imo, moo, (In my opinion, my own opinion) because it separates known facts from theories.

Ws thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member