Meet & Greet for New Members #3

Hi All,

New here! I am based in London, UK. I have been interested in genealogy since I was very young,and I have successfully researched my own family tree bfor12 generations! I also have work experience identifying global company fees and annual accounts. I heard about this website by watching Web of Death on Disney+ and thought I could use my skills to help!

Please do let me know if you know where I can help and if there are any cases that you would like me to be involved with.

HD

Hello all. I am Dan from Ireland. Pretty much all I do like many I guess is watch true crime. I read endless books again am sure like most. Recently I've enjoyed using my voice more and exploring new cases and even old ones that I thought I'd finished with. Thanks all.

Fellow Websleuths,

G'day from Dangar Island, Australia.
I would just like some help with a local case I'm obsessed with, Harry Jacobsen who disappeared 2nd August 1929.
Yes, it's nearly a century old! In a nutshell, the case was closed with the police determining after 3 days Harry drowned.
However, this was 100% a homicide, even though a body has never been found. It was a media sensation at the time so lots of press.
I am President of the local Historical Society and have police witness statements etc in our archives as well as press links and oral history about the case.
I would dearly love some Websleuths' thoughts on this case, but I'm not exactly sure where to post it. I feel like it belongs in Cold Cases, even though it's closed... Do I post in Missing Persons, even though nobody is looking for him?
Please steer me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance,
DangarDave

Fellow Websleuths,

G'day from Dangar Island, Australia.
I would just like some help with a local case I'm obsessed with, Harry Jacobsen who disappeared 2nd August 1929.
Yes, it's nearly a century old! In a nutshell, the case was closed with the police determining after 3 days Harry drowned.
However, this was 100% a homicide, even though a body has never been found. It was a media sensation at the time so lots of press.
I am President of the local Historical Society and have police witness statements etc in our archives as well as press links and oral history about the case.
I would dearly love some Websleuths' thoughts on this case, but I'm not exactly sure where to post it. I feel like it belongs in Cold Cases, even though it's closed... Do I post in Missing Persons, even though nobody is looking for him?
Please steer me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance,
DangarDave
Welcome to Ws @DangarDave!
Did my best with what i could find to start a thread, hope the thread heading is accurate.

Hi All! Ive heard of this a few years ago and finally took the jump. I have a degree in Anthropology, some forensics, and criminology from too many years ago and currently been freelancing. I've been interested in true crime for a long time and hope to help out this community and those looking for answers. I'm from NJ and it's nice to meet everyone

Hi All! Ive heard of this a few years ago and finally took the jump. I have a degree in Anthropology, some forensics, and criminology from too many years ago and currently been freelancing. I've been interested in true crime for a long time and hope to help out this community and those looking for answers. I'm from NJ and it's nice to meet everyone

4 months deep here and my suggestion is to post a link if you are stating something as fact to prove it is fact or make sure it is known that it is just your opinion (JMO) or in your opinion (IMO) or any other way to make it clear it is speculation. My second suggestion is, try not to get caught up in one case, or you will be in the rabbit hole... forever :D

4 months deep here and my suggestion is to post a link if you are stating something as fact to prove it is fact or make sure it is known that it is just your opinion (JMO) or in your opinion (IMO) or any other way to make it clear it is speculation. My second suggestion is, try not to get caught up in one case, or you will be in the rabbit hole... forever :D
I've found that taking interest in a single case at a time allows me to focus on it and that makes it possible for me to learn more about the specifics of that case.

For instance I followed a case that involved the use of HRD dogs. That led me to research the training and use of these dogs in criminal cases. What I found was very enlightening.

Getting caught up in one case can also help a person to learn more about things that are relatable to other cases. Plus I've never had a problem moving on from one case to another.

So I disagree with your suggestion about getting caught up in one case. JMO.

I've found that taking interest in a single case at a time allows me to focus on it and that makes it possible for me to learn more about the specifics of that case.

For instance I followed a case that involved the use of HRD dogs. That led me to research the training and use of these dogs in criminal cases. What I found was very enlightening.

Getting caught up in one case can also help a person to learn more about things that are relatable to other cases. Plus I've never had a problem moving on from one case to another.

So I disagree with your suggestion about getting caught up in one case. JMO.
You are absolutely correct. I made my last comment in jest, hence the big grin face.
I was just being light-hearted :)

You are absolutely correct. I made my last comment in jest, hence the big grin face.
I was just being light-hearted :)
I noticed that.

I just wanted to make it clear to everyone that I feel focusing on one case at time is the way I like to do things most of the time on Websleuths. JMO.

Hi! I’m Phoebe and I am a photographer living in Downtown Dallas, Texas. I know the friends and families of several solved high profile murder cases. I also witnessed the ambush and heard the bullets that ended the lives of five Dallas Police Officers on July 8, 2018. True crime is fascinating until it becomes part of your life. Hoping to learn & heal and help others do the same.

Hello, I am Tilly from England. Would love to make friends here - feel free to reach out to me, I am very friendly! Would love to chat about all kinds of topics on this site. Also.. I can't figure out how to private message someone here, any help would be great, thanks, and look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hello, I am Tilly from England. Would love to make friends here - feel free to reach out to me, I am very friendly! Would love to chat about all kinds of topics on this site. Also.. I can't figure out how to private message someone here, any help would be great, thanks, and look forward to getting to know you all :)
Welcome to Ws @Tilly-Bear!
You might find some threads of interest within the UK forum to start out..
To private message someone, just press the ''start conversation'' located on the poster's name when you click it.

Ws threads..

Hi Everyone! I just joined the site a couple of minutes ago so am completely new. I'm a researcher, teacher and librarian though who has watched true crime since I was a child with my mum, so not really new to that; I was also a mentor to young offenders for a little while years ago. Based in Yorkshire in the UK.

I'm now disabled so have to ease back on work, hoping I can bring something useful to the party. I'm interested in whether serial killers can be stopped from killing before they start, or if they can be cured to avoid more victims. I know that's not a subject for everyone!

Hi Everyone! I just joined the site a couple of minutes ago so am completely new. I'm a researcher, teacher and librarian though who has watched true crime since I was a child with my mum, so not really new to that; I was also a mentor to young offenders for a little while years ago. Based in Yorkshire in the UK.

I'm now disabled so have to ease back on work, hoping I can bring something useful to the party. I'm interested in whether serial killers can be stopped from killing before they start, or if they can be cured to avoid more victims. I know that's not a subject for everyone!
Rbbm. (respectfully bolded by me)
Welcome to Ws Missmarbles86!
Can serial killers be stopped before they start? Great question and one that would be a subject of much interest to many right here on Ws!!
Many serial killers listed in the threads here..

Hello everyone, I've always been somewhat of a sleuth and decided to join the boards and hopefully get involved in trying to figure out some cases. I'm from Cusseta, Alabama and while much doesn't go on around here other than your occasional cow escaping or a chicken flying the coop, I can try to help with any online investigation. I'm not sure if that's what ya'll do around here but I'm hoping it is and that I can help.

I've just joined today and wanted to say hello to everyone!

I'm Laura, 31 from York, North Yorkshire, England and I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.

I am particularly interested in the Skylar Neese murder, Steven Avery, JonBenet Ramsey and Madeleine McCann if anyone would like to discuss these with me or share info and theories.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Thread #1
Tim Abernathy and I am from South Carolina but now reside in California. Ive been here since 1997 after the US Navy. Cannot say what I did in the Navy but have now found this site. Very interested in unsolved murders or missing people. Known someone that had a son disappear in Fla. back in 1984. Anyways lets see if this site really allows us to attempt to figure out what happened

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back