Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by gregjrichards, Mar 15, 2020.

1. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

This is the memorial thread for the people who have died from the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Please post your tributes and prayers for all the people who have tragically lost their lives here.

May they all Rest In Peace

6F664289-3DBC-45E7-AD76-012EE6372B30.gif

2. gregjrichards

3. gregjrichards

4. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

Thank you @gregjrichards This is what's most important, the loss of these precious lives.

5. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

For family & friends.

6. gregjrichards

55C17549-B575-45F9-B2D8-BF125A06D782.jpeg

Coronavirus: Paramedic, 47, one of Italy's youngest victims after dying in family home

Diego Bianco passed away yesterday at his house in Montello, northern Italy, where he lived with his wife and their eight-year-old son. He died even before the swab results arrived

Paramedic, 47, becomes one of Italy's youngest coronavirus victims after dying

May Diego Bianco Rest In Peace. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, son and loved ones.

7. CeeCeeCat

CeeCeeCat London, UK

Thank you for setting up this thread, @gregjrichards
    So important to remember those who pass on and the impact these losses will have on the family and friends of the bereaved.

8. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Stay Home, Save Lives

@gregjrichards Thank you for setting this us. In the end, it's the lives lost that matter.

9. gregjrichards

10. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

gregjrichards, thank you for providing the memorial thread. In Washington State, USA I wish the local news would do a memorial story on all our victims of the Coronavirus. This breaks my heart!

11. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

This bring tears to my eyes.

12. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

My church choir sang this, we probably didn't sound as beautiful as this ensemble. Yes, I am singing the second alto line at my desk....

Do not be afraid, for I will be with you, I have called you by your name, you are Mine!

13. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with everyone suffering due to this virus. Those who have it, those with loved ones with it, those in hospital, and those who have lost, or will lose, loved ones.

The medical staff and others who are now, or could soon be rushed off their feet caring for people and trying to give patients the best chance of survival.

People who are in self-isolation and feeling anxious and scared and lonely.

Everyone.

And as this goes on, let us remember that it's the virus we must focus on fighting...not each other.

14. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

John Brennan

A Bergen County horse trainer with several underlying medical conditions was New Jersey's first coronavirus death, state officials said Tuesday.

The 69-year-old man was identified as Little Ferry resident John Brennan, a horse trainer and mainstay in the paddock of Yonkers Raceway, according to several horse racing publications.

He was hospitalized at Hackensack University Medical Center last Friday, and had conditions that included emphysema, diabetes and hypertension, said state Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli. He suffered a heart attack Monday night and was revived, but died Tuesday morning after a second heart attack, Persichilli said. Brennan had not recently traveled outside the United States, she said.

The racetrack was closed Tuesday, according to Thoroughbred Daily News and Harness Racing Update, which identified Brennan as the New Jersey coronavirus

n a 2003 interview with The Record and NorthJersey.com, Brennan said he “practically lived” at Saratoga’s race track as a young man. He eventually followed his father into the steamfitter business. But it was short-lived.

His love for horses drew him back.

He became a trainer and when he had saved enough money, he began buying horses.

[​IMG]

Horse trainer from Little Ferry is first in NJ to die of coronavirus

Thank you @gregjrichards

15. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

Beautiful music and words, beautifully sung! Thank you for posting. perfect for listening to now, as I'm about to go to bed.

I'd love to get to sing this piece someday when my church choir and my community chorus are able to resume rehearsals and concerts.

Midgie2, PommyMommy, SpyBot and 9 others like this.
  16. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Rita Fusco-Jackson

A religious education teacher from Freehold has been identified as New Jersey’s second coronavirus death.

Rita Fusco-Jackson, who was in her 50s and lived in Freehold, died on Thursday, officials said this weekend. The Co-Catherdral of St. Robert Bellarmine, based in Freehold, confirmed her name Sunday afternoon.

Her death is connected to the death of John Brennan, a horse trainer who lived in Little Ferry. Brennan was the first New Jersey resident to die from COVID-19. Nationally, the coronavirus has killed 62 people.

State Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said one of Fusco-Jackson’s siblings is friends with Brennan, and the virus likely spread through a family gathering. Several other people at that gathering also tested positive for the virus, officials said.

Fusco-Jackson’s family was also involved in harness horse racing, and she was one of 11 children, an obituary for her father says. She was both a parishioner and a teacher in the church’s confirmation program, the church said.

“I ask that every member of the parish please remember the Fusco-Jackson family in their prayers as they deal with the loss of Rita and for all who have been impacted by COVID-19 here in the parish and throughout the nation,” the church said in a Facebook post.

Another family member of Fusco-Jackson’s is a fifth grade religious education teacher at the church during the Tuesday evening service, and two younger family members are students, the church said. All three are self-quarantined and were not in class this week, the church said.

New Jersey’s 2nd coronavirus death ID’ed as religious education teacher

17. gregjrichards

Midgie2, PommyMommy, Bits777 and 12 others like this.
  18. CeeCeeCat

CeeCeeCat London, UK

19. gregjrichards

20. gregjrichards

A95DF25B-D427-4171-822B-FF7B62131ED2.jpeg

Britain's youngest victim is named as father-of-two, 45, who had been diagnosed with motor neurone disease two years ago as Britain's death toll jumps by sixteen to 71 and infections soar by 407 to 1,950

Craig Ruston, 45, from Kettering, Northamptonshire, is understood to be the UK's youngest victim and had been diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2018.

His wife Sally wrote on Mr Ruston's blog today: 'My Amazing Craig passed away yesterday morning at 6.20am. We are truly heartbroken. Last Tuesday he was taken unwell and we have since spent the last 6 days in isolation.

Britain's youngest victim of coronavirus named as father-of-two, 45 | Daily Mail Online

May Craig Ruston Rest In Peace