Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

After testing positive on Christmas day, a Gloucester teenager succumbs to COVID-19

A Gloucester teenager has died from COVID-19 complications.

Kurt Ryan, 15 and a sophomore at Gloucester High School, died on Jan. 4

“I don’t know what to say, we’re in so much pain right now,” Tammy Ryan, Kurt’s mother, told WCVB. “It just feels like this should not have happened to him.”

It was Christmas Day that members of the Ryan family first tested positive for COVID-19. Kurt was taken to a doctor two days later; he had symptoms like that of the flu, according to the news station. They were initially told to give him either Tylenol or ibuprofen to help with his fever, before his condition worsened suddenly.

“As a truly kind, wildly funny, and lovable teenager, the hole that is left in the hearts of his friends and family is immeasurable,” the

Groton raises money, hangs ribbons for 7-year-old who died of COVID
More at link
The Groton community is mourning the devastating loss of Cassidy Baracka, a 7-year-old who died on Jan. 18 from COVID-19 complications.

As a dancer, singer, gymnast and Girl Scout, Cassidy was an artistic child, according to her obituary.

“She colored and drew rainbows on a daily basis and loved to make pictures for people to thank them or to brighten their day. It was very hard not to smile when you met or ran into Cassidy because she smiled all the time and told hilarious jokes. She was a kind, helpful and inclusive spirit. She was very inquisitive and smart with just the right amount of sass,” the obituary read.

“Cassidy was such a fun-loving, spirted young girl who always arrived at school with a big glowing smile, eager to start her days with friends and teachers. She touched so many lives with her big loving heart, contagious laugh, and remarkable sense of humor,” the center wrote. “We are all beyond heartbroken by this devastating loss, of such a beautiful young child. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to Cassidy’s family, friends, young classmates, and to all that knew her during this extremely difficult time.”

To honor Cassidy’s life, Country Kids is planting a tree and installing a “buddy bench” in her name.

“Cassidy was always a great friend to sit beside & turn to, and a tree planted will cherish her continued growth at a place where her roots have made such a profound, and permeant impact on all those that loved her so very much,” the center wrote.

Neighbors of the Baracka family have also started a ribbon campaign in Cassidy’s memory. Those participating are tying pink ribbons on their mailboxes and trees.

It won’t make the news but we lost my Father in law suddenly due to complications post COVID illness. He passed away at home. My MIL has moved in with us and will be staying permanently. She is thankful for the time she got to spend with him after he came home from the hospital. They were married for 50+ years.

It won’t make the news but we lost my Father in law suddenly due to complications post COVID illness. He passed away at home. My MIL has moved in with us and will be staying permanently. She is thankful for the time she got to spend with him after he came home from the hospital. They were married for 50+ years.
I'm so sorry @Tbone144
Please accept my deepest condolences. I'm so glad your MIL has you as a support during this very difficult time.

I’m so sorry to hear about your FIL. Prayers for you and your family.

It’s a blessing that your MIL has been welcomed into your home. Losing your husband after such a long marriage must be very difficult.

Groton raises money, hangs ribbons for 7-year-old who died of COVID
More at link
The Groton community is mourning the devastating loss of Cassidy Baracka, a 7-year-old who died on Jan. 18 from COVID-19 complications.

As a dancer, singer, gymnast and Girl Scout, Cassidy was an artistic child, according to her obituary.

This is terribly upsetting. Another article states CPS was contacted a week before the girl's death due to suspected child neglect, but CPS didn't ever bother to show up to investigate. Had they investigated, this sweet little girl may still be alive today.

So very, very sorry to hear this Tbone :(, but so glad you are all there for your mother-in-law. May she find comfort in those many, many years with her beloved husband and knowing that loving, caring family are beside her.

A woman meeting her great-grandchild in person for the first and only time. A 93-year-old cook staring down her dinner as it simmers on the stove. A man’s nose pressed up against a woman’s cheek, dancing under string lights with bright smiles. These are some of the moments captured by loved ones of those we’ve lost to Covid-19.

Covid-19 has claimed the lives of more than 1 million people in the United States since the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020 — a toll that has far exceeded early government estimates.

We asked our readers to share a photo of a loved one who died from the virus or a photo of anything that represents a memory of the time they shared — a book they loved, a text message, a park. Here’s what they sent us. Some of the submissions have been edited for space and clarity...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back