PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

'Mermaid Girl' Shiloh Pepin, 10, has died

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by shannon2008, Oct 24, 2009.

1. shannon2008

shannon2008 New Member

http://www.news24.com/Content/World...cf106c7/24-10-2009-08-25/US_mermaid_girl_dies

This is very sad. I saw her last month on Oprah and her story touched my heart because she was such a bright and tough little girl.

I am glad that she can rest in peace now, and no longer have to endure the pain and all the things that came with her condition.

2. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

I saw her on a TLC show about her.

She was such an 'old soul' with a beautiful spirit.

She can play now with the angels who went before her this week.

RIP Shiloh

3. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard, thank you for posting about Shiloh. :( I watched her special (on TLC or A & E) and she was such a positive, funny, lovely little girl. I hope that she's in a forest full of butterflies. God rest her lovely soul.

4. lindylou

lindylou Member

She touched a lot of lives. She was such a spunky little girl. My daughter and I watched her on Oprah and on the TLC special

5. Indianagirl

Indianagirl Active Member

I'm really stunned and saddened by this news. I just saw her on Oprah, I believe last month. She sure did have a lot of spunk and very positive outlook on life. Sending prayers to the family.

6. Dani_md

Dani_md New Member

How sad, I too watched the TLC special. My thoughts and prayers are with the family!

7. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Well-Known Member

I watched the show on TLC every so often. She was a spit fire for sure.

The last episode I saw had her at a camp with other children with disabilties. It was the 1st time she was away from her Mom & Dad for an extended period. She made friends, but did miss her mom and called her everyday, and at one point cried to come home -it was sad. The other children tried to help her through it, and hoped she returned next year.

God speed little Shiloh and go rest high on that mountain.

8. lillys

lillys Former Member

She sure was a spitfire. I imagine everyone who saw the TLC show fell in love with her. I'm saddened after hearing about her passing away. Rest forever in peace little mermaid.

9. PeteyGirl

PeteyGirl New Member

What a soul she is !! You will be missed Shiloh, watch over your parents and friends.

10. gaia227

gaia227 I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an

I just watched the TLC show about her a couple weeks ago and thought she would make it. She seemed quite healthy and strong. The article doesn't say why exactly she was hospitalized in the first place.

I kinda feel like I knew her after spending 2 hours watching the TLC specials. Very sad. Her parents loved her so much. I am sure they are just absolutely devastated.

11. gaia227

12. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

This makes me so sad. I had seen her on TLC as well. I thought she would live a lot longer than she did. I pray for peace for her parents and all that knew her and loved her.

13. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

I am so saddened by this. She was such a character. My heart goes out to all that love her.

14. eleven

eleven New Member

Totally shocked and saddened. After seeing all the shows about her, I absolutely adored her. That little girl radiated a lot of light....how sad.

15. mazajo

mazajo Member

Oh no :( I watched the TLC shows too and was so touched by Shiloh. My heart is breaking for her parents right now.

RIP Shiloh, you were amazing.

16. Luna_Myst

Luna_Myst Member

May our Dearest Shiloh R.I.P. I too met her through the TLC show and felt like I knew her. She was a brave special indavidual with an out look on life thru such obsticles that was and is amazing. Love, Light, and Blessings to her family and all who knew her Peace Shiloh.

17. Brwnigirl

Brwnigirl Former Member

Wow I just saw her on Oprah too. Was this covered on national news as I heard nothing about it?? Prayers to her family.

RIP little one.

18. gaia227

I did not see it on the TV news but it was on MSNBC's homepage and CNN's homepage too.

19. annmarie62

annmarie62 New Member

Awwww... God...... in many ways, this kid had it so rough all of her life, despite all the love and sttention from her parents. I always admired her spunk and spirit, if only I were capable of her rock-hard resolve...

20. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Anyone who saw Shiloh fell in love with her. Everyone who knew her through TV is feeling the sadness of the loss of this sweet soul.

I remember her father saying, "Of all the people in the world Shiloh has the most to complain about, the most to be angry about. But every day she wakes up and has a great attitude and loves life. If she can do this then I can be with her to help her the rest of her life." Not an exact quote but something like that.

This has always stayed with me. Shiloh did have every reason in the world to be angry and miserable. She never was.

For those who may not know Shiloh literally had what looked like on big flipper. Her legs and feet were fused together.

She had no vagina, no anus. All of her waste was collected through bags attached to the sides of her body. For the rest of her life she would need someone to change her bags twice a day ( I think.)

She had one ovary which the doctors thought might mean she would go through puberty.

She was so funny. And Smart. By Damn she knew what she wanted. LOL.

God Bless Shiloh and her family.