Found Deceased Mexico - Christine St-Onge, 41, Canadian tourist, travel companion found dead in Quebec, 4 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Laval woman missing in Mexico, travel companion found dead | CBC News

Quebec provincial police are asking for help finding a woman who went missing in Mexico and whose travel companion was found dead after he returned to Canada.

Christine St-Onge, 41, hasn't been heard from since Tuesday.

The male friend she travelled with to Mexico returned to Quebec, alone, on Dec. 5 and was found dead the next day. Provincial police said it was death by suicide.

Both left for Mexico on Nov. 29 and were originally scheduled to fly back to Quebec on Dec. 6.

upload_2018-12-11_1-35-2.jpeg

I speak French and read his comments on her FB page. He says in one comment that they had been dating for 3 months. I also found some of his friend's pages which are full of condolence messages. So, I think it is fair to say that he was her 'companion'.

hhhmmm, this is interesting. Of course, we are assuming the worst, and it's very possible that the worst happened.

I see that he came home a day early, but what about her? When was she last seen by anyone out in Mexico? Hotel staff should remember if they saw her- the maid would know if the bed was slept in, if her personal belongings are still there, etc. Did she break up with him after a fight, he was hurt and came home, and she stayed for a bit longer? When was the last time anyone from her family or friends heard from her? Did she post photos of them together on Instagram of their vacation? Does she have a cell phone, and if so, has it been found at a hotel? Was her purse and other personal belongings still at the hotel? Any usage of credit or debit cards after he left on the plane?

Of course, one would think that he came home early and committed suicide because perhaps he had a conscience about something he did to her and couldn't handle the guilt. Until we know more details about her last being seen and when, we're probably leaning towards him doing harm to her.

This comment, posted from cybervampire's link in the first post of the thread stood out to me:

When the man was found dead last week, an investigation was launched by provincial police, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Mexican authorities, Tremblay said.

So, he was found dead- by whom? Family member, friend? How did the police make the connection that he was traveling with her and came home a day early? Just going by that article, it does not appear that any of her family and friends reported her missing to the police- it was him being found dead of suicide that launched their own investigation. Am I the only one finding this odd?

I hope she is out there somewhere safe and sound.

He looks like a body builder to me. Steroids possible? IMO

This French article states that those close to Christine are in shock that there is no information on her disappearance. She worked as a travel agent for a company called 'Voyages Terre et Monde' and they had been staying at Secrets Los Cabos. She had been in touch with those close to her until Dec 4th.

Choc et incompréhension pour les proches de Christine St-Onge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back