Found Deceased Mexico - Jake & Callum Robinson,Jack Carter Rhoad 30’s, Australian, & Friend, surfing trip in the Baja California, 28 April 2024

The court heard she told investigators her former romantic partner had arrived at her house on Sunday and told her "I *advertiser censored***ed up three gringos".

The court heard she said, "what do you mean?" to which he replied, "I killed them".

Prosecutors alleged he then gave her a mobile phone and said "look what I got you", before taking her outside to show her the new tyres on her car that had been allegedly stolen from the trio's vehicle.

Charges against Jesús have not yet been upgraded to murder, but that is expected to happen in coming days.

Alleged details of attack on Australians Jake and Callum Robinson heard in Mexican court

In court, Ari, appearing as a prosecution witness, told authorities Jesus came home on April 27 and admitted he had killed the three men.

Ari said he then took her outside and showed her that her car had been fitted with tyres allegedly stolen from the trio's ute.

She said she fled to her mother's home with her son after learning about what happened. She was arrested by police later that day.

Ari told officers she was a victim of domestic violence and was willing to cooperate in their investigation.

The court heard she told investigators her former romantic partner had arrived at her house on Sunday and told her "I *advertiser censored***ed up three gringos".

The court heard she said, "what do you mean?" to which he replied, "I killed them".

Prosecutors alleged he then gave her a mobile phone and said "look what I got you", before taking her outside to show her the new tyres on her car that had been allegedly stolen from the trio's vehicle.

Charges against Jesús have not yet been upgraded to murder, but that is expected to happen in coming days.

Alleged details of attack on Australians Jake and Callum Robinson heard in Mexican court
The girlfriend is talking, trying to save her own neck. Not that she was involved in the murder but failed to come forward after. Now, she's claiming domestic abuse but look at this:

Other social media posts - shared as recently as May 1 - feature adoring references to her boyfriend including referring to him as her 'husband' and memes joking that she was the dominant partner in their relationship.

Ari, who has a four-year-old son, also frequently shares posts jokes about their life as bandits and her love for bad boys.

In late April, she shared a meme showing a person sitting in a car while being followed closely by police, alongside a laughing emoji.

A day later, she shared a photo of Al Pacino with Michelle Pfeiffer in a scene from iconic crime movie Scarface, with the blurb 'pretty girls don't hang out with handsome, they hang out with crazy people!'

She captioned the post 'Mi mero mole', which translates to 'this is my thing,' alongside a drooling and laughing emoji.

On May 1 - just four days after the alleged murders - she shared a meme of a man standing with his mouth agape staring at someone off camera, with the description: 'Me watching my buddy being slapped who said he was the boss in his relationship.'

'Me with El Kekas haha,' she wrote. 'I'm still telling him.'

And, she's into *rooster* fighting (animal abuse).

From BBC article : "The suspect, who can only be described under Mexican law by his first names, Jesús Gerardo, has been charged with "forced disappearance" and his girlfriend Ari Gisel..."

Why is she pictured and named and not the suspects?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this case make anyone else angry with the sheer senselessness of this whole situation?

EBM for wording.
Oh yes. Really, words fail me - the senseless killing - 3 guys just doing their own thing, not hurting anyone. Bringing some joy to the world.
(Unfortunately, like so many Websleuths cases.)

The "non-straight" responses of the authorities says a lot IMO.
In areas where solid, well-known law enforcement exists, the level of compliance with the regions' laws is IMO relatively high.

I get the impression that it wasn't seen as much of an issue, and it appears to have been "sort of" addressed only because Callum and Jake Robinson, and their friend Jack Carter Rhoad were "foreigners".

IIRC, even then, it seems that serious attention and searching was only given to the situation due to Callum and Jake's parents launching a massive social media campaign to locate them. All MOO

RIP Callum, Jake and Carter.

I get the impression that it wasn't seen as much of an issue, and it appears to have been "sort of" addressed only because Callum and Jake Robinson, and their friend Jack Carter Rhoad were "foreigners".

IIRC, even then, it seems that serious attention and searching was only given to the situation due to Callum and Jake's parents launching a massive social media campaign to locate them. All MOO

RIP Callum, Jake and Carter.
I believe the FBI got involved, as they are probably already operating in the area, and were able to track the crucial phone pings and supply information from English-speaking friends/social media about where they'd last been. Mexico doesn't have law enforcement capacity anything like the FBI, because they are a developing ie low income country.

JMO

The Sinaloa cartel is taking some credit for apprehending the perps: https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...o/news-story/43d7f321c59fa1bae1503a1e5912deed.

Obviously everything the cartel says should be taken with a big ol’ grain of salt, but I don’t find this to be too outrageous. I didn’t really think this would end up being a cartel killing - why draw the heat of both the US and Australia and have feds all up in their territory for what, a few Ute tires and some phones? That kind of thing is small potatoes for the cartel. I think the perps were just some low level wannabe gang bangers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back