Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http:// www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/20/all-inclusive-resorts-mexico-suspected-drugging-tourists/

Hm, I don't know how I messed up the link. Trying the link again in a new post since I guess it's too late to edit my last one. I give up if this one doesn't work. *

*Edited to add-- sorry, link doesn't seem to want to work. If interested, do a search for "Tourists to all-inclusive resorts in Mexico suspect they were given tainted alcohol."

I guess, 806mom and Lilibet, you may be right about JR's true intention for the letter to Corona, but like I said the attempt just makes me shake my head. Doesn't make him look good, to me.

"Injustice collector"--I've never heard that term, but YES ! I think that fits him. I learn so much from WS, lol.
BBM

Yes, we do learn a lot here! I first heard the term "injustice collector" on the WS thread on the shooting at Umpqua Community College here in Oregon a couple of years ago.

JR posted this poster again, saying that the investigation stalled as soon as Corona got involved. He says it's more than a coincidence. Unfortunately, the poster says Jenny has been missing a month and a half. If people are sharing this post, wouldn't it be a good idea to adjust that?

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/862181230623589/

He also posted a link to an article in a French publication about the group he was with awhile back. I think he met the writer on the caravan. It's in French and behind a paywall so I won't bother linking it.

Attachments

• IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 198
He added Corona to the hashtag?

And that picture of Corona bottles in a bucket makes it look like a party invitation. Couldn't he just use the Corona emblem?

Does he think corona is conspiring against him or something? Enough already with blaming corona.

Does he think corona is conspiring against him or something? Enough already with blaming corona.

I agree. Certainly not the right approach to gain assistance. The Mexico bashing in general is not helpful, and frankly unfair given the high risk scenario Jenny put herself in.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think he should be spending equal, if not more of his resources looking for Jenny back in Wenzhou. I think there is a good likelihood she ditched him and headed back home. It's just too coincidental she disappeared right before she was to meet up with him. That coupled with the fact she stopped communicating with him and would not give him her cell phone number says it all for me.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

I agree. Certainly not the right approach to gain assistance. The Mexico bashing in general is not helpful, and frankly unfair given the high risk scenario Jenny put herself in.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think he should be spending equal, if not more of his resources looking for Jenny back in Wenzhou. I think there is a good likelihood she ditched him and headed back home. It's just too coincidental she disappeared right before she was to meet up with him. That coupled with the fact she stopped communicating with him and would not give him her cell phone number says it all for me.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

I agree.

I think that it has been pretty obvious from the start of this case that JR is not mentally well, or thinking rationally. I think this case will still be the same in 10 years from now, if anybody is still paying attention to JR at that time.

JR is conducting phone harassment of Kugar. For those just joining us, Kugar is a large transportation company that owns the truck carrying Corona beer that Jenny is said to have hitched a ride with before she disappeared. The driver got upset and didn't finish the polygraph. Kugar is owned by the Garcia Kuri Group, which is said to be very powerful.

http://www.kugar.com.mx/quienes_somos_en.html

On Sunday 8/6 JR put out a call for people to call Kugar every day this week about Jenny, asking why they employ and support sex traffickers like the "suspect" JSR.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/866688350172877/

He needs at least 10 people to call...2-5 every day. He thanks those who have signed up. He is trying to get the owner's name (how about Garcia Kuri?). He asks people to pick days they can call and post it on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/866803556828023/

JR asks if anyone has called Kugar. One person relates her experience. She was told to come in person with her complaint. He wants them to get the message that they are not going away. He may visit Kugar in November. (Why would they even speak to him?) He calls what he is doing "harassment." Next week it's Corona's turn.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/867244166783962/

JR says he can tell Kugar is squirming. Really? How?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/867262766782102/

I wish I had good advice for JR, but it's too late for that. Too many burned bridges, I'm afraid. He is messing with very powerful people, so I hope he stays safe. As rosesfromangels has said many times, he needs to go to China and see if Jenny went home. It's a long shot, but so is what he's doing.

Oh geez. Thanks for always keeping us updated lilibet. This harassment campaign of his is a train wreck.

JR posted this poster again, saying that the investigation stalled as soon as Corona got involved. He says it's more than a coincidence. Unfortunately, the poster says Jenny has been missing a month and a half. If people are sharing this post, wouldn't it be a good idea to adjust that?

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/862181230623589/

He also posted a link to an article in a French publication about the group he was with awhile back. I think he met the writer on the caravan. It's in French and behind a paywall so I won't bother linking it.

Jeez :(.

I haven't checked in for a while, but haven't forgotten Jenny.

I know I sound like a broken record, but why oh why has her full (Chinese) name never been included on posters etc ? ...

ETA: looks like I might be able to get behind the paywall for the French article for €1, I'll try (I'm bilingual French/English).

Jeez :(.

I haven't checked in for a while, but haven't forgotten Jenny.

I know I sound like a broken record, but why oh why has her full (Chinese) name never been included on posters etc ? ...

ETA: looks like I might be able to get behind the paywall for the French article for €1, I'll try (I'm bilingual French/English).

:seeya: It's good to see you, sjm. I agree about her Chinese name. That would be the thorough thing to do. Thanks for trying to get the French article for us. That would be great!

:seeya: It's good to see you, sjm. I agree about her Chinese name. That would be the thorough thing to do. Thanks for trying to get the French article for us. That would be great!

I'm trying. The website has a particularly bad payment transaction system. Or it's borked at the moment. I've messaged both the journalist & the website.

I don't expect any revelations/new info.

More from JR on the Kugar campaign. CC reports that she was told by Kugar that "suspect" JSR no longer works there. On her next call she will ask when he stopped his employment. I can't imagine they would tell her.

Someone asked if he had contacted Jenny's family and the Chinese Embassy. He replied that of course he did, they were little or no help, then disappeared (assume he's talking about the Embassy, but maybe he means her family too?). This indicates to me that the Embassy and family have information and believe Jenny is OK. We know LE told them she was still traveling at that point last year, but their continued silence may indicate they've had contact with her and/or that she's returned to China. I certainly hope so!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/868091973365848/

More from JR on the Kugar campaign. CC reports that she was told by Kugar that "suspect" JSR no longer works there. On her next call she will ask when he stopped his employment. I can't imagine they would tell her.

Someone asked if he had contacted Jenny's family and the Chinese Embassy. He replied that of course he did, they were little or no help, then disappeared (assume he's talking about the Embassy, but maybe he means her family too?). This indicates to me that the Embassy and family have information and believe Jenny is OK. We know LE told them she was still traveling at that point last year, but their continued silence may indicate they've had contact with her and/or that she's returned to China. I certainly hope so!

Oh jeez. His immediate reaction kugar saying the "suspect" no longer works there is to accuse them of covering for him. I really wish JR would realize there isn't some international conspiracy against him.

I feel like it's time for his family or close friends to sit him down and talk some sense into him. Look, I cannot imagine how he feels, not knowing where his wife is... especially since the last known location for her was Mexico. However he needs to accept that 1) there is not a global conspiracy against him and 2) Jenny may have just decided she needed to run away from him. Even if she is not in China, I think it's pretty clear that before she disappeared, she needed to get away from him (for how long, none of us can know). I can't fathom leaving for a trip and not giving my husband my phone number. I can't say I blame her though. If the aggressive behavior he's exhibited during Jenny's disappearance is any indication how he is on a regular basis, the poor girl was probably overwhelmed and felt she had no way out. JMO

ETA- I hate to be so negative but it's hard not to with this case. I think that no matter where Jenny is, be it Mexico or China, alive or deceased, I do not think she and JR will ever reunite.

I wish that would be the case.

I don't know why and I don't want to get political, but there are only two ways I can think of that her family would have stopped. They know for certain Jenny is okay or the Chinese government told them to drop it. Could trade deals between two large countries really be put in that much danger because of one missing person? What other motivation would the government have?

I'm so sad that almost any possibility I can think of will result in no one ever knowing what became of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now the discussion turns to someone saying "suspect" JSR's FB page says he works for the State of Oaxaca government. Yes, that's exactly what it has said since the very first time we saw it last September, but to JR it's new info ("this is unbelievable) and he says it makes sense regarding corruption in Mexico. :pullhair:

He makes a sarcastic comment wondering if JSR works for missing persons. Not funny JR. :mad: And again, he can't find the page. Didn't he keep a link the last time someone showed him the page last fall? :banghead: It should be on the HFJ page still. Screenshot photos of the page are posted again (under name JMS) and good old CC reminds JR that it always said he worked for the government, although many misrepresent where they work. JR thought he still worked at Kugar. He's contacting his PI.

I despair. If JR can't keep track of the FB page of the man he thinks abducted his wife, he's hopeless. If he can't be bothered to confirm where the man works before he gets his friends to harass Kugar, he's hopeless. He's been hopeless since this began. Jenny, I'm so sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/868264613348584/

So now the discussion turns to someone saying "suspect" JSR's FB page says he works for the State of Oaxaca government. Yes, that's exactly what it has said since the very first time we saw it last September, but to JR it's new info ("this is unbelievable) and he says it makes sense regarding corruption in Mexico. :pullhair:

He makes a sarcastic comment wondering if JSR works for missing persons. Not funny JR. :mad: And again, he can't find the page. Didn't he keep a link the last time someone showed him the page last fall? :banghead: It should be on the HFJ page still. Screenshot photos of the page are posted again (under name JMS) and good old CC reminds JR that it always said he worked for the government, although many misrepresent where they work. JR thought he still worked at Kugar. He's contacting his PI.

I despair. If JR can't keep track of the FB page of the man he thinks abducted his wife, he's hopeless. If he can't be bothered to confirm where the man works before he gets his friends to harass Kugar, he's hopeless. He's been hopeless since this began. Jenny, I'm so sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/868264613348584/

At this point I am not even sure it's about finding Jenny anymore. I think he might just like the attention and an excuse to be angry.

At this point I am not even sure it's about finding Jenny anymore. I think he might just like the attention and an excuse to be angry.

Those were my thoughts from the beginning. He had so many opportunities to connect with people in Mexico whether they be friends of Jenny's or officials. I'm reminded of that guy she posed with in the picture (who I believe took her picture holding the Oaxaca sign). Never once did JR ever say he talked to this gentlemen nor have I seen this guy reach out to JR on the HFJ page.

The journalist who wrote the French article has very graciously sent me a copy.

First off: as I suspected, there is no information we didn't already know about Jenny, who is briefly mentioned.

The excellent article is a devastating and tragic read. And brings home how difficult and downright dangerous the search for the missing in Mexico is for families. Their bravery and tenacity amazes and humbles me.

I have asked for permission to share a translation of the brief section about Jenny, which I will do as soon as permission is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member