Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

I agree, and I think about the time he had with them alone in the car and the hotel room. What did they do? What did he say to them? <rsbm>

I have thought about this often. Chilling no matter how it happened. But I wonder if he was acting "normal" (however that looked on him) with them, and up until what point? What was he telling Kaleo, the three year old, that daddy was taking them to have fun? Was he feeding them, changing them, anything caring and paternal or had he shut down mentally preparing to carry out his task? What were the babies thinking when daddy carried them out to a field? How does a 10 month old and a three year old's brain even start to process what is happening to them? I can't imagine it was much more complex than pain and fear.

He thought his wife had "serpent DNA" but he is the one who has evil coursing through his veins.

He thought his wife had "serpent DNA" but he is the one who has evil coursing through his veins.
RSBM

Exactly.

I think that's a big part of the pathological psychology: an inner twisting inside out of everything.

Of course, he's a monster for wanting to kill his children, but his mind creates this fiction that they're the monsters, not him. But they're just little kids so, okay, his mind says: they're going to grow up to be monsters. And, it couldn't possibly be his monster DNA that's made them this way, so it must be his wife who contributed the monster DNA. Not only is he not a monster, he's the opposite, he's a hero.

To me, it's all too convenient as a theory constructed to avoid experiencing any guilt.

I agree, and I think about the time he had with them alone in the car and the hotel room. What did they do? What did he say to them? I would imagine the 3 year old wondered why Mommy wasn’t there too and the 10 month old baby certainly needs a lot of loving care. If he was so convinced that they were “monsters”, why didn’t he just kill them in the house instead of he going through all the trouble of taking them to a hotel in Tijuana, spending the night and then murder them the next day? I think he’s full of crap and was just unhappy with his life and didn’t want to be a Dad anymore. And the fact that he didn’t kill the very source of the “serpent blood”, his wife, is a bit curious too. IMO

I had wondered, if in fact in a delusional that turned into psychotic state, he was actually fleeing with the children to get away from the 'serpent'. Took them as far away as possible. Then at some point days later his frame of mind worsened to the point of a 'realization' that his children also had the serpent DNA and this was the only way to save the world. Perhaps the original plan was just to get away.

I agree, and I think about the time he had with them alone in the car and the hotel room. What did they do? What did he say to them? I would imagine the 3 year old wondered why Mommy wasn’t there too and the 10 month old baby certainly needs a lot of loving care. If he was so convinced that they were “monsters”, why didn’t he just kill them in the house instead of he going through all the trouble of taking them to a hotel in Tijuana, spending the night and then murder them the next day? I think he’s full of crap and was just unhappy with his life and didn’t want to be a Dad anymore. And the fact that he didn’t kill the very source of the “serpent blood”, his wife, is a bit curious too. IMO

I had wondered, if in fact in a delusional that turned into psychotic state, he was actually fleeing with the children to get away from the 'serpent'. Took them as far away as possible. Then at some point days later his frame of mind worsened to the point of a 'realization' that his children also had the serpent DNA and this was the only way to save the world. Perhaps the original plan was just to get away.

Tuesday, August 31st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am PT) –Mexico/CA - Kaleo Skye (3) & Roxy Rain (10 mos.) Coleman (reported missing Aug. 8, 2021, Santa Barbara & found on Aug. 9, 2021 by a farmworker in Rosarito, Mexico) - *Matthew Taylor Coleman (40) arrested (8/9/21 @ Mexican/US border in San Ysidro checkpoint) & charged (8/11/21) with “foreign murder of U.S. nationals”. Held without bond.
The arrest on Monday, 8/9/21 at 7am as he headed back into the U.S. came after the bodies of two children, a 3-year-old girl & 1-year-old boy, were found 8/9/21 Monday morning by a farmworker at a ranch near Rosarito, Mexico in Baja Calif. The girl had been stabbed 12 times & the boy was stabbed 17 times. A blood-stained wooden stake also was found. Mexican authorities discovered camera footage from the City Express Hotel in Rosarito (checked in Saturday 8/7/21) showing the children's father, who they believe to be Coleman, leaving the hotel around 3:00am, 8/9/21 Monday with the children. Cameras also showed him return alone around 6:00am. They lived in Santa Barbara, Calif. & were brought to Rosarito without the mother's consent. Police in Santa Barbara said Coleman’s wife had reported them missing on Saturday, 8/7/21 & said she was concerned for their well-being. Using a computer application, Coleman’s wife was able to determine that Coleman’s phone had been in Rosarito on Sunday afternoon. Coleman could face Mexican charges of aggravated murder where he can face between 60-120 years in prison. A Joint investigation is underway by the FBI in Los Angeles & San Diego, the U.S> Customs & Border Protection & the Santa Barbara Police Dept. & the Secretaría de Seguridad Pública Municipal de Rosarito.
According to a document filed in U.S. District Court, Coleman admitted to killing both children by shooting a "spear fishing gun" into their chests. He discarded the weapon & his bloody clothes off the side of the road in Tijuana & then began his return to the U.S.
Coleman allegedly told federal investigators that he believed his children were "growing into monsters" & he needed to kill them. He told investigators he was "enlightened" by QAnon & Illuminati conspiracy theories & he was receiving visions & signs. He told investigators he believed his wife was possessed with "serpent DNA" which she had passed onto their children. He said he knew what he was doing was wrong, but told investigators he was saving the world, according to the court documents.

8/11/21 Update: Coleman made his first appearance in U.S. District Court via video in downtown Los Angeles on August 11, 2021, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Coleman is being represented by Elena Rose Sadowsky of the Federal Public Defenders Office. On Sunday, they submitted a waiver of preliminary hearing to the court. A magistrate judge ordered Coleman to be held without bond & set his arraignment for 8/31/21. He remains in custody without bail. Coleman is being held in protective custody. He has been charged with two counts of foreign murder of United States nationals. A law enforcement says in its upcoming issue that the next step is for Coleman to be assessed by a psychiatrist to determine whether he is fit to stand trial. It's unclear when the psychological assessment will be conducted -- or whether the results will be publicly released.

Tuesday, August 31st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am PT) –Mexico/CA - Kaleo Skye (3) & Roxy Rain (10 mos.) Coleman (reported missing Aug. 8, 2021, Santa Barbara & found on Aug. 9, 2021 by a farmworker in Rosarito, Mexico) - *Matthew Taylor Coleman (40) arrested (8/9/21 @ Mexican/US border in San Ysidro checkpoint) & charged (8/11/21) with “foreign murder of U.S. nationals”. Held without bond.
The arrest on Monday, 8/9/21 at 7am as he headed back into the U.S. came after the bodies of two children, a 3-year-old girl & 1-year-old boy, were found 8/9/21 Monday morning by a farmworker at a ranch near Rosarito, Mexico in Baja Calif. The girl had been stabbed 12 times & the boy was stabbed 17 times. A blood-stained wooden stake also was found. Mexican authorities discovered camera footage from the City Express Hotel in Rosarito (checked in Saturday 8/7/21) showing the children's father, who they believe to be Coleman, leaving the hotel around 3:00am, 8/9/21 Monday with the children. Cameras also showed him return alone around 6:00am. They lived in Santa Barbara, Calif. & were brought to Rosarito without the mother's consent. Police in Santa Barbara said Coleman’s wife had reported them missing on Saturday, 8/7/21 & said she was concerned for their well-being. Using a computer application, Coleman’s wife was able to determine that Coleman’s phone had been in Rosarito on Sunday afternoon. Coleman could face Mexican charges of aggravated murder where he can face between 60-120 years in prison. A Joint investigation is underway by the FBI in Los Angeles & San Diego, the U.S> Customs & Border Protection & the Santa Barbara Police Dept. & the Secretaría de Seguridad Pública Municipal de Rosarito.
According to a document filed in U.S. District Court, Coleman admitted to killing both children by shooting a "spear fishing gun" into their chests. He discarded the weapon & his bloody clothes off the side of the road in Tijuana & then began his return to the U.S.
Coleman allegedly told federal investigators that he believed his children were "growing into monsters" & he needed to kill them. He told investigators he was "enlightened" by QAnon & Illuminati conspiracy theories & he was receiving visions & signs. He told investigators he believed his wife was possessed with "serpent DNA" which she had passed onto their children. He said he knew what he was doing was wrong, but told investigators he was saving the world, according to the court documents.

8/11/21 Update: Coleman made his first appearance in U.S. District Court via video in downtown Los Angeles on August 11, 2021, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Coleman is being represented by Elena Rose Sadowsky of the Federal Public Defenders Office. On Sunday, they submitted a waiver of preliminary hearing to the court. A magistrate judge ordered Coleman to be held without bond & set his arraignment for 8/31/21. He remains in custody without bail. Coleman is being held in protective custody. He has been charged with two counts of foreign murder of United States nationals. A law enforcement says in its upcoming issue that the next step is for Coleman to be assessed by a psychiatrist to determine whether he is fit to stand trial. It's unclear when the psychological assessment will be conducted -- or whether the results will be publicly released.
@Niner - it seems that you missed the posts I tagged you in that MC's arraignment was continued to Sept 9.

Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by US surf instructor dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021

IIRC, the location was not that far away from his home, just over the border and he stayed at a place that he was familiar with previously. So he knew where he was going and what he was going to do with his harpoon and exactly where to murder and hide his children’s dead bodies. IMO

The lizard reptilian conspiracy theories have been around for a long time, and several authors and groups have spouted it. Some people really believe it is real. His friend said MTC was gobbling up those conspiracy theories and using all his brain power on it.

Entertaining the idea that he really believed in the reptilian people, I have questions. What did he see in his wife or children that hinted they were such? What clue did he think he had that his wife carried "serpent DNA"? He was married to this woman for about 5-6 yrs. and was there at the birth of his children. What made him decide he had to kill the children or is he using conspiracy theories as an excuse? Psych evaluation hopefully will reveal the answers.

I saw from online searches ways to recognize or signs to tell if someone is of that reptilian nature. I must say the ways to recognize if someone is really a shape shifting reptilian type are very, very vague. What did he think were the signs he had to "save the world"? Did their "holograms flicker" or something because I've never seen that before.

Whatever he, an intelligent educated man, thought he figured out in the way of enlightenment led him to a prison cell. Whatever he saw in his wife and children he says forced him to "save the world". Why couldn't he just leave them, not kill them? He gave those reasons as the basis for him taking those innocent babies lives. Having such a hard time buying it.

The lizard reptilian conspiracy theories have been around for a long time, and several authors and groups have spouted it. Some people really believe it is real. His friend said MTC was gobbling up those conspiracy theories and using all his brain power on it.

Entertaining the idea that he really believed in the reptilian people, I have questions. What did he see in his wife or children that hinted they were such? What clue did he think he had that his wife carried "serpent DNA"? He was married to this woman for about 5-6 yrs. and was there at the birth of his children. What made him decide he had to kill the children or is he using conspiracy theories as an excuse? Psych evaluation hopefully will reveal the answers.

I saw from online searches ways to recognize or signs to tell if someone is of that reptilian nature. I must say the ways to recognize if someone is really a shape shifting reptilian type are very, very vague. What did he think were the signs he had to "save the world"? Did their "holograms flicker" or something because I've never seen that before.

Whatever he, an intelligent educated man, thought he figured out in the way of enlightenment led him to a prison cell. Whatever he saw in his wife and children he says forced him to "save the world". Why couldn't he just leave them, not kill them? He gave those reasons as the basis for him taking those innocent babies lives. Having such a hard time buying it.

Me too. Sometimes I think his three year old son was simply behaving like typical three year olds sometimes do, like “little monsters”, and perhaps the precious 10 month old baby was crying a lot from colic, gas, whatever. Even his wife may have been exhausted from sleepless nights and caring for two children, and complained to him about his sitting in front of his computer “gobbling up those conspiracy theories and using all of brain power on it”, instead of being a good father and husband by helping with the children. So naturally he blames it all on her “serpent DNA” and how she’s created these “monsters”. IMO

Five weeks before Matthew Taylor Coleman was arrested for allegedly killing his two children, he texted a friend saying he wanted to have more children.

The June 30 text messages, which PEOPLE has seen and which come from a phone registered to Coleman, discuss Coleman's religious faith and thoughts on fatherhood — and give no warning signs that the 40-year-old surf instructor might act out violently.

'I Trusted Him with My Kids': Parents of Matthew Coleman's Students React to His Arrest for Killing Children

I was reading tonight (at an unapproved source) and came across the idea that QAnon is actually...wait for it... AI.
c023.gif

Call it my opinion, since I can't link the source.
Just saying.

I saw an interview recently with a forensic psychiatrist and he spoke about how difficult it is to treat Anon conspiracy followers. It's like one step forward, 5 backwards for a very long time before they can stand in reality, again.

Seems many are seeking a way out now.

Former conspiracy theorists need empathy, expert says
I have a friend whose son in law is right into it. She told me just recently that her daughter, mother of two boys, said that she thinks he cares more about the conspiracy theories than her and the boys. Scary stuff.

I saw an interview recently with a forensic psychiatrist and he spoke about how difficult it is to treat Anon conspiracy followers. It's like one step forward, 5 backwards for a very long time before they can stand in reality, again.

Seems many are seeking a way out now.

Former conspiracy theorists need empathy, expert says
Seems Mr. Coleman has been doing a lot of reading lately.
IMO

This case reminds me so much of the Sophie Long case--hopefully it will not have the same outcome. Her father is into QAnon stuff and heavy into other conspiracy theories. He whipped up a social media frenzy a year ago by releasing an edited video that went viral and intimated Sophie had been SA'd by her mother's bf and and her mother. He made at least $250K in donations and had a FB group with over 200K people in it.

Long story short, it turned out to be parental alienation and he lost custody. He then kidnapped her and she hasn't been seen in almost 2 months.

TX - Sophie, 9, victim of sexual assault, forced to go back home, Lacy Lakeview, 31 Aug 2020

It would be interesting to see what investigators find he was reading and potentially posting online. I don't know if that content would ever be released, unless there is a trial, and even in that case, it won't be everything.

To know what exactly he read and compare it with what he has spoken about, to see how closely he was adhering to the material he was consuming or how much of his own interpretative spin he put on it.

To trace his browsing history back to the beginning of his exploration of these theories and how and when his descent unfolded.

I have a friend whose son in law is right into it. She told me just recently that her daughter, mother of two boys, said that she thinks he cares more about the conspiracy theories than her and the boys. Scary stuff.
Totally scary if this case is how it turns out. Hope you are able to share some insights with her and that she finds help on how to deal with "it".
Seems Mr. Coleman has been doing a lot of reading lately.
IMO
I know most of us have probably been online more since Covid isolation, and that lifestyles have changed and not everyone has ways to cope. Comparatively, MTC had more of a wholesome outlet living right at the beach, surfing and spear fishing, and being able to continue his surf school classes. I still don't know how they managed to afford that high rent and vehicles, but it sure looked like life was good. Not satisfied. All MOO here, he had always wanted more and more enlightenment, to be the special one God communicated with and all. Part of the problem might've been ego, and these conspiracy theories offered him the special opportunity to learn those inner secrets he craved so much. Just wondering if his pride and ego might've been his downfall. They say people fall down the rabbit hole, and it seems he really did. Of course, always special, he then had to save the world. I want to understand how this can happen. It's incredibly sad it went this far. JMO

"It's been a slow death": Loved ones describe cutting ties with parents, siblings over QAnon conspiracy theories - 60 Minutes Plus - CBS News

"One woman said she hadn't talked with her father for over a year after he inundated her with messages peddling conspiracy theories. Others said the COVID-19 pandemic gave way to new rifts over conspiracy theories about the virus or the vaccine."

"The different stories all had a similar theme: the devastation of families caused by QAnon."

[...]

"There's almost a lingo for what it is that you guys are experiencing," Segall told the group. "Q-siblings-- a Q-spouse, Q-parents. What does it mean to have Q-family?"

"To not have them," Wheeler said. "They are lost to us. And we are clinging for the idea of them without the Q."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back