Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

FruitTingles

Reaction score

Mexico investigates American woman's death as femicide, FBI opens probe.​

The FBI has opened a probe into the recent death of an American woman vacationing in Mexico, which is also being investigated by Mexican authorities as a femicide.

Shanquella Robinson, 25, of Charlotte, North Carolina, went to San Jose del Cabo, a resort city on the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, with six friends on Oct. 28. They stayed at a rental villa in Fundadores, an exclusive gated community with vacation homes and a private beach club, Robinson's parents told Charlotte ABC affiliate WSOC-TV in a recent interview.

The next day, Robinson's parents got a frantic telephone call from their daughter's friends saying she had died.

"They said she wasn't feeling well, that it was alcohol poisoning," Robinson's mother, Sallamondra Robinson, told WSOC-TV.

The Mexican Secretariat of Health's autopsy report and death certificate for Robinson, obtained by ABC News, lists her cause of death as "severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation" with no mention of alcohol. The document also states that the approximate time between injury and death was 15 minutes, while a box asking whether the death was "accidental or violent" was ticked "yes."

According to the document, which was dated Nov. 4, Robinson was found unconscious in the living room of a residence on Padre Kino Avenue in San Jose del Cabo on the afternoon of Oct. 29.

The State Attorney General's Office of Baja California Sur publicly confirmed the results of the autopsy in a statement on Thursday and announced that "an investigation was initiated for femicide," which is a form of gender-based violence.

337AE65B-C8A0-4339-9F90-5654A0B8C075.jpeg
A photo of Shanquella Robinson

** There is a video attached to this DM article that requires a graphic warning content **

"WARNING: Video contains violent / graphic content that may be upsetting to viewers"

Robinson, 25, was part of a group that traveled from Charlotte to Cabo on October 28 and rented out a villa to celebrate a friend's birthday.

The next day she was found dead.

Her friends told her mother she had died of alcohol poisoning, it has been reported.

But newly-released footage has revealed Robinson had been attacked — apparently by a woman on her trip — while she was naked in her bedroom.

A man, who appears to be filming the sickening assault, can be heard in the video taunting Robinson as he asks: 'Can you at least fight back?'

She attempts to get away from her attacker and replies 'no', before the woman slams her to the floor next to the bed.

The woman then punches and knees her in the head, before yelling at her victim to 'get up, I'm tired of the ****.'

A representative for Villa Linda 32, the property where the group was staying, told WJZY that the concierge contacted a doctor who attempted to revive Robinson.

She was declared dead at 3pm local time, reportedly about 15 minutes after she was beaten.

Robinson's mother, Salamondra Robinson, though, said Shanquella's friends had told her she died of alcohol poisoning.

She told Fox affiliate WJZY that she last spoke to her daughter moments after she had settled down for a meal with her friends.

They agreed to talk the next day, but she soon received a phone call from one of Shanquella's friends telling her that her daughter was sick and they were waiting for a doctor to arrive.

'They said she wasn't feeling well. She had alcohol poisoning,' Salamondra said. 'They couldn't get a pulse. Each one of the people that was there with her was telling different stories.'

'No one told the same story, so I never believed them anyway,' Salomondra said.

Last edited:
** There is a video attached to this DM article that requires a graphic warning content **

"WARNING: Video contains violent / graphic content that may be upsetting to viewers"

Robinson, 25, was part of a group that traveled from Charlotte to Cabo on October 28 and rented out a villa to celebrate a friend's birthday.

The next day she was found dead.

Her friends told her mother she had died of alcohol poisoning, it has been reported.

But newly-released footage has revealed Robinson had been attacked — apparently by a woman on her trip — while she was naked in her bedroom.

A man, who appears to be filming the sickening assault, can be heard in the video taunting Robinson as he asks: 'Can you at least fight back?'

She attempts to get away from her attacker and replies 'no', before the woman slams her to the floor next to the bed.

The woman then punches and knees her in the head, before yelling at her victim to 'get up, I'm tired of the ****.'

A representative for Villa Linda 32, the property where the group was staying, told WJZY that the concierge contacted a doctor who attempted to revive Robinson.

She was declared dead at 3pm local time, reportedly about 15 minutes after she was beaten.

Robinson's mother, Salamondra Robinson, though, said Shanquella's friends had told her she died of alcohol poisoning.

She told Fox affiliate WJZY that she last spoke to her daughter moments after she had settled down for a meal with her friends.

They agreed to talk the next day, but she soon received a phone call from one of Shanquella's friends telling her that her daughter was sick and they were waiting for a doctor to arrive.

'They said she wasn't feeling well. She had alcohol poisoning,' Salamondra said. 'They couldn't get a pulse. Each one of the people that was there with her was telling different stories.'

'No one told the same story, so I never believed them anyway,' Salomondra said.

I love when people record their crimes and post it to SM. The camera person probably thinks they are in the clear. IMO.

Mexico investigates American woman's death as femicide, FBI opens probe.​

The FBI has opened a probe into the recent death of an American woman vacationing in Mexico, which is also being investigated by Mexican authorities as a femicide.

Shanquella Robinson, 25, of Charlotte, North Carolina, went to San Jose del Cabo, a resort city on the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, with six friends on Oct. 28. They stayed at a rental villa in Fundadores, an exclusive gated community with vacation homes and a private beach club, Robinson's parents told Charlotte ABC affiliate WSOC-TV in a recent interview.

The next day, Robinson's parents got a frantic telephone call from their daughter's friends saying she had died.

"They said she wasn't feeling well, that it was alcohol poisoning," Robinson's mother, Sallamondra Robinson, told WSOC-TV.

The Mexican Secretariat of Health's autopsy report and death certificate for Robinson, obtained by ABC News, lists her cause of death as "severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation" with no mention of alcohol. The document also states that the approximate time between injury and death was 15 minutes, while a box asking whether the death was "accidental or violent" was ticked "yes."

According to the document, which was dated Nov. 4, Robinson was found unconscious in the living room of a residence on Padre Kino Avenue in San Jose del Cabo on the afternoon of Oct. 29.

The State Attorney General's Office of Baja California Sur publicly confirmed the results of the autopsy in a statement on Thursday and announced that "an investigation was initiated for femicide," which is a form of gender-based violence.

View attachment 380936
A photo of Shanquella Robinson
Thank you for starting this thread! I’ve been following this from day 1 and it’s just awful.

This is a horrific case. It doesn't sound like there's any real mystery who the perps. are. Thankfully they were stupid enough to videotape the crime. Hopefully they'll get prosecuted to the fullest extent.

I do find the extent that this is being investigated very interesting. I suspect that if this had happened in the U.S., we may not be hearing about it as much. It's possible that given it happened outside the U.S., the investigation is being handled differently!?

Last edited:
Who are the people that she traveled to Mexico with??? Do her parents know any of them? Of course I am not asking for names or initials.....I am wondering generically...old friends? new friends? work friends? mostly strangers?
One of them was her “best friend of 5 years”, and he’s the one heard telling her to fight back. He’s also the one who brought her luggage to her parents house, and lied to their faces saying she died of alcohol poisoning.

Interview with Shanquella’s mother, Salamondra, here:

One of them was her “best friend of 5 years”, and he’s the one heard telling her to fight back. He’s also the one who brought her luggage to her parents house, and lied to their faces saying she died of alcohol poisoning.

I am glad that article put "friends" in quotes.

With "friends" like those, you don't need enemies.

Would US LE be able to do anything officially here in the US since (I assume) the assaulters and victim are US citizens? But the assault and death occurred in Mexico? Or would Mexico have to decide to pursue a case and try to get the perps extradited to Mexico?

Would US LE be able to do anything officially here in the US since (I assume) the assaulters and victim are US citizens? But the assault and death occurred in Mexico? Or would Mexico have to decide to pursue a case and try to get the perps extradited to Mexico?
I’m really hoping an attorney here will chime in... I don’t want to speak out of turn. The FBI is involved, and there is an investigation in MX as well. No idea how this will all play out. There are several high profile cases involving international crimes committed by U.S. citizens, and it seems none of them end up the same.

Ugh, this made me cry. How horrific for Shanquella, probably thinking she was going to Mexico for fun and celebration. How terrible for her family as well. I will be in Mexico next week and will be thinking of this young lady, and hoping and praying that justice comes quickly. What horrible betrayal.

All JMO

The family might be liimited to civil court, a wrongful death suit?

@PrairieWind @gitana1 @Shamrock1 some of our attorneys.

I read, but skipped the videos.

RIP, Ms. Robinson, peace & comfort to your loved ones!

jmho ymmv lrr

The family might be liimited to civil court, a wrongful death suit?

@PrairieWind @gitana1 @Shamrock1 some of our attorneys.

I read, but skipped the videos.

RIP, Ms. Robinson, peace & comfort to your loved ones!

jmho ymmv lrr
A good friend, who specializes in international law mentioned civil suit as a possible recours. She also shared this:

They can be prosecuted in America for death of an American citizen abroad like in this case:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back