Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

It’s so incredibly sad to see this thread only have 11 pages even after all that was exposed since Shanquella was murdered based on how bizarre and upsetting this case is alone. Ugh - I hope we get updates on moves happening in the case because there’s no way this woman can have her justice fell through the cracks.. rip

Cabo is tourism based it is likely the attn did push this forward

Cabo is tourism based, tourism to Mexico took a major hit during COVID, and is recovering slower than expected.

This IMHO explains the initial passivity of MX, not wanting to attract attention to this case, especially since the circumstances were unclear. However, I hope that now MX prosecutes the woman accused. Mexico can ill afford US tourists traveling to it to commit crimes. All so-called “friends” are guilty of complicity, and maybe direct involvement in death. When I was watching both videos, I couldn’t shake off the impression of some kind of initiation ritual that was planned, but went astray; JMO. RIP, Shanquella.

Last edited:
The Mexican prosecutor probing the murder of American tourist Shanquella Robinson has asked the U.S. to help determine if there were accomplices in the crime – while the main suspect still hasn't been extradited.

** There is a video attached to this DM article that requires a graphic warning content **

"WARNING: Video contains violent / graphic content that may be upsetting to viewers"

Robinson, 25, was part of a group that traveled from Charlotte to Cabo on October 28 and rented out a villa to celebrate a friend's birthday.

The next day she was found dead.

Her friends told her mother she had died of alcohol poisoning, it has been reported.

But newly-released footage has revealed Robinson had been attacked — apparently by a woman on her trip — while she was naked in her bedroom.

A man, who appears to be filming the sickening assault, can be heard in the video taunting Robinson as he asks: 'Can you at least fight back?'

She attempts to get away from her attacker and replies 'no', before the woman slams her to the floor next to the bed.

The woman then punches and knees her in the head, before yelling at her victim to 'get up, I'm tired of the ****.'

A representative for Villa Linda 32, the property where the group was staying, told WJZY that the concierge contacted a doctor who attempted to revive Robinson.

She was declared dead at 3pm local time, reportedly about 15 minutes after she was beaten.

Robinson's mother, Salamondra Robinson, though, said Shanquella's friends had told her she died of alcohol poisoning.

She told Fox affiliate WJZY that she last spoke to her daughter moments after she had settled down for a meal with her friends.

They agreed to talk the next day, but she soon received a phone call from one of Shanquella's friends telling her that her daughter was sick and they were waiting for a doctor to arrive.

'They said she wasn't feeling well. She had alcohol poisoning,' Salamondra said. 'They couldn't get a pulse. Each one of the people that was there with her was telling different stories.'

'No one told the same story, so I never believed them anyway,' Salomondra said.

The attacker was wearing a mask, she tossed it off!!
Did anybody catch that?

It’s so incredibly sad to see this thread only have 11 pages even after all that was exposed since Shanquella was murdered based on how bizarre and upsetting this case is alone. Ugh - I hope we get updates on moves happening in the case because there’s no way this woman can have her justice fell through the cracks.. rip
It was so wrong.

Unfortunately, this is not surprising. I always thought the chances of this case being prosecuted at all were a long shot. The crime occurred in MX, and - unfortunately - the reality is that the MX government is honestly not going to care too much about an American tourist being killed by other American tourists. Also, they've got a lot of their own, internal horrible crime(s) to deal with.

So, unless this gets taken up & prosecuted by the U.S., I honestly don't see this going anywhere. That being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Again, I have the strong opinion that this crime was premediated & that the perps. intentionally committed the murder in MX - in order to avoid prosecution in the U.S.
Agreed.

18 January 2023
Mexican prosecutor: Shanquella Robinson murder investigation continues, potential accomplices being determined

The Mexican prosecutor probing the murder of American tourist Shanquella Robinson has asked the U.S. to help determine if there were accomplices in the crime – while the main suspect still hasn't been extradited.

Baja California Sur Attorney General Daniel de la Rosa Anaya made a rare public comment Friday, saying during a press conference that there is "no impunity" in the mysterious case from and that his office is working with U.S. authorities to order interviews for everyone involved, WSOC-TV reported.

"It is important to obtain the court order with regard to whoever is responsible for this, but also if there were any accomplices," Anaya said.

In late November, Anaya’s office announced that an arrest warrant has been issued for an unnamed U.S. citizen who was traveling with Robinson, a North Carolina resident, when she died in October.

"This case is fully clarified, we even have a court order, there is an arrest warrant issued for the crime of femicide to the detriment of the victim and against an alleged perpetrator, a friend of hers who is the direct aggressor," Anaya said at the time.

"We are carrying out all the pertinent procedures such as the Interpol alert and the request for extradition to the United States of America," Anaya added.

The identity of the female suspect has not been released.

Anaya said the Mexican government will be alerted if the suspect enters the country.

Since Anaya’s warrant announcement, authorities in both countries have remained tight-lipped about where the investigation stands. Legal experts have explained that securing extraditions and charges against U.S. citizens accused of crimes in Mexico can take time.

"People need to understand that this is not going to be a quick process," Yolanda Trotman, a North Carolina criminal defense attorney and former judge, told WSOC-TV. "The extradition process takes some time. There’s going to have to be a level of patience, I think, with people that want justice quickly and justice may not look like we’re used to."

I thought 'that can't be right' and went to check and unfortunately found that you are right
I would've thought this would be several threads in

It's in the video in the link by that poster.

Pretty horrific attack, and it looked like Shanquella wasn't even fighting back.
These people were supposed to be her "friends".
Despicable.
M00.

I saw the attack video - do you mean in that?

I thought 'that can't be right' and went to check and unfortunately found that you are right
I would've thought this would be several threads in
When I first came across the case back in early November, I was surprised to see it wasn’t already on WS when I searched for a thread for Shanquella. I really worry that there will never be the much deserved justice for Shanquella and her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back