AMBER ALERT Mexico - Shelbie Lynn Dwyer, 17, American, last seen in Sinaloa drug cartel turf, 31 Mar 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Mexican authorities have issued an “urgent” Amber Alert for a missing American teenager after she was last spotted on Sinaloa drug cartel turf nearly three weeks ago, according to reports.
Missing US teen Shelbie Lynn Dwyer.

Shelbie Lynn Dwyer, 17, was last seen in a stationery store and internet cafe on March 31 in Salvador Alvarado in the Mexican state of Sinaloa, one of the regions plagued by drug cartel violence, the Mexican news outlet El Milenio reported.

Authorities said Dwyer is 5 feet tall and has several distinctive tattoos, including doves and praying hands on her upper left arm, a rose on her right thumb, and the word “Bendita” — Spanish for “blessed” — on her lower right arm.

She also has a heart on her middle finger and the word “Muerdeme” — or “Bite me” — on her buttocks, the newspaper reported.

It is unclear if Dwyer was living in Mexico or was visiting.

There's no further information available on her - visiting, with family, runaway. . at 17 all could be a possibility. That area is not someplace I could see an American teen heading to on their own so I'm assuming she had family down there. I hope there's more information or a positive outcome here soon.

Shelbie Lynn Dwyer, a 17-year-old American, disappeared on March 31 in the municipality of Salvador Alvarado, Sinaloa. The State Prosecutor’s Office issued a search alert for the minor on Tuesday, establishing that the day her trail was lost, the young woman “could have been in the Curiosita cyber and stationery store, in Guamúchil, without any more information about her possible whereabouts. The Public Ministry considers that Lynn Dwyer “is at risk, since she may be the victim of the commission of a crime.”

Lynn Dwyer has a slim build, standing at 1.57 meters tall and her body is decorated with tattoos such as the word “blessed” on her right arm, the word “bite me” on her butt, a small heart on her left middle finger, or “doves.” and prayer hands on the upper left arm”, according to the search file of the Prosecutor’s Office.

Lynn Dwyer’s is not an exceptional disappearance. In recent months, the press throughout Mexico has reported similar cases of other American women, a problem that adds to the serious crisis of femicides and disappearances of Mexican women that already existed in the country.

The disappearance of Lynn Dwyer occurs in a context of diplomatic tensions between Mexico and the United States due to the insecurity crisis that is taking place south of the Rio Grande, triggered by the highly publicized disappearance of four US citizens last February in Tamaulipas. Two were found alive, two dead. The most radical wing of the US Republican Party used the event as gasoline to feed an old aspiration of the most conservative sectors: declare the drug cartels terrorist groups in order to carry out military operations on Mexican soil.

Last edited:

December 6, 2023

SEATTLE, Wash.-The FBI is now offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the return of Shelbie Lynn Dwyer, who has been missing since March 29.

Anyone with any information on Dwyer or her possible whereabouts should contact their local FBI Office, the American Embassy or submit a tip online.

More at link.

1702027536133.png

Curiosita cyber and stationery store in
Guamúchil seems to be this business:
Ciber y PapelerÃa Curiosita · Crescencio Corona 315-A, Col del Evora, 81460 Guamúchil, Sin., Mexico

Aren't there any media appeals from her family,
is she an orphan?
According to this NBC article she has family in Des Moines Washington where she left from and was in contact with them for several days after she left. She traveled by car to Tijuana and from there apparently took a plane to Culiacán, Sinaloa. Missing Washington teen believed to be in Mexico, FBI offers reward In my opinion this is likely drug related. The Sinaloa cartel, among the most-powerful drug-trafficking syndicates in the world is based in Culiacán, Sinaloa state It is NOT a place you'd travel willingly for a holiday. My gut feeling is her family is aware of that, hence their not being more public about her disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto
Back