GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of the community voiced their outrage at Oxford Community Schools over a proposal to open a medical and mental health clinic inside the high school in the same location as last November's school massacre and allow the general public in for its services.

In July, the board of education proposed locating the Honor Health Clinic inside classroom 249, a room that served as a teacher lounge and connects to the hallway where accused student guman Ethan Crumbley allegedly shot to death four students and injured seven other individuals.

At Tuesday's board meeting, Superintendent Ken Weaver announced the location would be changed to another spot inside Oxford High School and services from Honor Community Health would be limited to Oxford students, staff and families...

I hadn't seen this report until this morning.

Oxford High School alum Ava Swiss's "America's Got Talent" run is over.

Swiss performed live Tuesday but wasn't voted through by the audience to next month's finals.

"This isn’t the end," declared the Township of Oxford on its Facebook page about Swiss and her music. "It’s just the beginning."...

In one of the recent issues of New York magazine there was an absolutely fascinating article about the dynamics of the Crumbley family before and just after the massacre. Really gave me a new perspective on a few different aspects of the tragedy, including the way the community has reacted towards the mother (versus the way they have reacted towards the father) AND the extent to which the perpetrator was actively trying to solicit his parents' attention/"cry for help" in the months before he committed these murders. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have any sympathy for any of the Crumbleys, but this excellent piece of journalism definitely enhanced my understanding of the circumstances that led to the tragedy. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/oxford-school-shooting-ethan-crumbley-parents.html

TIP:

Was able to bypass pay wall by clicking on reading view.
In one of the recent issues of New York magazine there was an absolutely fascinating article about the dynamics of the Crumbley family before and just after the massacre. Really gave me a new perspective on a few different aspects of the tragedy, including the way the community has reacted towards the mother (versus the way they have reacted towards the father) AND the extent to which the perpetrator was actively trying to solicit his parents' attention/"cry for help" in the months before he committed these murders. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have any sympathy for any of the Crumbleys, but this excellent piece of journalism definitely enhanced my understanding of the circumstances that led to the tragedy. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/oxford-school-shooting-ethan-crumbley-parents.html

Wow. Thank you for sharing this article. A member of my family is a high schooler at OHS and was there that terrible day. Absolutely devastating. Reading the background of what led to this incident is just….incredible, in the worst way. So many signs. So incredibly sorry to all those families and students suffering.

Wow. Thank you for sharing this article. A member of my family is a high schooler at OHS and was there that terrible day. Absolutely devastating. Reading the background of what led to this incident is just….incredible, in the worst way. So many signs. So incredibly sorry to all those families and students suffering.
The article fails to cover some things equally significant IMO: Ethan was neglected as a young child, according to a neighbor. He was left alone at home for many evenings and would turn to this neighbor when he got scared.

The gross negligence of his emotional well-being may have extended across his whole young life. I think a deeper forensic search into his school record and his parents' neglect would tell us more.

"Kayla LeMieux, who lives near Ethan and his parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, said she alerted child-abuse authorities that the pair would leave their son — then 8 or 9 years old — home alone while they went out bar-hopping, according to a report in the Detroit Free Press.

“When they were gone, he would come knock on our door,” LeMieux, 28, told the outlet. “They didn’t leave him with a phone.”

LeMieux said she notified Child Protective Services but doesn’t know if they took action — noting that the alleged neglect continued."

OXFORD, Mich. – Aiden Watson’s family has kept fairly quiet about his struggle to recover after being shot at Oxford High School last fall.

Now, the family is offering a rare inside glimpse of what they are dealing with and the stress they are experiencing within their community.

It has taken months for the Watson family to come forward. The top priority has been Aiden’s road to recovery after the shooting. Now, they want to share what he went through and give people an update on his life since the bullet struck his leg...

OXFORD, Mich. – The parents of an Oxford High School shooting survivor have filed a lawsuit. They said they waited for the system to work, but it didn’t.

Aiden Watson was shot in the leg during the Nov. 30, 2021, mass shooting at Oxford High School that wounded seven people and killed four students. His parents, Linda and Jarrod Watson, said they’re frustrated with the school.

They waited, but were not happy with how Oxford High School reacted after the school shooting. So on Wednesday, the Watsons filed a lawsuit through their attorney Todd Flood...

Oxford — Mason Bourgeau was sitting in classroom 216 at Oxford High School listening to an Algebra 2 lesson in February when his teacher walked over to the open door and shut it.

Suddenly, Mason's mind was back to Nov. 30, the day a substitute teacher slammed the same door shut, pushed the Nightlock door barricade into place and ordered Mason and his classmates into the corner, the farthest point from the door. As they waited huddled together, gunshots rang out and screams poured down hallways and through walls into classrooms like his.

“Every time I just go into that classroom or see it, I am stuck in that room. I don’t really know what is going on," Mason, 18, told The Detroit News last week, just days before he is set to return to Oxford High for his senior year on Thursday...

When 1,650 Oxford High School students were forced to evacuate their building on Nov. 30 after a gunman attacked, there was no easy path outside the school for them to navigate as they tried to head to safety.

Hundreds of students had to walk on the snowy shoulder of a 55 mph road along the school while emergency vehicles rushed by. Others navigated uneven terrain through wooded areas. Some jumped a nearby fence and walked through an apartment complex to seek safety away from the high school.

That's why Oxford Township officials are pushing for federal funding to construct a 5,100-foot-long pedestrian path that would create a safe place for high school students to use in an emergency and connect the high school area with other local pathways in the community...

Oxford — As the sun was setting Friday on Wildcats Stadium on this picture-perfect late summer evening, something else had arisen, something not seen much around this northern Oakland County town over the nine months since that awful day when everything changed.

Yes, there were more tears, lots of them. There were hugs. There was still so much pain.

But, on this night, there also were smiles, there was laughter.

There was joy...

Oxford — As the sun was setting Friday on Wildcats Stadium on this picture-perfect late summer evening, something else had arisen, something not seen much around this northern Oakland County town over the nine months since that awful day when everything changed.

Yes, there were more tears, lots of them. There were hugs. There was still so much pain.

But, on this night, there also were smiles, there was laughter.

There was joy...
Thank you for the wonderful job you’ve done keeping us all updated with Oxford High especially this article about it’s spirit to find a way back from the horrible event that happened last November. I’m no longer a greater Detroit resident, not even a Michigan resident anymore, but I’ve been heartbroken over the months as I’ve remembered that school community and the connections I had at one time. Though this article brought tears too, they are tears tinged with hope for these people. thanks again.

An increased police presence greeted students at Oxford Community Schools on Monday after an online threat made against the district remained under investigation.

On Sunday, Oxford school officials posted a message about the threat, reported to them that morning by a school resource officer who saw a message on Snapchat that said: "come bring a gun to Oxford school."

Police had not determined the author of the message as of Sunday, said Superintendent Ken Weaver in an online post to the school community...

A trial scheduled for the parents of the accused Oxford High School shooter, who both face involuntary manslaughter charges, has been postponed to an unknown date.

The trial originally scheduled for James Crumbley and Jennifer Crumbley on Oct. 24 has been postponed and will not occur on that date, according to court documents. A new trial date has not yet been rescheduled.

James Crumbley, 45, and Jennifer Crumbley, 44, are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the fatal mass shooting at Oxford High School on Nov. 30, 2021, in which their son is accused of shooting and injuring seven people, and killing four students. The couple have been lodged at the Oakland County Jail since the shooting, along with their son -- though all are being lodged separately...

A trial scheduled for the parents of the accused Oxford High School shooter, who both face involuntary manslaughter charges, has been postponed to an unknown date.

The trial originally scheduled for James Crumbley and Jennifer Crumbley on Oct. 24 has been postponed and will not occur on that date, according to court documents. A new trial date has not yet been rescheduled.

James Crumbley, 45, and Jennifer Crumbley, 44, are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the fatal mass shooting at Oxford High School on Nov. 30, 2021, in which their son is accused of shooting and injuring seven people, and killing four students. The couple have been lodged at the Oakland County Jail since the shooting, along with their son -- though all are being lodged separately...
Wonder if a plea bargain is in the works?

Maybe they would plead guilty

Quote snipped by me. IMHO I just don't see either of those two pleading guilty to anything. But maybe they would plead "no contest?"

Ugh, I feel they deserve to pay severely. They bought a weapon for a teenager they knew was struggling and therefore share his responsibility for the outcome.
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member