GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross -

Special Agent Brandon says it’s NOT illegal (federal or state law) for a 15 yo to touch a gun or go to a shooting range. It’s also not legally (federal or state) required to put your gun in a safe at home. It’s also not required to put a lock on your gun at home.

Agrees no one needs an ATF pamphlet to know a gun is dangerous. He wouldn’t agree that anyone would know that a *youth* handling a gun would be dangerous. He cites that there are too many deaths involving children handling guns.

*Cross interrupted briefly because defense atty felt like she had a bug fly into her mouth. Feels like she’s choking. Judge offers cough drop says she didn’t see any flies. Atty takes cough drop.* eye-roll

Shooter had BB guns and target set up at home to shoot BB guns.

KalTec and Derringer were secure in a gun safe during the home search after the school shooting. The combination was 0000, which is the default by manufacturer and that’s what LE used to unlock the safe. Witness agrees he did not physically watch LE open the safe. KalTec and Derringer purchased June 2021, shooter never took those 2 guns out of the house. No cable lock on either the KalTec or Derringer.

Re: video of EC handling KalTec ((I think) and texting friend “Dad left this out lol.” Agrees it’s possible for teens to embellish and try to impress their friends. Then says he’s not here to testify about teen behavior. State objects that witness is not an expert on teen behavior. Judge says she will take judicial notice that teens embellish and that this agent was a teen not long ago and that these officers seem to be getting younger and younger. Lol

Agrees he’s not a member of the Crumbley family and that the Sig Sauer was a Xmas gift to EC and he doesn’t know the conditions set by parents. The open gun case for Sig Sauer was in the kitchen during the home search. He acknowledges that he doesn’t know for certain where the Sig Sauer was stored prior to the day of shooting. He doesn’t know if the cable lock was on the gun after it was purchased. The cable lock wasn’t inserted after they left the store cause there are pics right after the purchase. But he doesn’t know how it was stored or if the cable lock was put on or who was responsible for storing it after the pics were taken.

Agrees EC has more knowledge about the gun than mom. There’s no evidence EC took a safety course or didn’t take a safety course.

She gets him to say he wasn’t there when the drawing was discussed with school and parents.

Cross over

One thing that was mentioned during defense opening — Jennifer Crumbley will be testifying.
With all the evidence against her she may feel she doesn't have much of a choice and will throw hubby under the bus and throw herself on the mercy of the jury.
I wouldn't be surprised if she's a drama gal.
iirc: There's 10 women on the jury?

With all the evidence against her she may feel she doesn't have much of a choice and will throw hubby under the bus and throw herself on the mercy of the jury.
It's only day one, but I think the defense did a good job. They drove home that her husband bought the gun. He was in the majority of videos target shooting with son. Defense drove home that Ethan wrote a social media text something to the effect "Dad didn't put it away, so why not lol".
They showed mom in a video with son at a shooting range where she looked like she had no idea what she was doing with firearms. Hence, they drove home she
was trying to bond with her son doing something he liked doing.

Granted, it's one day. But it wasn't the prosecution's day imo. I'm sure I'll learn of a ton of texts and FBs that will piece the bubble? Hubby seems screwed so far, and not because she or her defense team did anything against him.

Today's trial.
Day 1

A first?
Female defense attorney crying with a sob when the female Vice Principal is testifying for the prosecution.
Court stops jury leaves and haven't finished listening to the female prosecutor addressing this with the judge about jury influence.

Begins @ 2:17

Last edited:

Sounds like she will be placing total blame on her husband. No love lost between them. The Hunger Games!

Nothing like taking your son who's depressed because his buddy moved and a pet died to the rifle range to bond.
It's only day one, but I think the defense did a good job. They drove home that her husband bought the gun. He was in the majority of videos target shooting with son. Defense drove home that Ethan wrote a social media text something to the effect "Dad didn't put it away, so why not lol".
They showed mom in a video with son at a shooting range where she looked like she had no idea what she was doing with firearms. Hence, they drove home she
was trying to bond with her son doing something he liked doing.

Granted, it's one day. But it wasn't the prosecution's day imo. I'm sure I'll learn of a ton of texts and FBs that will piece the bubble? Hubby seems screwed so far, and not because she or her defense team did anything against him.
In the defense's opening statement he told the jury that they will present evidence from months before the shooting about the family.
I'm only a little over 2 hrs into the video.

Oy Vey!

"In documents filed with the court in Pontiac, Michigan, Shannon Smith, the defense attorney for Jennifer Crumbley, 45, asked the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Cheryl Matthews to force Ethan Crumbley to testify in his mother's trial. Smith also asked the judge to order psychiatrists who have treated Ethan Crumbley to testify.
Attorneys from the State Appellate Defender Office, who are representing Ethan Crumbley as he appeals his life sentence, are fighting any order that would compel him or psychiatrists who have treated him to testify in the trial of his mother or father'

Michigan mom wants school-shooter son to testify in her ...

1706243484083.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › world › mother-boy-who-m...

2 days ago — A Michigan woman facing manslaughter charges for a school shooting carried out by her son wants him to testify in her defense, according to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther