GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

<SBM and BBM>

The judge is wanting this on the record and saying that this isn't what the trial is about - not about making examples of, not about gun ownership, not about parenting. But this is exactly what this trial was about, and that's why I think the parents have a good chance on appeal.

I respectfully disagree. It’s not about gun ownership. It’s about reckless gun possession. It’s not about parenting. It’s about criminally reckless parenting.

Huge difference.

These people not only ignored flaming red flags, they neglected their son and added dynamite to the fire by arming instead of treating him.

They’re not stupid. They knew the risks. Everyone in the US does.

The attorney/client BFFs won't be chummy for much longer. I strongly suspect that Jennifer will throw Shannon Smith under the bus in her appeal. She'll claim "ineffective counsel", and I might just have to agree with her.
Really? I didn’t watch the trial. What do you think she did poorly? Or failed to do? I’m curious.

I looked for footage of that angle and so far found none.
All I came up with from different videos were focused on Matthews until after the sentence she asked the woman from probation at the prosecutor's table a question about restitution and both Crumbleys were just sitting there and one of their lawyers was looking down writing something.
Those people seem to have the emotional depth of a teaspoon.

I didn't see any posts mention anything about how the Cs reacted when they heard their sentence. Was that not shown or was there just really nothing to mention?

Good question ... Here are photos from the sentencing....

1712699327243.png
PHOTO: James Crumbley, his attorney Mariell Lehman, Jennifer Crumbley, and her attorney Shannon Smith, sit in court for sentencing Apr. 9, 2024, at Oakland County Circuit Court in Pontiac, Michigan.  (Bill Pugliano/Getty Images)

1712699542004.png
1712699676385.png
1712699766420.png

Last edited:
I gotta say I believe this is a good example of a case that would have gone better for the defendants had they negotiated a plea agreement from the day their arrest warrants were signed.

If they had come in immediately and took responsibility and pled guilty I believe they wouldn't have gotten such a high sentence. I believe that absolutely some years would have been knocked off.

Also showing remorse over recorded jail phone lines instead of threats would have been better.

I believe in prison both Crumbleys will find inmates who feel sorry for them and will tell them they don't belong here etc....

So James can continue to say he was wrongly charged and convicted and Jennifer can continue to say she wouldn't do anything different. According to the prosecutor Jennifer also said this in a jail phone call.
She tried to walk it back at her sentencing but it was too little too late.

Stay tuned for their prison info and mug shots.

2 Cents

Wow… just wow watching their statements. JC trying to backtrack THEN back to nothing was her fault…. While her attorney gazes lovingly at her the whole time. Disgusting behavior IMO. And him with the ‘you don’t know the truth’. I hope their prison lives are lengthy and miserable. 10 to 15 is not enough, but glad they got the maximum.

Jennifer Crumbley expresses sorrow, hatred for prosecutors: 'Alone, I grieve'​

“We were good parents,” she said. “We were the average family. Everything we strived for was to make sure our son had the best life we could give him. I know we did our best.”

She also urged the public to take away this message: "This could be any parent ... your child can make any decision."

Not just with a gun, she said, but with a knife, a vehicle — and the parents could be held responsible.

She also told the prosecution: "I have hated you."

But she has come to forgive the prosecution over time, she said, and continues to try to forgive herself for decisions she cannot change.

Last edited:

“We were good parents,” she said. “We were the average family. Everything we strived for was to make sure our son had the best life we could give him. I know we did our best.”
One moment in time demonstrates that they were not good parents. Their actions that day with their son and the school are reprehensible. On the whole, for me, her words are of no import. It can not be argued that they did their best. Maybe that was the best they could offer their son. These parents thoughts and excuses are disgusting to me. MOO

Just a reminder of the things James has said.

He addressed threats directly to McDonald and in one threat made on Sept. 23, 2022, he said, "Yeah, YOU *advertiser censored***** Karen McDonald. You're a *advertiser censored***** stupid b****. I hope you're listening to this, you *advertiser censored***** b****."

Other threats the prosecution released in the document include the following highlighted comments:

"Well, she's going to be *advertiser censored***** sucking on a *advertiser censored***** hot rock down in hell soon." (Jail call on Dec. 6, 2022)
"Yeah, Karen McDonald, you're going down. Yeah. You stupid b******* at the jail. Go ahead, record this call, Send it to Karen McDonald. Tell her how James Crumbley is going to *advertiser censored***** take her down." (Jail call on Oct. 9, 2023)
"Yeah, *advertiser censored****** Karen McDonald. You're *advertiser censored**** when I get out." (Jail call on Dec. 20, 2023)
"There will be retribution, believe me." (Jail message on Dec. 23, 2023)
"I am *advertiser censored***** on a rampage, Karen. Yes, Karen McDonald. Your *advertiser censored** is going down and you better be *advertiser censored***** scared." (Jail call on Jan. 3, 2024)

She also urged the public to take away this message: "This could be any parent ... your child can make any decision."

Not just with a gun, she said, but with a knife, a vehicle — and the parents could be held responsible.

She also told the prosecution: "I have hated you."

But she has come to forgive the prosecution over time, she said, and continues to try to forgive herself for decisions she cannot change.
IMO:
By making these claims it proves that JC learned absolutely nothing about why she and James were held legally accountable and convicted .

"She also urged the public to take away this message: "This could be any parent ... your child can make any decision."

Not just with a gun, she said, but with a knife, a vehicle — and the parents could be held responsible."

He addressed threats directly to McDonald and in one threat made on Sept. 23, 2022, he said, "Yeah, YOU *advertiser censored***** Karen McDonald. You're a *advertiser censored***** stupid b****. I hope you're listening to this, you *advertiser censored***** b****."

Other threats the prosecution released in the document include the following highlighted comments:

"Well, she's going to be *advertiser censored***** sucking on a *advertiser censored***** hot rock down in hell soon." (Jail call on Dec. 6, 2022)
"Yeah, Karen McDonald, you're going down. Yeah. You stupid b******* at the jail. Go ahead, record this call, Send it to Karen McDonald. Tell her how James Crumbley is going to *advertiser censored***** take her down." (Jail call on Oct. 9, 2023)
"Yeah, *advertiser censored****** Karen McDonald. You're *advertiser censored**** when I get out." (Jail call on Dec. 20, 2023)
"I am *advertiser censored***** on a rampage, Karen. Yes, Karen McDonald. Your *advertiser censored** is going down and you better be *advertiser censored***** scared." (Jail call on Jan. 3, 2024)

Well now he can say them from MDOC housing.

1712715573824.png

Today Judge Matthews addressed James's threats to Karen McDonald and called them just that, threats.
So much for his lawyer Lehman's offensive claims that they weren't threats, it was James just venting.

IMO:
By making these claims it proves that JC learned absolutely nothing about why she and James were held legally accountable and convicted .

"She also urged the public to take away this message: "This could be any parent ... your child can make any decision."

Not just with a gun, she said, but with a knife, a vehicle — and the parents could be held responsible."
Exactly, they seem to think they were charged, solely because their child committed a mass shooting. They were charged because they enabled his actions to a criminal degree.

This seems to be the year for accountability on people who always get away with it, I reccommend this thread. A school Assistant Principal has been indicted because she was negligent in a 6 year old boy shooting his teacher.

Besides charged with neglect the little boy's mother was also charged with using pot while owning a gun.
She's doing time.

Deja Taylor, mother of 6-year-old who shot Virginia teacher ...

CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › Crime

Dec 15, 2023 — Deja Taylor has now been sentenced twice for the classroom shooting, which stunned the nation and shook the city of Newport News.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back