MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a terrible tragedy! My heart was in my throat until I heard which school and County. My Nieces and Nephews do not attend this school. My heart aches for all. And makes my blood boil say's this Canadian :mad:

OXFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding six other people, including a teacher, authorities said.

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news conference that he didn't know what the assailant's motives were for the attack at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, a community of about 22,000 people roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Detroit.

[snip]

Robin Redding said her son, TB, is a 12th grader at the school but stayed home on Tuesday. She said he had heard threats of a shooting at the school.
Authorities: Student kills 3, wounds 6 at Michigan school

2:45 p.m. update:

“Bus transportation will be delayed this afternoon due to the situation at Oxford High School,” Oxford Middle School Principal Dacia Beazley said. “If your child rides a bus home, they will remain in their classroom until buses arrive.

“Normal student pick up will happen in the parent pick up line at this time. Students who walk home will be dismissed at 2:33 p.m.

Please communicate with your child via text messaging if his/her pickup plan has changed. If your student is not responding to text, please call our office at 248-969-1804.”
Oxford High School shooting: 3 killed, shooter in custody, officials say -- live coverage here

OT today one of our local high schools buried one of it's own. Last week a 15/16 year old female stabbed the young man, who had just turned 18 the day before, in the heart just outside the school as students were being dismissed, over some drama he apparently wasn't even part of. Just so sad. Events like these ruin so many lives.

We used to live down the street from that High School. My youngest son, went to the elementary school next door. We often went to the high school for big meetings or presentations. The middle school, high school and elementary all next to each other.I took my youngest to swimming lessons and baseball when he was a young one. It's rural/suburban area. The 15 year old suspect lived in Pontiac (lower economic area). Hoping it is not a brother/sister/teacher of someone we know. My son's buddies graduated from there. School of Choice. So heartbreaking. :(

Last edited:
Three students are dead, others injured after shooting at Michigan high school | Daily Mail Online

Chilling footage captured by a student shows classmates huddled beneath desks inside a barricaded classroom as a killer gunman roams the halls, trying to convince would-be victims that it was safe to emerge from hiding.

'Sheriff's office,' the boy said. 'You can come out.'

Students exchange glances as one whispers 'he said it's safe to come out.' But one skeptical classmate declined to open the door, saying: 'We're not willing to take that risk right now.'

The gunman shouts back something illegible before calling his classmate 'bro' and in that sickening moment, classmates began jumping out a window after realizing the self-professed cop was actually the shooter.

The suspected shooter, a sophomore at the school, was arrested within five minutes of the original call, police said and added an on-scene school resource officer assisted in nabbing him.

Upward of 20 shots were fired by the teen as 911 operators received more than 100 frantic 911 calls.

Masses of stunned students, some crying and others huddled together, emerged from the school following the massacre.

The parent, who said his son escaped through a window, claims that the shooter was knocking on classroom doors trying to get students to come out and said he was with the sheriff's office.

"They were impersonating sheriffs there trying to get into the door," the parent said. "My son was actually barricaded under a desk, they were actually knocking on the door trying to get into his classroom."

Student's parent says Oxford school shooter knocked on class doors impersonating sheriffs; 3 dead, 6 wounded

Oh my word, the tiktok video of what appears to be the students refusing to open the door for his faux police trick is at this link. So glad they refused to open it. Kudos to those students for remaining calm and using their heads.

School shooting at Oxford High School in Michigan leaves 3 dead, several injured - CNN
''We received over 100 911 calls to our dispatch center," McCabe said.
The suspect was apprehended without incident within five minutes of officers arriving, McCabe said.
A handgun was recovered from the suspect, McCabe said. Authorities recovered multiple shell casings in the school and believe around 15-to-20 shots were fired. There is no indication the suspect was wearing body armor, McCabe said.
"At this point in time, we believe he acted alone," McCabe said. He said that authorities are aware of how the suspect allegedly got the gun into the school, but declined to divulge these details.''

Three dead, eight hurt in Oxford High shooting; 15-year-old in custody
''McCabe, during a 5 p.m. news briefing, said the students killed include two females, ages 14 and 17, and a 16-year-old male.

Of those wounded, two are in surgery and their conditions aren't known. The other six are in stable condition, "with various gunshot wounds," he said. The wounded are at three hospitals; McLaren Lapeer Region Community Medical Center, McLaren Oakland in Pontiac and St. Joseph Mercy Oakland in Pontiac. ''

The parent, who said his son escaped through a window, claims that the shooter was knocking on classroom doors trying to get students to come out and said he was with the sheriff's office.

"They were impersonating sheriffs there trying to get into the door," the parent said. "My son was actually barricaded under a desk, they were actually knocking on the door trying to get into his classroom."

Student's parent says Oxford school shooter knocked on class doors impersonating sheriffs; 3 dead, 6 wounded

Oh my word, the tiktok video of what appears to be the students refusing to open the door for his faux police trick is at this link. So glad they refused to open it. Kudos to those students for remaining calm and using their heads.
That is truly terrifying!

Oxford High School is about 12 miles north of my home in Rochester Hills. I learned about this tragedy early this afternoon and have been glued to WDIV's live coverage. Very sad for the Oakland County community. Never thought something like this would happen so close to home :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong