MI MI - Aaron Idle, 30, Owosso, 23 March 2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by pianokiller, Apr 2, 2013.

1. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/04/owosso_township_man_missing_fo.html

snipped from article:

Aaron Idle, a father of two, was last seen leaving his parent's Owosso Township home. He was walking to the gas station about a quarter mile from the home.

Aaron Weston Idle
    Brown Hair
    Brown Eyes
    5'9
    160lbs
    Last seen wearing a dark snowmobiling coat with reflectors, blue jeans, and brown Timberland brand boots. He did have his cellphone [unused] and did NOT have his wallet. It has been assumed he had loose money in his coat pocket to use at the gas station. He was not on any of the surveillance footage at the gas station.

This is a case local to where I live and it's hardly getting any attention. Aaron was previously a drug user but the family said he was clean at the time of his disappearance. They insist he was NOT suicidal, nor was drunk. They believe he met with foul play. Currently search parties are searching heavily wooded areas and the river in the area he went missing.

facebook page to help find him:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-find-Aaron-Idle/152843638215809

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

Per the family member running the facebook page, they checked the surveillance video at the Speedway gas station Aaron never arrived.

4. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

Still missing. Aerial search planned. They've also had K-9 units checking riverbed and heavily wooded areas. Personally, it seems as the police are treating this as a body recovery now instead of a missing search.

5. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

owosso, mi - Google Maps

street view of the speedway on M-52 (I started at Wilkinson Rd and "walked" south on 52) If there had been a hit and run, he would have been found IMO

6. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

No, I agree. I used to take that road to work. There's always cars day/night and it's well lit.

7. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of fields, was his walk right up the street, or down another street that he could have cut thru a field?

8. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

9. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

10. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

11. Public_Hysteria

Public_Hysteria Rest in peace, Adrienne

I have a feeling that he was never planning on heading to the gas station, and that he may have been meeting up with someone. That would explain why he never arrived or was shown on surveillance, when the way there was along a busy road where he surely would have been seen by passing traffic.

Prayers for this young man and his family, may he be found safely soon.

12. Jan

Jan New Member

AAron Idle had a page on Argus press that appeared to be a discussion type page. It had the rules to use the page such as keep it clean, no bad language, etc. His picture was on the page along with pictures of places around Owosso and the emblems of schools in the area. About a week after he went missing, at 10:30 one morning, there was what said it was a post by him. This was during the time that people were searching for him around the river, etc. I sent a post to the Flint Police Operations page under his missing information and suggested they check and see if it was really him that had posted that morning. If so, they would know he was alive and probably well on that day. I don't know if anyone ever checked it out. Now when I try to go to the page on the Internet I can't go there anymore and it says "User ID Failed." The page seems to be gone. If someone thinks he could be in Flint, what side of Flint? My husband and I work as volunteers in a prevention agency on the east side of Flint 3 days a week and know and talk to a lot of people in that area. And we go to church on the southwest side of Flint too.

13. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

The olive have seemed to have had info that was seen on Flint recently.

I truly hope this is a case of someone who just needed a break from everything disappearing for awhile, although his family seems to think this isn't the case.

14. Sporky

Sporky The fork is mightier than the spoon.

He went missing on my birthday. I hope he is found soon!

15. Canadianmom2three

Canadianmom2three Member

16. Cagle

Cagle Member

http://www.argus-press.com/news/article_b38c83ac-9d36-11e2-8289-0019bb2963f4.html

17. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

18. CMac2

CMac2 Active Member

Another article, farther upthread, states that Aaron had struggled in the past with drug addiction. This most recent article says that during the course of the search for him, a man was arrested on heroin charges. Sadly, I fear this disappearance is drug-related. Aaron may have had a relapse and come across some trouble, or may have been completely clean and unexpectedly come into contact with some shady characters from his past. Either way, I hope he's found soon, and safe.

19. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

20. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

21. pianokiller

pianokiller New Member

New poster with more description of clothing.
    [​IMG]