MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE

73498022_448490029105114_6340703323376582656_n.jpg

The Benzie County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan State Police are asking for assistance from the public with locating a missing female. It is unknown at this time if she is missing voluntarily or in danger.

On 10/17/2019 at approximately 2:45a.m., the female, identified as Adrienne Quintal, called a third party in Warren, MI and asked for help. The third party then contacted the Sheriff’s office. Deputies and Michigan State Police arrived on scene at 2:58 a.m. and observed evidence of possible foul play but were unable to locate Adrienne.

The Sheriff’s Office and The Michigan State Police conducted a K-9 track and ground search of the area, without success.

Adrienne Quintal is a 47-year-old, white female who goes by the name Ada. She has long brown hair with brown eyes. She is approximately 5’7” weighing 125lbs. Adrienne had traveled from Warren, MI to a family cabin in Honor. MI.

Adrienne left behind her personal property, including her vehicle, cellphone, and purse.

Family and friends of Adrienne have not reported to have heard from her since 10/17/2019.

The incident is currently under investigation. If anyone has seen of heard from Adrienne please contact Benzie County Central Dispatch at 231-882-4487 or contact the Michigan State Police Silent Observer at 1-866-774-2345.

Benzie County Sheriff

Police search for missing Michigan woman, possible evidence of foul play found

Why did Adrienne call a third party (a friend?) and not 911 straight away if she felt that she was in danger? What exactly did she say to them? Honor, MI has a population of only about 330 people, very rural. The entire Benzie County has a population of about 17 700 people.

Maybe since it’s such a rural area she thought it would be faster for the third party to get to her than LE? I have no idea obviously, just a guess. This sounds bad.....

It’s not really rural, so a 911 call would have been the fastest way to get help. She called someone in Warren (4 hours drive time from Honor) instead of 911, and that person called authorities who arrived on the scene 13 minutes later. My guess is that she had a visit at the cabin from someone she knew, and when this person wouldn’t leave (it’s 2:45am at this point), she called for advice from family or a friend. Her visitor may have been listening to her place the call, so calling 911 may have felt like it would escalate the situation, so she called a family member or a friend hoping they would hear the panic in her voice. Clearly they did, because they acted quickly.

I am in Detroit area and have vacationed in Honor several times and almost bought retirement home there during downturn. Searched yesterday and find she has aka's (Adrienne Ribbing) and may have been married due to one of them being another last name. I also looked at the address in Warren, to determine where she lived-either "North Warren" which is 13 or 14 mie rd area and still middle class older folks- or South Warren - which borders Detroit's notorious east side, and it appears she lived in South Warren, only 1 or 2 blocks north of "8 Mile rd" - a very very very high crime area-due to drugs. I looked at the photo and if the "cabin" she is pictured in front of is where she was abducted or went missing from, it does not look to be well maintained from the pic. Honor has or used to have a couple of restaurants, grocery, bar/restaurant-and fishing hunting type store or stores due to the trophy deer and salmon in area as Lake Michigan and the sand dunes are less than 7 miles west. Fishermen from across the nation seek salmon in fall and there are few motels in area . The area is in close (25 miles west) of tourist hot spot Traverse City Michigan. Benzie is full of retirees and people on budgets as well as lakefront 500k owners usually summer or seasonal. I find it hard to see her as either a hunter or fisherman, based on the one photo with the disney girl shirt on alone. I am deeply troubled on where she currently lived in Warren being actually Detroit with all things considered. So I think the few bars and businesses would need the video pulled and I don't know if anyone is doing any investigating. To me this looks like either someone she just met scared her- or someone she knew pulled up to property and she called. The clue is why not 911.Motown

Last edited:
I wonder what the evidence of foul play is and why that isn't enough to rule out voluntarily missing?
As do all of us which brings me to ask ......If the L.E. investigators were 1st worried about finding her or anyone.......instead of "making a possible charge stick against somebody..."........would every fact, tip, hint, clue be shared i every case say missing people anyway???

Woman Disappeared From Remote Cabin After Making Eerie Call Asking For Help

Mich. Woman Called Friend for Help While in Remote Cabin — and Hasn’t Been Seen Since

[...]

When deputies and Michigan State Police troopers got to the cabin at 2:58 a.m., they found no sign of Quintal but saw “evidence of possible foul play,” the sheriff’s office says.

Authorities have not disclosed what that evidence is, but say Quintal left behind personal property, including her vehicle, cellphone, and purse.

That night, sheriff’s deputies and Michigan State Police troopers searched the area with a K-9 unit but were unable to locate Quintal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong