MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Yes they look like different cabins to me too. The white one has a wood roof, and the green (beige?) one has a metal roof. I remember reading one of the cabins was the hunting one and one was the nicer family cabin and that she was staying in the hunting one. I can’t remember where I saw that either!

2. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

The pitch of the two roofs is much different, as well. The family allegedly owns two cabins in the vicinity up north.

cabff, human, Steph8angels and 9 others like this.
  3. BetteDavisEyes

Double post.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  4. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

5. FaithHope

FaithHope And Prayer!

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Is it possible that the statement linked above about the 3 phone calls AQ made doesn't mean that she tried calling 3 different people, but that she had to dial the same friend's number 3 times before the friend answered?? It was after 2 in the morning after all!! The friend was most likely sleeping.

imo

MrsM, tabitha111, MassGuy and 14 others like this.
  6. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science" Liet Kynes

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

HayLouise, jash, rainynights and 13 others like this.
  8. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Video of the outside and inside of the cabin at the link:

Bullet Holes Found In Window of Benzie County Cabin Where Woman Was Last Seen - 9 & 10 News

ETA: According to the reporter in the video, Adrienne's friend could hear shots being fired in the background.

Here's the window that was left open and from which she climbed on the roof, and another view of the cabin side (stills from the video). The window to the left of the door is the one with the bullet holes.

Attached Files:

HayLouise, MrsM, rainynights and 17 others like this.
  9. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

It looks cold there. If she did escape the cabin, without warm gear, she wouldn’t be able to survive the cold. This case is so confusing with the details that have been reported. No evidence of anyone on the outside firing shots toward the cabin at all. Makes you doubt the whole report of a shootout.

10. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

Delusional seems way more likely to me. Too much effort required for staging.

11. BetteDavisEyes

Teaser on WDIV, Channel 4, Detroit: Report about Adrinenne coming up on 6:00 report. If you're not local and want to watch live stream, here's WDIV link: www.clickondetroit.com

nighttime, MassGuy, human and 16 others like this.
  12. BetteDavisEyes

13. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

I have not followed for a while because of out of the country and am catching up but was something mentioned that I missed that she was a "drug user"? I just do not believe drugs, intentional or accidental, nor do I believe mental health break. MOO. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and until otherwise revealed believe that "something" occurred that was threatening and she reacted by protecting herself by firing her gun and calling a friend to alert authorities. She has been missing for a while now. I do not think she staged this. Nothing has been stated, unless I missed it, to indicate she wanted to disappear. I do not believe she would abandon her son and leave him wondering what happened to her. The cabin is in a very remote area, probably not frequented much except for seasonally. Given the homelessness numbers and opioid crisis that exists today I would not be surprised to find out that this case is just a matter of foul play.....being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

14. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I am WAY behind, did they find more then 1 type of gun shell casings in that cabin? How many guns did she have there? IMO

15. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

They found no other evidence of shooting from outside with any other gun is how I took it. They always need to perform a good search of areas like this in a hasty fashion right after they know someone is missing.

MrsM, CarolAnn, GordianKnot and 8 others like this.
  16. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

There were bullet holes in the window glass, but LE determined that the shots originated from inside the cabin. There was a shot fired into the ceiling, also from inside the cabin. In the call to her friend, she said that she had shot a man in the face, but no blood was found anywhere. No evidence was found that any shots were fired into the cabin from the outside. In an apparent escape, she climbed out of the cabin through a window and onto the roof, where she left her boots and cell phone. A gun was found at the property (which, I presume, is the one she used, although I don't know that for a fact).

I've no doubt that she perceived herself to be in the the middle of a shootout with two men, and that she was terrified. In my opinion, for whatever reason, she suffered a break with reality and was not rational. I believe that she'll be found not too far from the cabin.

MrsM, jash, cabff and 31 others like this.
  17. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

thank you @ardean and@alexwood, I had read that she may have had a personal health issue but just wanted to know if it looked like she was actually being attacked.

18. OliveBear

OliveBear Active Member

I am wondering if the friend she called has ever met her boyfriend.

I am wondering if LE can prove Ada called her friend that night.

Sitting on my hands. MOO.

19. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Very strange that Ada would shoot into the ceiling. Did she hear a noise upstairs (if there is an upstairs) or in the attic ? or on the roof?

20. Moonracer

Moonracer Well-known Unknown

The friend did call the police, and some articles I read said the call between A and the friend lasted four minutes, so I think that verifies she called her - or someone with her phone did - I hope LE dusted the roof phone for prints. IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.