MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaithHope

FaithHope And Prayer!

dbm

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Flicka1 likes this.

2. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

What about Ada’s friends? Has anyone seen any comments from them? Other couples?
    What did she and Lundy like to do and how do they support themselves?
    I had a friend that changed her personal style of dress because they bought motorcycles- tighter shirts (no flapping!) and jeans. Bandana might be seen as hippy style.

4. FaithHope

FaithHope And Prayer!

I see what you mean and agree it is an important point to be clarified.

However, just to "play devil's advocate", if I were to have a conversation with someone on the phone and relay that info to another person, I wouldn't choose the phrase "so-and-so appeared alright" because I didn't see them. I would most likely say, "so-and-so sounded alright"....
    But I guess every person's communication style is different

5. FaithHope

FaithHope And Prayer!

6. BetteDavisEyes

I figured that Adrienne spoke to the neighbor when she was walking her dog. They probably had a brief casual conversation.

7. FaithHope

FaithHope And Prayer!

I thought that too...

8. BetteDavisEyes

Nothing reported in mainstream media, and we can't post social media comments here. I'm sure that any close friends/associates of Adrienne's have been interviewed by LE and are part of an ongoing investigation.

9. Birmingplumb

Birmingplumb Well-Known Member

Or scared of b.f

10. BetteDavisEyes

$100K would be a nice payday for someone who is currently unemployed ;)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  11. BetteDavisEyes

12. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

The reward for information leading to Adrienne Quintal’s location now stands at $100,000, but it won’t last long. The family says the reward will only stay that high until November 30. Quintal vanished from a family cabin in Honor in October.
    Karie Herringa on Twitter

Adrienne Quintal has been missing since October 18. If anyone has seen or heard from Adrienne please contact Benzie County Central Dispatch at 231-882-4487 or contact the Michigan State Police Silent Observer at 1-866-774-2345.
    upnorthlive.com on Twitter

13. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

There were about a half-dozen bullet holes, including one in the ceiling, Sheriff's Detective Lt. Troy Lamerson told the Free Press. He said a portion of the ceiling rafter was cut out to retrieve a spent bullet. A driver's side window of the vehicle Quintal was driving also was struck, he said.

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

Lamerson said the vehicle was registered to Quintal's boyfriend, who has been at the cabin with Quintal but left in another vehicle that he owned two days earlier to return to metro Detroit.

Lamerson said the house was secured from the inside but authorities found some windows at the cabin open — including one with bullet holes in it. He said Quintal most likely got out of the cabin through a small window on the west end of the house.

Neighbors are pretty spread out, Lamerson said, but one living in the area thought they heard gunshots about 2:30 a.m. Oct. 17. He said a neighbor spoke with Quintal on Oct. 16 and it appeared that everything was all right.

Lamerson said authorities haven't located any evidence consistent with people being at the cabin, and they checked hospitals to see if there were any gunshot victims who might fit what Quintal told the family friend that morning on the phone.

Bryson said her sister had worked in the auto industry as a contractor for an engineering firm as a database analyst, but had some health issues and was laid off.

Bryson said Quintal hadn't been working full-time for about two years, but was doing odd jobs and that their uncle paid her $500 to make repairs on the old cabin because he is getting older and is unable to do all the work.

If her sister wanted to leave, Bryson said, she would have left a note and taken her purse, her vaping devices and vehicle — all of which were at the cabin.

Bryson said her sister was involved in an altercation in metro Detroit in July in which Quintal was "seriously hurt" and hospitalized. Bryson declined to go into too many details so not impede the investigation into her sister's disappearance. Quintal's nose was broken in the altercation and she had a concussion, which Bryson said might be considered a traumatic brain injury.

Bryson told the Free Press the person who hurt her sister hasn't been caught, and she's "not going to write that off until that person is found and cleared by the police."

She said her sister had been drinking when she was attacked in the summer, but according to the medical records that Bryson said she saw, there were no drugs in her sister's system. She said she wasn't aware of any problems her sister has with drugs or alcohol.

Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

14. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Well if anyone knows something, raising the reward to $100k should be a nice incentive to talk!!

15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

The family should contact Texas Equusearch if they believe she might still be in the area of the cabin (i.e.: deceased in the woods). Tim Miller has extensive experience with water searches and I believe his group would know the best way to search any swampy areas too. They won't do a search without LE's consent but they usually do try to help if the family requests a search and LE okays it (they are not only for cases in Texas, they go everywhere).
    About Page: About TXEQ
    How to request their help: Report a Person Missing

16. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

About her saying she shot one in the face... could that person have been inside the vehicle the men took to the house? So any blood was not evident because it was contained inside a vehicle no longer there?
    Or... could one guy have said and acted like she shot the other in the face to trick her? That person kept her attention to one side of the house while the other (she thought she’d hit) snuck around to ambush her?

17. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

Also does anyone know if her drivers side window was on the side facing the house? If it was on the side away from the house that would change things IMO

Lucyray, Flicka1, ChiCubs2016 and 4 others like this.
  18. cabff

cabff Well-Known Member

Hip waders are not needed. It can be navigated wearing shoes at times. When I was there, it was late December and I had on cheap rain boots and was okay. But I had to pay attention to where I was walking.

Lucyray, Alcina, TxMother67 and 7 others like this.
  19. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

Very interesting points and questions there.

I've been wondering too, who actually owns the condo?

As far as who would profit from her death? Me and my sisters are my parent's beneficiaries, and my mother is mine, as my children are young. So it could be her son, her parents or a sibling, could still be her ex-husband? It would be odd for it to be the BF since they haven't been together that long, IMO.

The wrong address? I think it was previously said the family owned 2 cabins and perhaps the mail from both of those cabins was at the one she was at?

If the BF was possessive, I wonder if it's even likely he would have left her up there alone? Maybe it was just the sister's opinion and he was not really controlling? MOO

So many questions.

MOO I hope they continue to search the area, but if there was a shoot out - she could have been taken anywhere! I think about her constantly. (I am from Warren and my family has a cabin up north, so this hits close to home).

Lucyray, Flicka1, ChiCubs2016 and 4 others like this.
  20. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

That is a great idea, they should suggest that to Benzie County Sheriff Office. Particularly since they seem to have limited resources (cadaver dogs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.