MI - Aiyana Jones, 7, fatally shot in Detroit PD raid, 16 May 2010 * Settlement Reached* *Mistrial*

typical that al sharpton has to show up and play his little games at this girls expense.

This story is another good example of how parents choose drugs or other criminal lifestyles over their children. This little girl would be alive if her parents were more responsible and upstanding citizens.

And now they want to sue?:banghead:
Regardless of the parents lifestyle, it doesnt mitigate a seven year old child being shot to death by a police officer who either a. is unable to safely handle his weapon or b.choose to utilize deadly force against a target he clearly could not see.
I dont think having your child murdered though the negligence of another warrants a headbanging icon as if it were the latest high falutin' outrage by the 'politically correct police.'

TOTALLY DISAGREE! While doing drugs is not what most consider "an acceptable lifestyle choice", and I don't either, it MOST CERTAINLY does NOT make this horrific CRIME okay. No way, not in any way, shape or form.

People fall victim to the evils of drug abuse regardless of whether they are "upstanding" citizens. Funny thing is, in addition to illegal drugs, there are SOOO many people who are drug addicts and their drugs of choice are LEGALLY PRESCRIBED and they go through their daily lives living a lie like they are "upstanding" citizens (your word) and in the end, an addict is an addict. Period.

I am so offended by your post. The fact that the PD in this case screwed up royally is the reason why this little girl is dead, and nothing more.

How did the police screw up here? This familiy was harboring a MURDERER. Not saying that the child deserves to die, however what I am saying is that this could have been prevented IF they simply told the murderer to turn him self in rather then opening their home to him!

....he was not even in the same apt. from what I understand...
...did you see all the toys in the front yard?...it was more than obvious there was a CHILD or CHILDREN in that house...

TOTALLY DISAGREE! While doing drugs is not what most consider "an acceptable lifestyle choice", and I don't either, it MOST CERTAINLY does NOT make this horrific CRIME okay. No way, not in any way, shape or form.

People fall victim to the evils of drug abuse regardless of whether they are "upstanding" citizens. Funny thing is, in addition to illegal drugs, there are SOOO many people who are drug addicts and their drugs of choice are LEGALLY PRESCRIBED and they go through their daily lives living a lie like they are "upstanding" citizens (your word) and in the end, an addict is an addict. Period.

I am so offended by your post. The fact that the PD in this case screwed up royally is the reason why this little girl is dead, and nothing more.

Exactly. Protecting the innocent should come before punishing the guilty.

....he was not even in the same apt. from what I understand...
...did you see all the toys in the front yard?...it was more than obvious there was a CHILD or CHILDREN in that house...

If he went in, he has to come out. Why couldn't they have just waited him out ?
Ohhh.. That makes for a boring reality.

I'm almost afraid to ask ... but is this the case where the officer was struggling with a woman and the gun discharged?

Or have two children been killed in raids recently? I sincerely pray not.

How did the police screw up here? This familiy was harboring a MURDERER. Not saying that the child deserves to die, however what I am saying is that this could have been prevented IF they simply told the murderer to turn him self in rather then opening their home to him!

They were not harboring a murderer - the suspect lived in the other half of the duplex. Separate household. Not only did they kill an innocent girl from an innocent family, they assaulted her father and raided the wrong apartment entirely. Gross incompetence at its best.

Teedie - yes, this is the same case.

Sigh, so sad that because this tragedy took place where it did and because the residents of the duplex were black some posters did not even bother to read the articles and aquaint themselves with the facts of this case before assuming the parents of this poor baby were druggies and their own lifestyle choices caused this. Poster then further accused them of being greedy and trying to profit from the death of their daughter. WTF? Did you not read a single one of the articles about this case before your rush to judgment Marie?

These folks "committed the crime" of living in an apartment (first floor) whose other apartment's (2nd floor) occupant was a suspected murdered. They also apparently "committed the crime" of being poor and black. Indeed, shame on them.

Posters like that make me very sad for our future as a nation. How will we ever make things better for our children if that is the type of attitude we face?

As to LE's actions that night and whether or not them being filmed for a reality series played a role - I think LE have a very dificult job to perform, particularly in a city with the sort of violent crime that has plagued Detroit.

I hope and pray that if the officers were negligent in performing their duties that they receive appropriate discipline. I hope this community can heal. I pray this event does not spark further violence.

Finally I sincerely hope Al Sharpton keeps his big, fat, publicity whoring, pot stirring, racial tension furthering *ss out of this. Every time that man opens his mouth he makes things worse, not better. I wonder if he loses sleep at night - worrying that racial peace will break out all across the world and steal his spotlight forever more. Lord, make it so.

thanks tlcox.

i cant stand al sharpton, he makes things worse not better.

people who might rush to this family's aid/defense could be turned off with this publicity seeking race baiter attached to it.

ITA kbl, it just sickens me when folks who have their own agenda use tragic circumstances such as this one to further their own cause. And by cause, in Mr. Sharpton's case, I mean publicity, attention and monetary gain.

tlcox - You are a very wise person and I greatly enjoy your posts. As always, you are right on the mark all around. I'm so sorry for this family and the terrible loss they have suffered. Whatever the truth of the matter, it still boils down to the officer not being in control of his weapon and that is completely unacceptable. To have a small child die for such a stupid reason is heartbreaking.

Hey Everyone - Discussing the parents' lifestyle in this case would be considered "victim-bashing" which is against TOS! So please STOP!

Regardless of how the parents were living - it is my understanding that they are completely INNOCENT here. The police raided the WRONG apartment.

Leave the parents alone.

Salem

the police screwed this up royally. other then al sharpton im not bashing anyone on the family side.

If Feiger is right, this was a pretty bald-faced CYA move on the part of the police. Hardly surprising, but they knew there would be video of the whole thing - how did they expect it not to surface?? Wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back