MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and I just made my 1000th post (this is # 1001). Apparently one gets an award and points for it. Yay! I hope I can redeem these points for a free trip to Bermuda. (I was going to say Hawaii, but maybe not).

The new platform looks great, but my Avatar has run away.

Jogger’s death continues to haunt family, community

Jogger’s death continues to haunt family, community

Brueger was described as small in stature at 4-feet, 9-inches tall, weighing 98 pounds. Despite her small size, her parents said she was mighty in presence.
 Her mother has often said that from the back, her daughter resembled a 12-year-old child. “Who would shoot a child in the back?” she asked.

Thinking about murders on teenage girls near tracks/trails ......
-.-.-
Good morning,
I'm testing the new WS, copied before WS got closed.
Sorry for being late with my posts - I had been on "vacation", if you know what I mean .... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did it say she was halfway through the jog? The language I recall is "the middle of her jog," which would simply mean that she had started but not finished; she could have been 1% through or 99% through. Few in the US would interpret middle so literally as to think it meant half way.
Testing

"Middle" dictionary definition generally means equidistant between two extremes i.e halfway.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx test

ETA: Where has the "Delete" button gone to?

I can't multi-quote.... but it was here so I may find it yet.

The delete button is gone, but you can use those two curved arrows" they toggle between removing the text or returning deleted text. .... try playing with it. Or just delete everything and go back to wherever you were (I think).

Where did it say she was halfway through the jog? The language I recall is "the middle of her jog," which would simply mean that she had started but not finished; she could have been 1% through or 99% through. Few in the US would interpret middle so literally as to think it meant half way.
Testing
"Middle" dictionary definition generally means equidistant between two extremes i.e halfway.

Ozoner is correct: In the U.S., the phrase "in the middle of" merely implies "being in the process of doing something".

...and I just made my 1000th post (this is # 1001). Apparently one gets an award and points for it. Yay! I hope I can redeem these points for a free trip to Bermuda. (I was going to say Hawaii, but maybe not).

He's here, harrassing my dogs from a low branch in the tree. Heheee

Congrats, and I agree -- it does look great! Oh no, about your avatar. It must be a size issue -- can you reduce it? Frankly, I'm surprised I even made it back on here... if there's something wacky that can possibly happen to a person with techie stuff, it's me! (I don't exactly get the trophy points thing... can I win a package of bubblegum or WS pen with enough points, or does it get me outta trouble if I say something I shouldn't? )

There are a couple of black squirrels who hang out in my backyard. Yours for the asking...

Ozoner is correct: In the U.S., the phrase "in the middle of" merely implies "being in the process of doing something".

Once I work out how to add a link I can add the dictionary definition I quoted. I know what you mean though re "in the middle of something" like in the middle of washing up for example.

Once I work out how to add a link I can add the dictionary definition I quoted. I know what you mean though re "in the middle of something" like in the middle of washing up for example.
I think when saying 'in the middle of' when referring to an action, is used more as a term of speech, rather than an equidistant position on an object.

I think when saying 'in the middle of' when referring to an action, is used more as a term of speech, rather than an equidistant position on an object.

Yes I understand that but the news said in the middle of a 16k run (10 miles), and I was answering the question " who said 1.5 miles from home" with the example of middle not actually being halfway in this example because she was actually only 1.5/1.6 miles from home when shot.

Last edited:
OT

I don't have an 'inbox' button next to my 'alert'. Am on a mobile so maybe that is why? Ok found it - now can't send.

Also 63 members on line and 260 guests at mo, but 63 robots also ?

Last edited:
The dictionary definition isn't, so there's no need to post it. "In the middle of" is a common expression here in the U.S. No one would interpret that language based on a a dictionary definition (which is just one definition among many, anyway).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member