MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... both these responses are just ridiculous.

Did I not specifically point out that the examples people always give like, “My Dad has a hard time communicating with my sister... but doesn’t make him a murder”
Or...
“Just because they didn’t have a “daddy’s girl” relationship doesn’t mean he’s a killer!”

That these examples, which have become predictable at this point, are NOT what im talking about! That isn’t what we have here!
This is something far more disconnected. More like a arch rivalry.

The examples of men you all like to give have a common theme... At the end of the day, when it came right down to it, they loved their children and the children knew it... even if the man could express it all the time.
THAT is one of the major parts that separated Franz from all these examples.

This is why all 4 guys that Ally dated between highschool and the day she died... we all IMMEDIATELY suspected Franz!

Why did all 4 of us to come to the exact same suspicion immediately?
Precisely because Franz isn’t like the examples you all give. He didn’t have a hard time communicating with Alex. He communicates just fine when he tells her *advertiser censored* like, “I wish you were never born”...
or, “I don’t consider you my daughter and wish you were out of me and your moms life”...
But I’m not going to go back and forth because in reality... none of you know Franz. None of have you seen or heard the things we’ve seen.

All I can tell you is that the last 4 guys Ally dated, who all had a very firm grasp on who Franz is and the relationship Ally had with him... all 4 of us came to the same suspicion immediately after Ally was killed.
So you can dismiss our suspicions of Franz as “gruel” or “mean”.... I’m fine with that.

Did NB defend her daughter when FB said such ugly things?

Forgive me if this has been confirmed/discussed previously, but if it was, I missed it:

Ally ran 70 miles per week, as in 10 miles on the trail, every day?

I’m a runner, and that’s incredibly high mileage for a non-professional runner. Was this related to an eating disorder? Substitution for an addiction? Most ppl in marathon training aren’t running 70mpw,and most ppl training run varied mileage daily, with long runs, speed work, tempo runs, etc. I think her running habits specifically are more important than I’ve seen discussed.

Forgive me if this has been confirmed/discussed previously, but if it was, I missed it:

I’m a runner, and that’s incredibly high mileage for a non-professional runner. Was this related to an eating disorder? Substitution for an addiction? Most ppl in marathon training aren’t running 70mpw,and most ppl training run varied mileage daily, with long runs, speed work, tempo runs, etc. I think her running habits specifically are more important than I’ve seen discussed.
I thought the same, just didn’t post on it. I am a runner as well and unless she was training for a marathon this would be very notable.

She jogged 10 miles EVERY DAY for the past 12 years, according to her mother:
Hunt for jogger’s killer continues
  • Oct 7, 2016
[...]
Brueger was shot to death the afternoon of Saturday, July 30, while she was jogging on Fish Lake Road. As she had for the past 12 years, Brueger jogged 10 miles every day, said her mother Nikki Brueger.
[...]
She was reported to have moved back in with her parents in April after what her mother said was an amicable break-up with a boyfriend of 2½ years.
[...]

She jogged 10 miles EVERY DAY for the past 12 years, according to her mother:
Hunt for jogger’s killer continues
  • Oct 7, 2016
[...]
Brueger was shot to death the afternoon of Saturday, July 30, while she was jogging on Fish Lake Road. As she had for the past 12 years, Brueger jogged 10 miles every day, said her mother Nikki Brueger.
[...]
She was reported to have moved back in with her parents in April after what her mother said was an amicable break-up with a boyfriend of 2½ years.
[...]
Right. That’s what I’ve seen posted, BUT has this been independently confirmed?

If you asked my mom, she’d say I run marathons every week. I don’t, but she thinks all races are “marathons.”

What I’m saying is: this amount of running (reported by her mom) is unusual and worthy of further questions/doubts/information. Even solo runners (like me) have “runner friends.” Did she run races? What do her runner friends think?

If you read through his posts without bias, I honestly cannot see how his statements are any different than COUNTLESS posts I have read on WS. When a suspect is named, it’s open season for speculation followed by JMO. The fact that he is a suspect skews opinions and rightfully so.

He in fact has way more information than any of us have in this case, whether it’s to be believed is up to each reader. I tend to read the information he shares as possible red flag info, not blasphemy. The info he shares would be easier to believe if there was a DNA bombshell-where FB is not AB’s real father. And in days leading up to the murder, FB discovered that AB and NB were planning on packing NB up and moving her out of the house. JMO
But, at least for me-that seems way too sensational for my visual context of FB and NB.
Because there is no where near enough information in this case for me to form an opinion, it’s made harder by my visual context of the players involved.
Whoever said it above...all we have is here say.
Very well said.

We are allowed by WS rules to decide for ourselves what to think about what you tell us. Unfortunately your post below does not help your case IMO. You stated info from 4 other sources to back up your claims. That is ok, as you are a VI, but it is our decision what we take on board. If FB or NB was also on here as a VI stating similar about yourself (you are all suspects after all) and quoting others to back it up I wonder what you would think about that?

Oh, and one thing you may have missed - many of us have asked what happened with meeting A later in the morning? Did that happen ? And if not why not ?

I agree that three ex Bf's and the reporter, should take suspicions to LE, if they haven't done already like you have.

I hope you continue to post. Please don't let opinions stop you doing that.

This is a waste of time.
I share what I know about the current state of this homicide case from my perspective... that’s all I can do.

I don’t have come on here and tell you all of this. I only do it in the hope that someone can use this better understand of the situation to eventually make progress, or think of something maybe I missed or didn’t think of.

And I actually did have a few people on the beginning contact me personally with good info I didn’t have before.
But now it’s mostly just this ******** and it’s exhausting, goes novwhere, and solves nothing.
So now you can all just go back to waiting on media reports about the case... enjoy!

Yes and probably shorter easy recovery days and maybe rest days. Non-runners really don't take note of someone's actual training pattern. Taking that further, she may have not been on that route EVERY day. That means if this was planned - e.g., an abduction that went sideways when she ran for a nearby house - someone may have been out there in the few days before the murder. Someone on a rural gravel road that was sparsely populated would be more likely to stand out as a stranger. (However, I'm leaning toward this being unplanned and a spur of the moment thing.) Some serious runners keep a log or planner. It might be written or on her computer or phone. I don't run anymore, but I had a log when I did. When I took up cycling and swimming laps instead I kept a log that in addition to cycling mileage, had distance and time, wind conditions and location and even license plate numbers of problem motorists I encounter.

If she did a keep a log, I wonder if LE got her log and looked it over to see if she varied her pattern or noted anything unusual.

Yes and probably shorter easy recovery days and maybe rest days. Non-runners really don't take note of someone's actual training pattern. Taking that further, she may have not been on that route EVERY day. That means if this was planned - e.g., an abduction that went sideways when she ran for a nearby house - someone may have been out there in the few days before the murder. Someone on a rural gravel road that was sparsely populated would be more likely to stand out as a stranger. (However, I'm leaning toward this being unplanned and a spur of the moment thing.) Some serious runners keep a log or planner. It might be written or on her computer or phone. I don't run anymore, but I had a log when I did. When I took up cycling and swimming laps instead I kept a log that in addition to cycling mileage, had distance and time, wind conditions and location and even license plate numbers of problem motorists I encounter.

If she did a keep a log, I wonder if LE got her log and looked it over to see if she varied her pattern or noted anything unusual.

All the recent thread comments on Ally's commitment to running/the seriousness of mindset of those on a disciplined fitness regime are noteworthy to me. I appreciate the insight. Also, your thought (BBM, above) really gave me reason to pause. Tensions/problems between runners and motorists is just not something I have thought much about... but if a runner tells me it can be a significant enough issue that a runner would write down license plate numbers of "problem motorists," I feel like it's something to consider more...

I think the most substantial info we have regarding Ally' murder is from the man who called 911 -- who came upon the scene (the car siting/seems he saw her fleeing, but he was uncertain if she came *from inside* the car).

I can't get past the fact that car has never been found.

Despite all the subsequent strain between the principle people in Ally's life (ex and parents), is this crime actually a road rage incident?

...I think the most substantial info we have regarding Ally' murder is from the man who called 911 -- who came upon the scene (the car siting/seems he saw her fleeing, but he was uncertain if she came *from inside* the car).

Despite all the subsequent strain between the principle people in Ally's life (ex and parents), is this crime actually a road rage incident?

IIRC, we have discussed the possibility of road rage. It's possible that Ally's daily runs were disruptive for people living in the area, causing dogs to bark, etc. At the homesite where she was found, the dirt road seems quite narrow, maybe even not enough room for two vehicles to pass comfortably without one having to wait and let the other vehicle go first. Perhaps there were local residents who were tired of having to veer around Ally on the way to or from their homes.

As for the vehicle not being found, there are probably a few explanations for that, too. I've considered the possibility that the shooter wasn't alone and that someone else was driving so that he/she could shoot Ally and make a fast getaway. It's also possible that the "white" (or light-colored) sedan is a "red herring" and has absolutely nothing to do with Ally's murder.

All the recent thread comments on Ally's commitment to running/the seriousness of mindset of those on a disciplined fitness regime are noteworthy to me. I appreciate the insight. Also, your thought (BBM, above) really gave me reason to pause. Tensions/problems between runners and motorists is just not something I have thought much about... but if a runner tells me it can be a significant enough issue that a runner would write down license plate numbers of "problem motorists," I feel like it's something to consider more...

I think the most substantial info we have regarding Ally' murder is from the man who called 911 -- who came upon the scene (the car siting/seems he saw her fleeing, but he was uncertain if she came *from inside* the car).

Problems when jogging were not frequent for me, but when I increased my mileage in cycling I noted some adversarial motorists who don't like to share the road. That was when I really started noting in my log. HOWEVER, ladies I know who jog say it is not unusual to encounter issues with guys, so who knows.

Road rage is one scenario I've considered. The other is that sometime in the past - either a previous day or earlier that day - a guy may have made an inappropriate or suggestive comment as she ran past. Instead of ignoring him she may have made a comment back and/or flipped him off and he felt insulted by this. Rage killing is something I believe is very possible. Most shotguns have a 5 round capacity - assuming there is no plug in the gun - counting the round in the barrel. If that is the case here this guy emptied the gun on her. One reason he missed with 4 of 5 shots could be he was overcome with rage.

If as combatmedic2121 said, A has 3 other exes then we are looking at relationships from approximately Jan 2014 and prior. Was A living at home then? Did an ex try to rekindle a relationship ( other than the one in Florida whom A was planning to visit according to her mother.)

IIRC, Wes posted that Ally lived at home while she was attending nursing school. I read a couple of articles indicating she went to Baker College in Flint. Not a long drive from Holly and fairly easy to be a commuter student. Not sure how long it took her to get her BSN in Nursing. If Ally was a full-time student, 4 years; perhaps longer if she wasn't full time. Ally's first nursing job was at Huxley Hospital in Flint. Again, close enough to commute from Holly, but I don't know if Ally lived elsewhere once she was working.

I think of "exes" as guys with whom Ally had a long-term relationship and not just someone she dated casually just a few times. Maybe she had dated someone she met while in nursing school or while working in Flint. Now that she was back living in Holly, it's possible that someone who still lived in the area (as opposed to the Novi/Northville/Wixom area wanted to rekindle a relationship with a former girlfriend. Might be worthwhile to hear from the other guys Ally dated.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I remember reading that Ally attended Holly High School. I wonder if she had reconnected with classmates whom she might not have seen since graduation or a class reunion? Maybe there were high school classmates with whom Ally had conflicts or petty jealousies among her circle of friends. If we're going to consider ex-boyfriends, there might very well be females from Ally's past - high school, nursing school, colleague at Huxley Hospital - who had some reason to want her dead.

Come to think of it, I remember reading that Ally attended Holly High School. I wonder if she had reconnected with classmates whom she might not have seen since graduation or a class reunion? Maybe there were high school classmates with whom Ally had conflicts or petty jealousies among her circle of friends. If we're going to consider ex-boyfriends, there might very well be females from Ally's past - high school, nursing school, colleague at Huxley Hospital - who had some reason to want her dead.

Absolutely. It is really important to consider all possibilities; this is good thinking.

"Ally, a dedicated runner for the past 10 years, who logged 10 miles every day, even before working 12-hour shifts as a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi."

I agree--seems like a disorder of excessive running. Combat: was Ally very disciplined with her eating too?

10 miles daily

I wouldn't take those figures literally. The trip around the way and back looks to be in the neighborhood of 10 miles. She probably expressed this amount to the mom at some point. She obviously would not run when it was pouring down rain or when other priorities got in the way. I think we're reaching when we label it a disorder. Runners gonna run, it's what they do.

10 miles daily

I wouldn't take those figures literally. The trip around the way and back looks to be in the neighborhood of 10 miles. She probably expressed this amount to the mom at some point. She obviously would not run when it was pouring down rain or when other priorities got in the way. I think we're reaching when we label it a disorder. Runners gonna run, it's what they do.
Thank you. We're supposed to be "victim friendly" on this forum. Suggesting that Ally had an eating disorder or some type of addiction seems cruel and unwarranted. The young woman is dead - the victim of a heinous murder. Ally and her family deserve compassion and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa