MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me throw out a thought. Anyone please catch it and comment.
LE is not going to reveal how close Ally was to the shooter, but her injuries would have provided a lot of distance info.

Unless the shooter was in close range, or had a SCOPE, it is very hard to hit a running, potentially weaving target. You’d have to have skill, like...say....a sharpshooter.

LE is not going to reveal how close Ally was to the shooter, but her injuries would have provided a lot of distance info.

Unless the shooter was in close range, or had a SCOPE, it is very hard to hit a running, potentially weaving target. You’d have to have skill, like...say....a sharpshooter.

I would agree, roses.

Unlike many (if not most) who are following this case, I live in Oakland County, Michigan (Troy/Rochester Hills for a total of 44.5 years), the same county as Holly where Ally's parents live and where she was murdered. At no time have my husband or I ever thought that local police agencies, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, and/or Michigan State Police were not doing their jobs to protect and keep our communities safe. I WILL NOT criticize local law enforcement agencies or suggest that local authorities "botched" the Alexandra Brueger murder investigation that is ongoing.

There is another high-profile, on-going case in Oakland County (City of Farmington Hills) involving the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki in December, 2016. The case remains unsolved, and I'm sure that Danielle's parents have become, at times, impatient. But, NEVER have the Stislickis ever indicated that they don't trust local/county/ state law enforcement agencies or that they believe that the investigation into their daughter's disappearance (or murder) was "botched". The Stislickis have remained dignified, respectful, and patient in the hopes that the case of their missing daughter will eventually be resolved.

Franz and Nikki Brueger have also been dignified, respectful, and patient with regard to the investigation into their beloved daughter's murder. We don't see them attacking or criticizing the investigation. Mr. and Mrs. Brueger must have confidence, as they should, that local, county, and state law enforcement agencies will eventually charge someone with the murder of their daughter. I hope and pray along with them that this happens soon.

You seem to be believe LE should be immune to criticism. I simple couldn’t disagree more.. and I’m not the only one. Most my friends, family, and coworkers are extremely disappointed in the investigations progress and feel they haven’t done enough to make progress on this case.

You think Nikki hasn’t criticized LE huh?
Well hate I tell to tell you this... but you’re wrong again.
In private she has regularly bashed different investigators who she felt were extremely rude and insensitive, including Shaw. To be honest, I had to agree with her. Many of the investigators we have met were extremely rude and arrogant, they also feel like they should be immune from all criticism and they act accordingly... and I wonder why that is...

If you would like a public example of Nikki bashing LE I’m sure you or someone here can find the article/video where Nikki says she believes that LE claiming Ally likely knew her attacker botched the investigation from the very beginning because it kept people from calling in tips that they otherwise would have.
I would find it for you but don’t have time at the moment to do so.

I do however want to say that not ALL investigators have acted rude, insensitive, and disrespectful.
I have met some wonderful investigators over the past 2 years who were always honest, respectful, and sensitive to the extreme agony I was going through after Alex died.
One of the investigators who was charged with collecting all my electronics and going through all of Alex’s and I communications...
When she came to drop of my electronics back off, a few days after Ally’s murder, she got out of the car and gave me a hug. I could tell she obviously had been crying and I’m sure she noticed that I had been too.
She told me, “I read everything Wes... I KNOW how much you and Alex loved each other and I’m SO sorry! I can’t even image what you're going through! All I can tell you is that you are NOT the focus of this investigation at this point.”

At the time, hearing her say that meant everything to me!

MOD NOTE

We do not have Vera Hogan's or any other peripheral case players' permission to post private conversations that may have taken place with them. This includes text messages (screenshots aren't allowed on WS anyway, per TOS), hearsay from confidential conversations, and other communications that go off topic that we can't link or verify. Websleuths is a fact-based forum, and even though VIs do not need links for all of their information, they cannot speak on anyone's else's behalf without that person's permission.

The only reference to Vera Hogan should be in reference to articles about this case written by Vera that can be linked here.

Unlike many (if not most) who are following this case, I live in Oakland County, Michigan (Troy/Rochester Hills for a total of 44.5 years), the same county as Holly where Ally's parents live and where she was murdered. At no time have my husband or I ever thought that local police agencies, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, and/or Michigan State Police were not doing their jobs to protect and keep our communities safe. I WILL NOT criticize local law enforcement agencies or suggest that local authorities "botched" the Alexandra Brueger murder investigation that is ongoing.

There is another high-profile, on-going case in Oakland County (City of Farmington Hills) involving the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki in December, 2016. The case remains unsolved, and I'm sure that Danielle's parents have become, at times, impatient. But, NEVER have the Stislickis ever indicated that they don't trust local/county/ state law enforcement agencies or that they believe that the investigation into their daughter's disappearance (or murder) was "botched". The Stislickis have remained dignified, respectful, and patient in the hopes that the case of their missing daughter will eventually be resolved.

MI - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14

Franz and Nikki Brueger have also been dignified, respectful, and patient with regard to the investigation into their beloved daughter's murder. We don't see them attacking or criticizing the investigation. Mr. and Mrs. Brueger must have confidence, as they should, that local, county, and state law enforcement agencies will eventually charge someone with the murder of their daughter. I hope and pray along with them that this happens soon.

BDE I agree with you 100% I also live in Oakland County -Lake Orion-and I believe our LE officers are some of the finest around. Just because they are not rushing this investigation does not mean they are not doing their job. They have solved many crimes that at some point seemed hopeless. I believe that they will solve both Danielle and Alex's murder cases.

I appreciate your participation here, Combatmedic2121. You obviously see things from a point of view that is different than anyone else here. If I am being open-minded (I do strive to, though sometimes I fail) I can actually say that your theory is not any more or less likely than any other out there in. We have seen bizarre things in our time here on WS. Parents do sometimes do the unthinkable, as sad and disturbing as that is.
If it turns out that you harmed her, then we can all say, "Hmm, he really tried to deflect attention from himself." If it turns out that she came to the end of her life at the hands of those you suggested, we can all say, "Well, he really tried to make us understand what he knew as an intimate of Ally."
I tend to believe that you know many many many things about her life and relationships that most people did not. That's kind of how it goes with an intimate partner, at least in my experience. Now, if you're fooling with us, shame shame shame. Hopefully time will tell, one way or another.
For now, I am thankful for your POV.

For me, it looks like Ally (with Franz?), Franz (with Ally?), Nicky (with Wes?) and Wes (with Ally? Franz? Nicky? WSers) do love (in case A.= loved) an altercation any times ....
I may be wrong.

MOD NOTE

We do not have Vera Hogan's or any other peripheral case players' permission to post private conversations that may have taken place with them. This includes text messages (screenshots aren't allowed on WS anyway, per TOS), hearsay from confidential conversations, and other communications that go off topic that we can't link or verify. Websleuths is a fact-based forum, and even though VIs do not need links for all of their information, they cannot speak on anyone's else's behalf without that person's permission.

The only reference to Vera Hogan should be in reference to articles about this case written by Vera that can be linked here.

Thank you for clarifying, liltexans

MOD NOTE

Are you serious try to tell me that basically every conversation I’ve had with anyone regarding Alex’s death... ex boyfriends, parents, friends, reports, investigators... that if those individuals don’t come on here personally and give explicit permission to discuss this conversation than I’m not allowed to mention?
!

These are not, in any way, confidential conversations or just “hearsay”.
I do require your permission, or theirs, or anyone else’s, to discuss these conversations regarding Ally’s death or the information obtained from these conversations.
If anyone has a problem with this... they can off!
I hope I’m making myself clear about this!

VI NOTE

One of the moderators has previous deleted this post. I’ve reposted it and will continue to do so. I’ve also reported this moderator behavior.
Censoring critical and relevant information regarding Ally’s case is abhorrent and irresponsible. Any attempts to do so should NOT be tolerated by this community or by the public more broadly. Period!

Last edited:

If the shooter was using buckshot LE can probably have an idea of the range between the sandal tracks in the road and the misses on the trees. I can't imagine that with a shotgun the shooter would be more than 25-40 yards. It would take an experienced shooter but not necessarily a sharpshooter. Someone who has bird hunted, shot skeet a few times or even deer hunted could do it. But even someone who is very experienced at shooting a moving target such as skeet can find themselves not too steady when shooting at a live target.

I do have to back off one thing I've said earlier regarding someone who would miss with 4 out of 5 shots. If the woods weren't thick with undergrowth, Alexandra may have not run down the road. Rather she might have taken off through the woods zig-zagging and trying to put trees between her and the shooter. I can see a shooter trying to lead her when aiming and inadvertently hitting a tree instead of her. By taking an evasive action like that she increases the chances that even a more experienced shooter is not going to get a hit on her.

Combatmedic2121, has LE tried to obtain DNA samples from persons they've talked to so far? I'm wondering if LE got any forensic evidence off the empty shotgun shells.

They’ve never requested DNA sample from me. As far as I understand it, they don’t have fingerprints or DNA evidence regarding this case unfortunately because If they did they would have been able to rule me out a long time ago!

They’ve never requested DNA sample from me. As far as I understand it, they don’t have fingerprints or DNA evidence regarding this case unfortunately because If they did they would have been able to rule me out a long time ago!

Do you know if they have any info from the cartridges, like firing pin impressions or type of cartridge/gun? Anything else?

Do you know if they have any info from the cartridges, like firing pin impressions or type of cartridge/gun? Anything else?

I know they have the ability to test shotguns and see if they were the weapon used that day. They also seem to be searching for a very specific kind of cartridge that was used. I’m not sure what kind their specifically looking for.

Shotguns - Gun | Laws.com

The above link explains there are only four types of shotgun.

The one used here had five shots and four cartridges found suggesting it was automatic. A shotgun killing is fairly unusual the link infers. Also, if it was an automatic shotgun, the article implies these are usually only in the possession of the military and LE.

Shotguns - Gun | Laws.com
The above link explains there are only four types of shotgun.
The one used here had five shots and four cartridges found suggesting it was automatic. A shotgun killing is fairly unusual the link infers. Also, if it was an automatic shotgun, the article implies these are usually only in the possession of the military and LE.

Many pump-action shotguns come with 5-round magazines, including my Mossberg.

Mossberg® 500 Pump-Action Shotgun Field/Deer Combo : Cabela's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member