GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cluciano, he said "voluntarily missing" several, several times =P

The one thing that stuck out to me while he was talking was how caught off guard he was when a reporter asked if any problems in marriage. He paused and said "That's a possibility". The way he answered it was different than other answers.

I did not hear "involuntarily missing" at any point =(

When I say he contradicted, I mean he said in the beginning that they thought they had a voluntary missing person at first and now doesn't know. I guess they have to say that for legal reasons?

I don't understand why they keep saying they think she is alive. I mean it is good to always have hope I am not saying that. They seem to be focused on the fact that she is alive here and I think they should be focused on both. I think she was abducted by someone she knew or someone who had been watching her. I think the person made, forced, or threatened to her get her to leave. This makes most sense as to why the struggle would NOT be in the house. If it was someone she knew or had been watching her they would know she had a husband and kids. If it was someone she knew they could have been like "Hey Amy you want to go for a ride with me? I need to pick some things up in town and was wondering if you would want to tag along so I don't have to go alone." to get her to leave.

If it was someone she did NOT know they could have forced her out of there with a gun and threatened her to get her to leave to do the deeds at another location. JMO

So they are saying "voluntary missing"? Or not? How confusing.
I thought they had a good lead yesterday-maybe it is the cousin, that is the only thing they would not comment on...but then he is available, so she did not run off with him apparently...
I can kind of see why she might take off...it sounds as though she was very isolated. No matter what anyone thinks about not having a computer or cell phone or car, these days you are isolated without them.

Honestly, I don't think they have a clue as to weather she left on her own or something bad happened. As for the NO COMPUTER comment, he said the family doesn't have a computer in the house but they are getting phone records and email accts, I found that odd since they don't have a computer and then later on he said that she did have access to a computer, but it's not in the house. I"m thinking either her parents who live close or a library or coffee shop or something. Just thinking out loud.

Okay =) Sorry it's jumbled. Was literally typing as he spoke. I can't udnerstand why he keeps emphasizing "VOLUNTARY" missing person and then contradicted himself earlier.

You did a great job. Thank you so much!

Cluciano, he said "voluntarily missing" several, several times =P

The one thing that stuck out to me while he was talking was how caught off guard he was when a reporter asked if any problems in marriage. He paused and said "That's a possibility". The way he answered it was different than other answers.

I did not hear "involuntarily missing" at any point =(

No all I heard was voluntary missing....no car, no cell, no computer, no job....kinda cut off from the world. And that is the way some controlling people like to keep those closest to them....JMO

They pretty much always say the missing person is alive until they have real evidence otherwise. Doesn't mean they aren't looking at all possibilities, that's just the way they frame it. May help to keep people looking for the missing person in case they are alive. and also it's important for the family and loved ones to still hold on to that hope and not hear dire stuff from LE.

Yeah I get you. I just think it is weird they aren't at least considering that what I have stated above. The fact that there are young kids who don't understand what is going on it could be giving them false hope.

Yeah I get you. I just think it is weird they aren't at least considering that what I have stated above. The fact that there are young kids who don't understand what is going on it could be giving them false hope.

The last thing they want is for the kids to hear that she might be dead unless there is evidence of that. That would be to cruel if it wasn't true.

Of course they are going to give the kids hope and pray it isn't a false hope but until something is known "alive" will be the public story.

She was home alone all day with no car and no computer and not many neighbors. And the husband feels the need to keep really close tabs on her. Sounds awfully claustrophobic. I might take off too.

I'd like to know why she stopped working. Was she laid off? Because I can't imagine the husband is making tons of money as a welder -- most families these days can use an extra income, and the kids are in school.

I'm seeing some teensy weensy red flags -- left a very social, flirty job (waitress), no computer (where you could meet other men), very pretty wife, average looking husband... this could all be totally coincidental, and this is total speculation here, but these could be signs of a possessive, insecure husband. Which could point to her leaving in exasperation, or to something more sinister.

JMHO

from what I heard (correct me if i'm wrong for those who listened) they had 1 working car. So maybe there is a 2nd car but its out of commission right now. I know 1st hand that you have to sacrifice stuff when the family decides to have a stay at home parent. I do have to say though ( I"m a stay at home) that with kids that age (8 and 10) I would go crazy not having some kind of ability to get out and do things. I could understand if they were younger but you can only keep yourself busy for so long and they're in school all day. IMO

The press conference guy said her and James decided she would quit working to focus on being home with the kids.

I believe he also said they were going to hold off on giving James a polygraph even though James asked for one.

Red flag to me is the front door being locked but back door being unlocked. What the heck is up with that?

My front door is always locked, it's the front of our house, and the other side from our driveway. We never use it except to get the mail. Our side door / and back door are the ones we use and leave unlocked if we are out and about.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not as I am reading backwards on this thread today, I was wondering if the childrens bus driver had seen her in the morning, as I recall the earlier news her husband stated she wouldn't not be there for her boys getting off the bus after school. (paraphrased by me).

Have we heard of anyone other then the husband seeing her...It just puzzles me as her last time seen was 7:30am, what time do her boys catch their bus for school.

Sorry if this has been discussed already...

I keep wondering about her going out to the mailbox or something, either to collect mail or put something out for mail pick up. Someone drives up and asks for directions or who knows what. Coat and shoes on, back door unlocked, no purse missing........

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not as I am reading backwards on this thread today, I was wondering if the childrens bus driver had seen her in the morning, as I recall the earlier news her husband stated she wouldn't not be there for her boys getting off the bus after school. (paraphrased by me).

Have we heard of anyone other then the husband seeing her...It just puzzles me as her last time seen was 7:30am, what time do her boys catch their bus for school.

Sorry if this has been discussed already...

someone said 7:20 for the kids a few pages back I believe

from what I heard (correct me if i'm wrong for those who listened) they had 1 working car. So maybe there is a 2nd car but its out of commission right now. I know 1st hand that you have to sacrifice stuff when the family decides to have a stay at home parent. I do have to say though ( I"m a stay at home) that with kids that age (8 and 10) I would go crazy not having some kind of ability to get out and do things. I could understand if they were younger but you can only keep yourself busy for so long and they're in school all day. IMO

When we had only one car, I'd drive spouse to work on days when I needed to run errands, get groceries, take kids to doctors, etc.

But it does sound like they normally have two cars and the other one was out of commission at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa