GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

How could she not know anything? She was married to him when he kidnapped and attempted to rape a teenager. She was married to him while he was previously incarcerated. She was married to him when he was on parole. Did she think multiple people had it out for him, made things up and fooled juries?

She bore him a child after he had murdered and attempted to rape a teen. Iiuc their bio child was born while he was on parole, no?

Things that couldn't or didn't make sense back then might be clicking for her now. She needs to give every detail of what she remembers to the police, for BOTH of her daughters.

It's too bad Andria did not know to report the molestation to DB's parole officer. Though, none of us would have at 14. I guess the authorities Andria reported this too were unaware DB was on parole?

Does anyone have any additional information about the digging going on at Dennis Bowman's home? Is the home they are digging at where Aundria resided before her disappearance?

I can answer that. Aundria lived on the corner of Lincoln Road (State Hwy M-40) and 52nd Street at the time of her disappearance. However, the Bowmans had already purchased the property on 136th Avenue in Monterrey Township prior to her disappearance. The home was under construction at that time, and that is the same property that was searched Friday morning.

The house on Lincoln Road was torn down in 2007, and is now mostly a vacant lot covered by grass and a couple of trees. On one side of the property, a small produce stand was built, but that stand is no longer in business.

Last edited:
How could she not know anything? She was married to him when he kidnapped and attempted to rape a teenager. She was married to him while he was previously incarcerated. She was married to him when he was on parole. Did she think multiple people had it out for him, made things up and fooled juries?

She has been willfully blind for the 48 years that they have been married.

I spoke to her in 2013 at the Missing in Michigan held in East Lansing. I asked her "What are we supposed to think, when we see his criminal record?"

Her response was these exact words:
"I haven't forgotten what he did, but I forgive him. I take my marriage vows seriously."

Cubby, you're right, it was the bomb squad. Neighbors posted to Alexis page but Cathy was told no according to her reply to the neighbors

She has been willfully blind for the 48 years that they have been married.

I spoke to her in 2013 at the Missing in Michigan held in East Lansing. I asked her "What are we supposed to think, when we see his criminal record?"

Her response was these exact words:
"I haven't forgotten what he did, but I forgive him. I take my marriage vows seriously."

She took her vows serious but he sure didn't.

The bomb squad was mentioned in one of the msm articles. The white van I saw in one of the msm photos had advertising on it. I zoomed in to try and read it and it mentioned something like, we find .... underground. I couldn't find it again when I looked later that morning.

Sad that marriage vows are kept at the expense, rather to the detriment of a woman's children.

While we can't go back in time, and it infuriates me the authorities didn't take Aundria's abuse seriously, VA has the death penalty and it appears the murder allegedly committed by Dennis Bowman meets one of the aggravating factors for the DP.

) The willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing of any person in the commission of, or subsequent to, rape or attempted rape, forcible sodomy or attempted forcible sodomy or object sexual penetration;

Aggravating Factors by State | Death Penalty Information Center

Offer a deal, take the DP off the table in exchange for the truth about what happened to Aundria and the recovery of her remains, if they are recoverable.

As for marriage vows, that's a cop out. Forgiving someone doesn't mean you have to become their enabler. Marriage vows do not supercede protection of one's children. The excuses people will make to take the easy way out rather than do the right thing.

The bomb squad was mentioned in one of the msm articles. The white van I saw in one of the msm photos had advertising on it. I zoomed in to try and read it and it mentioned something like, we find .... underground. I couldn't find it again when I looked later that morning.

Look on Alexis's FB page, neighbors posted pics. They may have one of the van. I can't remember. Been doing as much as I can to help while having a 6 year old and a 2 1/2 year old grand kids here almost every day.

We don't know if Brenda and Vanessa were or weren't suffering some sort of abuse. Its possible they did. She may not have been strong enough to get out of it for a million reasons that I can think of. Some days the grass isn't greener and it's easier to stay in the abuse you can deal with. I put up with verbal abuse for a good 5 years until he raised his hand to my son that wasn't his. Cops removed him.

I know Brenda was the main bread winner for a lot of the marriage and they struggled and I'm sure they still struggled financially after retirement. I'm sure she needed him to care for Vanessa if he wasn't working. Then he probably mellowed with age and they could both deal with how he was then.

I'll be shocked if he was a different person around her

Enjoy your grandkids Roselvr. I appreciate all you do here, no hurry on replying. I will go look again at the FB page, that could very well be where I saw it and just didn't remember. Off to look.....

Thanks Cubby.

Theres only a few articles posted so it's not a lot to look thru. I'm backing up articles in unpublished notes there. We're only posting a few that Cathy or Alexis are mentioned in

Does anyone have any additional information about the digging going on at Dennis Bowman's home? Is the home they are digging at where Aundria resided before her disappearance?
No, Aundria wasn't living at the property where police were searching on the day he was arrested. She was living in an old farm house on the outskirts of Hamilton,MI. when Dennis Bowman reported she has stolen his money and run away. Recently it's been discovered Aundria didn't take her purse or make up. The Bowman's repeatedly said Aundria was acting out bc she learned she was adopted, another recent discovery is Aundria/Alexis always knew she was adopted.

I can answer that. Aundria lived on the corner of Lincoln Road (State Hwy M-40) and 52nd Street at the time of her disappearance. However, the Bowmans had already purchased the property on 136th Avenue in Monterrey Township prior to her disappearance. The home was under construction at that time, and that is the same property that was searched Friday morning.

The house on Lincoln Road was torn down in 2007, and is now mostly a vacant lot covered by grass and a couple of trees. On one side of the property, a small produce stand was built, but that stand is no longer in business.
The house that was searched the day Bowman was arrested wasn't built until 1996, 5 years after Bowman moved himself, Brenda and Vanessa onto the property. I've been told he lived in a trailer in the years before the house was built. Could Alexis/Aundria be buried under that house?

bowman-e1574731402750.png

Dennis Bowman (photo circa 1980)

Dennis Bowman is a 70-year-old Michigan man who is accused in the September 11, 1980 cold case murder of Kathleen O’Brien Doyle. Kathleen Doyle was married to a U.S. Navy pilot. Her husband was deployed at the time of her murder. Her father was an officer in the U.S. Navy.

Lots of info at Link:

Dennis Bowman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

*snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Aundria wasn't living at the property where police were searching on the day he was arrested. She was living in an old farm house on the outskirts of Hamilton,MI. when Dennis Bowman reported she has stolen his money and run away. Recently it's been discovered Aundria didn't take her purse or make up. The Bowman's repeatedly said Aundria was acting out bc she learned she was adopted, another recent discovery is Aundria/Alexis always knew she was adopted.

And how could Alexis not know she was adopted? She looked like no one in either side of the family which I'm sure she could see even as a little girl.

She definitely looks like you and her father.

I think the white van your talking about is "Allegan Command Center" unit. When I was out there taking photos they had the Ground penetrating radar and the cadaver dog out there. I did see them digging behind the trailer though.
Also I was talking to some of the neighbors and they said the Bowmans fight all the time. They hear alot of arguing at their residence. . I will add a few pics of that van.

Attachments

• IMG_2809.JPG
    IMG_2809.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2847.JPG
    IMG_2847.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 45
I think the white van your talking about is "Allegan Command Center" unit. When I was out there taking photos they had the Ground penetrating radar and the cadaver dog out there. I did see them digging behind the trailer though.
Also I was talking to some of the neighbors and they said the Bowmans fight all the time. They hear alot of arguing at their residence. . I will add a few pics of that van.

Thanks so much for joining here to let us know. I'm going to message Cathy with what you said.

I'm not surprised to hear they fought.

Welcome to WS!

The neighbor said that a couple weeks before Dennis was arrested there was screaming and yelling coming from the house and the ambulance showed up. She said Brenda was outside telling them she fell. She also said that she got up one morning and found some beer cans and cigarette butts at the base of a tree near her bedroom window! She thought Dennis had been peeping.. What a creep!
Does anyone have any information about the time he was in the navy? In Virginia? I am trying to create a timeline around the 1976/ 1977 dates as to when he was in Virginia back then. Thank you.

Welcome to WS, ghostz! Thank so much for the pictures.

Good idea about the timeline. I'm sure there are more victims of Dennis Bowman that we don't (yet) know about. Which leads me to wonder, if the VA case was solved by utilizing dna from the genealogical sites, would that mean Dennis's DNA is not yet in Codis? I'm really curious about how that works. Anyone know?

The neighbor said that a couple weeks before Dennis was arrested there was screaming and yelling coming from the house and the ambulance showed up. She said Brenda was outside telling them she fell. She also said that she got up one morning and found some beer cans and cigarette butts at the base of a tree near her bedroom window! She thought Dennis had been peeping.. What a creep!
Does anyone have any information about the time he was in the navy? In Virginia? I am trying to create a timeline around the 1976/ 1977 dates as to when he was in Virginia back then. Thank you.

I believe Cathy and Carl will be posting a timeline shortly. It's being tightened up I believe.

So the neighbor thinks Bowman was peeping in her window? How gross

Welcome to WS, ghostz! Thank so much for the pictures.

Good idea about the timeline. I'm sure there are more victims of Dennis Bowman that we don't (yet) know about. Which leads me to wonder, if the VA case was solved by utilizing dna from the genealogical sites, would that mean Dennis's DNA is not yet in Codis? I'm really curious about how that works. Anyone know?

I'll be shocked if he wasn't matched via "family tree DNA" which is an autosomal DNA test. They used either GEDmatch or FTDNA. Most users at FTDNA don't know LE matching is on by default when you select "family matching" whether done at FTDNA or uploaded from another company. I found it out by accident when I uploaded a family members DNA. I was changing the password when I saw opt in to LE matching was on.

As for CODIS; Dennis is probably there now or will be in the near future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back