Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #3 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, 32, would not discuss Lane or the allegations Friday, but said her daughter loves to dance, is determined and smart.

"She was so focused and wanted to read," Jones said. "She wanted to do everything big people do."

Jones also said Bianca was proud to be potty trained and "would take her pants off to show she was wearing big-girl underwear."

Jones also would not discuss the warrant request.

http://www.freep.com/article/201112...gs-to-hope?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

A good article, lengthy enough to hold people's attention.

Bianca's mother, Banika Jones, 32, would not discuss Lane or the allegations Friday, but said her daughter loves to dance, is determined and smart.

"She was so focused and wanted to read," Jones said. "She wanted to do everything big people do."

Jones also said Bianca was proud to be potty trained and "would take her pants off to show she was wearing big-girl underwear."

Jones also would not discuss the warrant request.

http://www.freep.com/article/201112...gs-to-hope?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

A good article, lengthy enough to hold people's attention.

I believe that the comments about "potty training" began with this article that was posted earlier. It's possible that Bianca was able to go to the potty by herself during the day, but that doesn't mean that she could sleep through the night without a diaper (or wet the bed). Bianca was staying in an unfamiliar home with her father whom she barely knew. There was another two-year-old girl there who was also her own father's child by another mother who is Bianca's daddy's current girlfriend. Does anyone really think that just-turned-two-year-old Bianca would have been able to sleep through the night without a diaper?

My DD was "daytime trained" at 18 months but went to bed with a diaper until she awoke by herself if she needed to use the bathroom - at which time we knew that she was completely toilet-trained. jmo

11:39 PM, Dec. 25, 2011

More than 3 weeks later, Bianca Jones' family clings to hope

Photo gallery at link also.

Fairly long article.

Two things that stand out for me are:

1. "She was so focused and wanted to read," Jones said. "She wanted to do everything big people do."

2. A source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press that Lane's daughter was in the car with Bianca earlier in the day. That daughter told police that Bianca was covered with a blanket and that Lane said the toddler was sleeping and not to wake her, the source said.

BBM
moo

I've never completely potty trained a girl. My oldest daughter was living with her father's family when she potty trained, so they did most of it, and my youngest daughter, well, we're still working on it.

So I don't know alot about girls, but my boys were night and day when it came to potty training. My older son was a trial. SOme days, we wouldn't have a single accident, and other days, he would forget to go, he would wet the bed at nap time and at night, and we were changing pants five or six times a day. My younger son took off his diaper one day, put on a pair of his brother's underwear, and has not had an accident since, even at night.

Even with those two very different experiences, I know that it is extremely unrealistic to expect any child, especially one that has just turned two to just "get it" and never have an accident. Heck, my five year old isn't completely night trained, because sometimes he wets himself in the midst of his night terrors.

If Bianca was killed at the house where the cadaver dogs got hits, her little body still has to be somewhere. Someone knows something about her being taken out of the house and where she was taken, and maybe someone even witnessed her killing but isn't talking. How far away could her body be? There are a lot of people in Detroit and it seems like someone would have seen Lane doing something out of the ordinary. How far is Belle Isle from where Lane lived. If he disposed of Bianca before the morning he claimed he was carjacked, there is a lot of water and tall grassy areas on Belle Isle where a body could be dumped or hidden. It wouldn't be too busy late at night or early in the morning, especially while its still dark. What about all the empty warehouses and buildings with broken out windows around Mexicantown. How far away is that? Down past Clark Park? Where all the junkyards are. If Lane had enough time to drive a ways, there are so many places a body could be hidden.

Waaaaay back on Dec 12 Jan wrote this. I have been sitting here tonight with a map and a timeline and I feel like the police need to (if they haven't) look on Belle Isle. Maybe he's sticking to his story because he knows Bianca is nowhere near where they've been looking. I'm not a psychic or anything, I just feel like he knows she is nowhere near the places they're looking.

A source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press that Lane's daughter was in the car with Bianca earlier in the day. That daughter told police that Bianca was covered with a blanket and that Lane said the toddler was sleeping and not to wake her, the source said

http://www.freep.com/article/20111226/NEWS01/112260354/More-than-3-weeks-later-Bianca-Jones-family-clings-to-hope?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Interesting the younger childs account completely contradicts what the 15 year old nephew said. We all know the old saying, how young children are brutally honest.

I suspected the 15 year olds account of Bianca being awake and well was fiction. Likely pushed/forced upon him by his uncle and his mother, whom I believe is DL's sister.

I believe the younger childs statement over the 15 year olds statement.

JMO

Where is Bianca?

There is still a $25,000 reward for information on Bianca's disappearance.

Tip line 1-800-SPEAK UP

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

This case has not been solved.
Bianca has not been found.
No one has been arrested.
The person or persons responsible have not been held accountable.

Be an angel this holiday season and call with any information which may help find Bianca and bring her justice!

I may have said this earlier but I don't believe I've ever heard of LE issuing a request for an arrest warrant and not getting it for days or weeks. Seems to me that if they had enough evidence to make a request, a judge would sign it and it would be a done deal. I've heard of them signing warrants on weekends and holidays around my area. This is just strange to me. Most LE like to have the element of surprise, and this is just letting him know he's on their radar. If this is a strategy of some kind, I don't think it's very smart, he could take off for parts unknown and they'd never find him.

Waaaaay back on Dec 12 Jan wrote this. I have been sitting here tonight with a map and a timeline and I feel like the police need to (if they haven't) look on Belle Isle. Maybe he's sticking to his story because he knows Bianca is nowhere near where they've been looking. I'm not a psychic or anything, I just feel like he knows she is nowhere near the places they're looking.

Don't recall if I mentioned it here or if DH and I talked about it, but closer to the house on Mitchell where D'Andre was staying is the "duck pond" at Palmer Park (Seven Mile/Woodward). My dad used to take us ice skating there during the winter when the pond froze. D'Andre's story about the carjacking and his whereabouts that morning are so convoluted that the guy could have disposed of little Bianca's body just about anywhere! jmo

Where is Bianca?

There is still a $25,000 reward for information on Bianca's disappearance.

Tip line 1-800-SPEAK UP

Tipsters can remain anonymous.

This case has not been solved.
Bianca has not been found.
No one has been arrested.
The person or persons responsible have not been held accountable.

Be an angel this holiday season and call with any information which may help find Bianca and bring her justice!

A source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press that Lane's daughter was in the car with Bianca earlier in the day. That daughter told police that Bianca was covered with a blanket and that Lane said the toddler was sleeping and not to wake her, the source said.

Lane, 32, says he failed a police polygraph test, but blames that on his thoughts about Bianca and the carjacking. He insists he had nothing to do with her disappearance and has called for her safe return. His attorney, Terry Johnson, said the test wasn't conducted properly.

Police have searched Lane's home in the city's north end several times.

The source told the Free Press that a cadaver dog was taken to the house and alerted its handler to spots in a bedroom, in Lane's car and on Bianca's car seat and her blanket.

Police have submitted a warrant request to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, but neither will say who the target is or what charges are being sought.

A source familiar with the investigation told the Free Press that Lane's daughter was in the car with Bianca earlier in the day. That daughter told police that Bianca was covered with a blanket and that Lane said the toddler was sleeping and not to wake her, the source said.

Lane, 32, says he failed a police polygraph test, but blames that on his thoughts about Bianca and the carjacking. He insists he had nothing to do with her disappearance and has called for her safe return. His attorney, Terry Johnson, said the test wasn't conducted properly.

The source told the Free Press that a cadaver dog was taken to the house and alerted its handler to spots in a bedroom, in Lane's car and on Bianca's car seat and her blanket.

Police have submitted a warrant request to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, but neither will say who the target is or what charges are being sought.

Thanks Tlcox! These are all the points that stuck out to me. I tried to post them, but lost them in cyberspace!

So it is possible that..we were on point with this....so the nephew who claimed she was all smiles..or something like that...was in fact not being truthful.. all along some of us felt perhaps, she was dead when he pretended, to take her on errnads or home or whatever he was talking about....

And then you have to change the sheets, do a washing--that costs money at the laundromat...and if the accident seeps through to the bed, it ruins the bed....I bet he was really angry. As far as expecting a 24-month old to go all night without diapers, you'd think he'd know something about children's development after having 7 kids.:waitasec:

I figured at the beginning it all revolved around potty training because in one interview at the beginning he was talking about how smart and communicative she was, and how well "trained", without specifying potty training. Sort of an odd and out-of-synch word to use, as if she were an animal.

God forbid...he should have to endure the rigors of parenting...*big eye roll*
honestly if all this was so much on "his highness"..why in the hell did he keep her all that time? Surely just turning two wasn't without it's challenges..he had to be "overwhelmed" which no doubt in my mind..led to her death by his hands.

So it is possible that..we were on point with this....so the nephew who claimed she was all smiles..or something like that...was in fact not being truthful.. all along some of us felt perhaps, she was dead when he pretended, to take her on errnads or home or whatever he was talking about....

The nephew was likely coached by D'Andre and/or his mother to stick with a story that was fabricated by one or both of the adults. Nephew might know about DL's temper and didn't want to go against his uncle out of fear for his own safety. I think D'Andre is used to having folks cover his :butthead: jmo

The nephew was likely coached by D'Andre and/or his mother to stick with a story that was fabricated by one or both of the adults. Nephew might know about DL's temper and didn't want to go against his uncle out of fear for his own safety. I think D'Andre is used to having folks cover his :butthead: jmo

Or people believing his fantastical cover his :butthead: stories.

I said it previously and I'll say it again, when all is said and done in this case, I will be very surprised if only one person is arrested, charged and convicted. There are already too many possibilities for accessories, who will likely face charges and do time if they don't come forward with the truth soon.

jmo

True about DL being used to having people cover for him.

I recall the nephew saying that Bianca smiled at him when he was on the couch, nothing about when they were in the car. The reporter asked him how she behaved, was she normal, and the teen said, 'she was good, she was normal'. That might have been the case when he was on the couch, but if you recall, it was reported here that DL carried Bianca out to the car. I remember several here wondering why a two-year-old could not walk on her own. Maybe something happened as they prepared to leave the house. Were the other kids waiting in the car? Were they picked up later? That would explain cadaver dogs hitting in the house and in the car.

I still think the kids told what they believed to be true. If DL said she was asleep, they may have believed it, but if he told them to outright lie for him, I think it would be very obvious to LE.

I'm just sayin' ... :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member