MI MI - Bigfoot KILLINGS, Detroit, 1975

• Thread starter Deleted member 185742
  • Start date
Wait okay, I just saw those victim names. This is really helpful.
Would be very interested in what you can find in the records hunt MAP1994! I want to do a episode on this case but the lack of information makes things very difficult.

For those asking about a victims list, sadly a complete one seems to never have been released. I do have a newspapers subscription however and searching the articles, here is what I've been able to piece together:

1. Unknown, found April 24 1975
  2. Unknown
  3. Unknown
  4. Regina Foshee, 19yo, found May 1 1975 strangled in abandoned home.
  5. Naomi Hall, 22yo, found May 3 1975 beaten to death in a motel room.
  6. Eoria Char Dick, 22yo, Caucasian, found June 13th, 1975 behind JL Hudson Co warehouse.
    1. She died of 9 stab wounds in her right side of her chest, 13 to her left which punctured her lungs and heart. The coroner also noted that there was mutilation to her breasts, noting “the wounds of the chest and abdomen indicate torture.
  7. Andra Lynn Coxton (or Cox as some papers note), 22yo, found July 13 1975
    1. Part time prostitute found strangled in abandoned restaurant.
  8. Jane Doe, 20s, African-American - Found sometime between vic #7 and July 28 1975.
  9. Dorothy Holmes - raped, sodomized strangled
  10. Julie Brown - raped, sodomized strangled
I think it would be great if someone could get a FOI on this case that we could at least get victims information and any photos of them. How utterly sad that there is nothing out there for any of them.

Sources: bigfoot means death terror - Newspapers.com

Regina Foshee's mother sued the city for wrongful death. No surprise, she didn't win but an appeal to the Supreme Court found that it should go to trial again. I couldn't find anything mentioning another trial though.

I think the victims were as follows:

1. Valinda Brown. I don’t know how old she was. Killed on or about February 16, 1975.
2. Julie Brown, 16. Killed on or about April 24 or 25 (sources vary on the date), 1975.
3. Regina Foshee, 19. Killed on or about May 1, 1975.
4. Naomi Hall, 22. Killed on or about May 3, 1975.
5. Eoria Dick, 22. Killed on or about June 13, 1975.
6. Andrea Coxton, 22. Killed on or about July 13, 1975.
7. Dorothy Holmes. I don’t know how old she was. Killed on or about October 19 or 20 (sources vary on the date), 1975.

1. Valinda Brown. I don’t know how old she was. Killed on or about February 16, 1975.
2. Julie Brown, 16. Killed on or about April 24 or 25 (sources vary on the date), 1975.
7. Dorothy Holmes. I don’t know how old she was. Killed on or about October 19 or 20 (sources vary on the date), 1975.
Much better list! I've had a chance to do some more research and found some more information on the Jane Doe noted.

She was found further north than the rest near Cardoni ave and Woodward Ave (no longer exists, but it seems like it would have been in Highland Park). She was identified about a month later as 15 year old Wenda Kerley, who was a foster child.

Attachments

• Detroit_bigfoot_Jane_Doe.jpg
    Detroit_bigfoot_Jane_Doe.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Detroit_bigfoot_jane_doe_id_d.jpg
    Detroit_bigfoot_jane_doe_id_d.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 4

Apparently, Dorothy Holmes was actually 43 years old. Strange. I thought his victims were only as old as 22?

I still haven’t found anything about Valinda Brown’s age. If somebody can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Did they ever say who Carl Mayweather Jr's father actually was? I only know that he came from a family that was well off at the time. He had previous cases that he was let off easy on, as well? I think there is more to this and there are ties specifically to other things that were happening in this state in the 1970's. Well, it was happening all over, of course, but Michigan was a major player.

Victim, Regina Foshee (mentioned in report above) is also named in this article from 1980... as well as "... Detroit's "Bigfoot" prostitute killer in 1975, who was never caught, reflect not so much society's attitude toward prostitutes or women In general but instead... '

Detroit Free Press from Detroit, Michigan on November 17, 1980 · Page 46

Jan 1976 (*note the BBM part ) Did they have a possible suspect??

"Mayweathcr may have been involved. ASKED SPECIFICALLY if Mayweathcr is the person tagged as Bigfoot for some or all of the seven rape-murders in the Cass Corridor last year, Tannian said, "We're not prepared at this point to make that absolute statement." Maywealher faces examination Feb. 6 in River Rouge and Feb. 9 in Detroit. Carl R. Mayweather Sr., the suspect's father, said Thursday that his son is innocent. "He's got girlfriends, so many girlfriends that he can't keep up with them. He doesn't need to go out and rape women." - The elder Mayweather, who lives on a cattle ranch he runs in Belleville, said his son left work at 9:10 p.m. Tuesday and he didn't think his son had time to commit the rape in Jail Inmate Hangs Self An 18-year-old prisoner was found hanged late Thursday night in his cell in the Wayne County Jail. Steve Alicia, who livod on Detroit's west side, was found dead by Deputy William Biakey as he was making a routine check of cells at 11:07 p.m. Lt. Eugene O'Grady, in charge of the midnight shift, said Alicia was hanging from the cell door by a bedsheet. Alicia was taken to Detroit General Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival. O'Grady said he assumed the cell previously had been checked no later than 10:30 p.m. Normally the cells are checked about every half-hour, O'Grady said. Alicia was in the cell alone. He had been in jail since Dec. 19 awaiting trial on an armed robbery charge. MORE regular llavors! More diet flavors! And, Towne Club costs about HALF THE PRICE! rrs River Rouge. His-son is a vice-president in the family moving business, May weather's Mov- I ing & Delivery Co.. 7(542 W. McNichols, the father said. j "The younger Maj wether was arrested on a rape charge j II years ago and pleaded j guilty to a lesser offense in the : case, indecent liberties with a minor female, in July lilfil. He 1 received two year's probation ; and a $.10 fine. I The man known as Bigfoot I in the Cass Corridor chose j prostitutes as victims for rape and sometimes murder. Scien- tific methods will be used in ' an attempt to link the rape- I murders to Mayweather,... "

Detroit Free Press from Detroit, Michigan on January 30, 1976 · Page 8
I was unable to access the pages myself because they require a subscription, although it is free, it is only for seven days:(. So this is what @fred&edna posted previously. Hope this helps @Passion4RealJustice

In 1977, Clara Foshee, a relative and administrator of Regina Foshee's estate sued the City of Detroit for negligence in Regina's murder. She initially lost the case, but appealed. Here is the appeal decision:

Here is a Detroit Newspaper article on Regina's murder:

Last edited:
Nina, my YouTube is down atm but if you would like the video I did on the case with footage of the murder locations let me know and I'd be happy to send it to you. Can't wait to hear your episode on this one!
one of the things I found frustrating is how many of the locations no longer exist! It's spooky

Still hoping that someone here has Valinda Brown’s age. And Nina, I will absolutely watch that episode.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back