Identified! MI - Buena Vista Twp., Skeletal in 1970s Car in Pond near I-75, Aug'17 Julius Colwye

I'll relate this personal story again for the sake of making a point relative to these types of cases.

My cousin Lenny would be a MP to this day had a woman not been letting her dogs out late at night when he inadvertently drove down a boat ramp he had mistaken for a two-lane road. She heard the splash of his car and called the police. His car drifted far out into the reservoir and while he got out of the car, he drowned. Because he was lost at the time- we would NEVER have known where to even look for him (he was on his way home from an out of state conference and got turned around at a middle-of-nowhere gas station trying to get back to the interstate.)

I am CONVINCED that there are possibly hundreds of MPs and their vehicles in bodies of water around this country.
I totally agree with you. I think that's where we'll eventually find most of the people who disappeared with cars.

When I was working, we had a guy slam into the loading dock at the back of the building and nearly kill himself. Turned out he was having an epileptic episode and had focused on the side of the road, making only right turns. So he pulled off the highway, turned right at the end of the ramp, turned right at the traffic light at the entrance to the industrial park, followed the diveway all around the building. There for some reason he turned left. If he had continued right, he would have gone into our firefighting pond, which didn't have any surveillance cameras. He could well have been another mysteriously missing person.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

The only one I found from 1984 was David Cunningham from Georgia. His Buick was a bit older than what this was estimated though.

Other possibilities: Sylvia McElroy, 1987, last seen getting into a 70's Buick: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3526dfil.html

David Cunningham, missing 1984, last seen driving 1976 Buick: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1050dmga.html

That's all from Doenet. Heading over to Charley Project.

David Cunningham is the only one listed in this thread so far that disappeared in 1984. However, Namus says he was driving a yellow 1976 Buick Century Coupe.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2824/

The only one I found from 1984 was David Cunningham from Georgia. His Buick was a bit older than what this was estimated though.

Sorry, didn't see this when I posted.

Sorry, didn't see this when I posted.
No problem.

There could be others. I only had time to search for people missing in association with missing Buicks.

I'm guessing either he had ID with him, or they traced the license plate.

Just read about this on facebook too, so glad to see here that he has been identified!

Here's some info on where it was found:

pondpng-43eafeaa320deeee.png

The man-made, 20-foot-deep pond is located in Saginaw County's Buena Vista Township and positioned between I-75 and Saginaw Auto Recyclers. It is property of MDOT through right of way. The pond was created sometime during the construction of the nearby Zilwaukee Bridge. That time frame places the pond as being built between 1979 and 1988. The pond is fenced off and features no trespassing signs, but that only does so much. The barrel removal process was sparked by a trespasser phoning MDOT to alert them of the objects.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2017/08/what_we_know_so_far_about_huma.html

He has been missing since 1984, hmm. Wonder who. Also, since we have access to drones now, can't those be used to film areas over large bodies of water to see if there are any vehicles submerged? So many people go missing with their vehicle never being found.

Robert Crook is exactly who i was thinking is in the car. Hopefully we hear who it is soon!

Neighbors say the Buena Vista Township man just disappeared one day in October of 1984.

Everyone we talked to referred to the man as Pete, which is not his given name, and one man we spoke with Thursday says he remembers another strange occurrence around the time of Pete's disappearance.

“Pete was a helluva nice guy, a good-hearted fellow … he kind of put you in mind of Santa Claus,” said Robert Porter.

Porter says ‘Pete’, or ‘Mr. Pete’, lived on 24th Street in Buena Vista Township.

One neighbor who didn't want to be identified remembers what happened nearly 33 years ago.

“I remember Oct. 1 or third, he disappeared,” she said.

She says as soon as her family saw news coverage of the car being pulled out of a Buena Vista Township pond on Tuesday afternoon, they all said, “that's Pete's car.”

“He was a real nice man, he took time with the little kids,” she said.

Police are not confirming the identity of the remains found in the car, as forensic testing has not been completed, and we are not releasing the possible victim's full name.

Neighbors say he was 62 years old at the time of the disappearance. He had recently retired from General Motors when he vanished.

“Him and my dad used to work at Malleable Iron many, many years ago,” Porter said.
http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Body-found-in-car-submerged-in-pond-near-I-75-440581633.html

If this is the man that they are mentioning, sad that no one reported him missing.

I heard back from the detective this morning and he confirmed that it's a local.

-227a4ae5e457cb5e.JPG

It was in the fall of 1984 when Marcel Colwye last saw his grandfather. He was reported missing on Oct. 3 of that year. Colwye was 6.

Julius "Pete" Colwye, 62, was last seen in the 2000 block of Lapeer on Oct. 1, 1984, by a friend, according to articles from The Saginaw News archives from Jan. 16, 1985.

"They found some personal belongings in the vehicle," Colwye said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2017/08/family_claims_remains_in_subme.html

If this is the man that they are mentioning, sad that no one reported him missing.

Yeah. How many other people are out there not reported? Ridiculous.. I wonder why James "Jimmy" Riddle Hoffa is not listed in NamUs database? Well, at least I couldn't find him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back