GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seekay, why, thank you for your contribution. I can tell this means a lot to you, in just four posts and so much to say. You sound local and touched by the case, relative to others in the mix, but that just may be my ear.

I tend not to wonder about the victims sexual background as germane to their being raped and killed by mindless beasts parading as humans. Our young lady Chelsea here, if anything about her drew the perp/s to her, there is nothing to indicate in her background that she was anything but a very well raised good Christian girl who exuded sweetness, kindness, humor, gentleness and innocence.

It's too late in the game for some ideas. A prayer of sorts for Chelsea.

Lol forager. : )
Yes BDE, the Bieber doo is a modified hybrid of Beatles & Beachboy doo.
My guess on the Perps are they are mid to late 30s, skinhead ex cons.
Their sons could have been the procurement tool.
Truly just a guess.

Does Justin Bieber have an alibi?

Not in relation to any recent conversation but today I drove 275 and will Carleton and then to Newport to a family members house. From Briar hill and will Carleton east to telegraph there weren't street lights. I remember driving this road before at night and recalled how dark it was but I thought maybe I just forgot about the lights. I made sure to take notice today and checked that there weren't any on the poles. Also Briar Hill rd was not as close to 275 and I recalled. I know we have the map to look at but actually driving it yourself gives you more of a real feel of distance.

Then I paid attention to how long it took me to get from that location to the flat rock area. It leads me to further believe that the train tracks would have been a much easier and faster way if they were traveling to or from whatever site to get to the other (especially at night with no lights).
But at the same time I thought that these two events did not occur on the same night. It's hard to explain my thinking but it just seems out of the way to travel to these locations from each other and the party... When you are actually driving it yourself like I was today in the area. Unless of course, one had a reason to travel towards one or the other. For example, driving to the field location to a house/ place to crash for the night or to where the body was found and then continuing on to wherever. Or the body was left and the clothes disposed of at another point in time like we have discussed before. Like LE said someone knew the area well to choose these spots because someone not from the area I don't think would just randomly end up at these two spots given the routes you would have to take to get to each.

Again I know we have talked about this a lot in the past few weeks but as I drove it today, it made me start to think again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in relation to any recent conversation but today I drove 275 and will Carleton and then to Newport to a family members house. From Briar hill and will Carleton east to telegraph there weren't street lights. I remember driving this road before at night and recalled how dark it was but I thought maybe I just forgot about the lights. I made sure to take notice today and checked that there weren't any on the poles. Also Briar Hill rd was not as close to 275 and I recalled. I know we have the map to look at but actually driving it yourself gives you more of a real feel of distance.

Then I paid attention to how long it took me to get from that location to the flat rock area. It leads me to further believe that the train tracks would have been a much easier and faster way if they were traveling to or from whatever site to get to the other (especially at night with no lights).
But at the same time I thought that these two events did not occur on the same night. It's hard to explain my thinking but it just seems out of the way to travel to these locations from each other and the party... When you are actually driving it yourself like I was today in the area. Unless of course, one had a reason to travel towards one or the other. For example, driving to the field location to a house/ place to crash for the night or to where the body was found and then continuing on to wherever. Or the body was left and the clothes disposed of at another point in time like we have discussed before. Like LE said someone knew the area well to choose these spots because someone not from the area I don't think would just randomly end up at these two spots given the routes you would have to take to get to each.

Again I know we have talked about this a lot in the past few weeks but as I drove it today, it made me start to think again.

This is excellent of you to do, consider and to share with us. I've been wondering about the same thing if both sights were at issue on one night. I think if it did happen in one night, the tracks are key to the perp/s confidence and the levels of risk they were willing to take. Even if both site weren't visited the same night, the track tie them and Maybee together. But the idea of hunkering down and moving around the next day is compelling for a number of reasons. The area around BM's bash offers a lot of isolation at night. Perhaps where Chelsea was found and where her clothes were found indicated that the perp/s may have had concerns of being seen coming and going during daylight as well.
What you've shared is very interesting and thought provoking, thank you, monster12.

Seekay, why, thank you for your contribution. I can tell this means a lot to you, in just four posts and so much to say. You sound local and touched by the case, relative to others in the mix, but that just may be my ear.

I tend not to wonder about the victims sexual background as germane to their being raped and killed by mindless beasts parading as humans. Our young lady Chelsea here, if anything about her drew the perp/s to her, there is nothing to indicate in her background that she was anything but a very well raised good Christian girl who exuded sweetness, kindness, humor, gentleness and innocence.

It's too late in the game for some ideas. A prayer of sorts for Chelsea.

Beautifully said FindHG. Our dear Chelsea...who captured our hearts.

Long time reader and lurker, have followed Julia's case, too.

The two separate fires--a barn with truck and ATV, and a house--need clarified for me. Who owned those properties? Any connection at all to any poi or concert-goer? The fires are a bit troubling to me, as I don't know details, and the timing feels suspect to me.

Also, the fires were at the southwest end of a line that has the costume at the northeast end, and that feels like a conscious effort to put some distance between the fires and the costume.

Again, I don't know names of landowners and full names of poi's and poi's' mothers' maiden names and am not very conversant with web searches, but the fire thing--especially since there is talk the costume was singed (?), burned (?)--feels hinky to me.

JMO.

Long time reader and lurker, have followed Julia's case, too.

The two separate fires--a barn with truck and ATV, and a house--need clarified for me. Who owned those properties? Any connection at all to any poi or concert-goer? The fires are a bit troubling to me, as I don't know details, and the timing feels suspect to me.

Also, the fires were at the southwest end of a line that has the costume at the northeast end, and that feels like a conscious effort to put some distance between the fires and the costume.

Again, I don't know names of landowners and full names of poi's and poi's' mothers' maiden names and am not very conversant with web searches, but the fire thing--especially since there is talk the costume was singed (?), burned (?)--feels hinky to me.

JMO.

You'll have to delve beyond the land TOS on your own for the information, but these are MSM cited incidents.

Thanks, Monster 12 for your insights. On Friday afternoon, I finally drove on Briar Hill Rd. and Newburg Rd. Saw the flowers/shrine by the road and the wooden post gate with a large Keep Out sign at the property where Chelsea was found. Very, very sad to see the area. Some random thoughts: many large, beautiful homes in the general area. It is slightly rolling, not flat and actually a very pretty area. I noticed the rr tracks heading off Briar Hill toward where Chelsea was found and the area beside it looked smooth, wide and easily accessible, just like the pictures of the day she was found with the detectives. I did notice along Newburg Rd. the ground by the rr tracks is more slanting and has more stones on the side. Not as good driving right there by those tracks. The area is isolated but there are still homes around, although early morning most people were sleeping. It would be so dark to drive without lights on and it would look strange to see a car with lights driving by the tracks. There are people who work nights, come home late from parties, etc. Newburg Rd. is a 'washboard' road, really rough as it is dirt and so many holes, low areas that it is very hard to drive and one can only go slowly.

Another item of interest. I spoke with a friend who lives near the intersection of Newburg and Grafton Rd. She used to take her dog for walks down Newburg and close to the area where Chelsea was found. A couple years ago or so she said she felt uncomfortable as she noticed more cars and people she didn't recognize, who looked 'unsavory' on the roads. When I pressed her why 'unsavory', she couldn't say why. She said she felt creeped out and decided she shouldn't walk that way any more and started going to the Willow Metro Park, where she felt safer. I thought about the possible fighting among the boys from the school, etc. in the area possible being back in there.

I asked another friend who has a friend who lives two homes away from the party on Post Rd. about the noise and crowds, etc. attending parties there and did the neighbors complain. She said not really as the party was out far enough from the road and other than parking, and increased traffic, there were no major concerns. I would say neighbors were quite tolerant.

My other friend who lives close to the site where Chelsea was found told me not to play detective (I was asking her a lot of questions), as she and her husband are friends of the Sheriff and have complete confidence in him and the department. They will find who did this. I was encouraged by her remarks.

All of these items don't really help but I wanted to share.

Thanks, Monster 12 for your insights. On Friday afternoon, I finally drove on Briar Hill Rd. and Newburg Rd. Saw the flowers/shrine by the road and the wooden post gate with a large Keep Out sign at the property where Chelsea was found. Very, very sad to see the area. Some random thoughts: many large, beautiful homes in the general area. It is slightly rolling, not flat and actually a very pretty area. I noticed the rr tracks heading off Briar Hill toward where Chelsea was found and the area beside it looked smooth, wide and easily accessible, just like the pictures of the day she was found with the detectives. I did notice along Newburg Rd. the ground by the rr tracks is more slanting and has more stones on the side. Not as good driving right there by those tracks. The area is isolated but there are still homes around, although early morning most people were sleeping. It would be so dark to drive without lights on and it would look strange to see a car with lights driving by the tracks. There are people who work nights, come home late from parties, etc. Newburg Rd. is a 'washboard' road, really rough as it is dirt and so many holes, low areas that it is very hard to drive and one can only go slowly.

Another item of interest. I spoke with a friend who lives near the intersection of Newburg and Grafton Rd. She used to take her dog for walks down Newburg and close to the area where Chelsea was found. A couple years ago or so she said she felt uncomfortable as she noticed more cars and people she didn't recognize, who looked 'unsavory' on the roads. When I pressed her why 'unsavory', she couldn't say why. She said she felt creeped out and decided she shouldn't walk that way any more and started going to the Willow Metro Park, where she felt safer. I thought about the possible fighting among the boys from the school, etc. in the area possible being back in there.

I asked another friend who has a friend who lives two homes away from the party on Post Rd. about the noise and crowds, etc. attending parties there and did the neighbors complain. She said not really as the party was out far enough from the road and other than parking, and increased traffic, there were no major concerns. I would say neighbors were quite tolerant.

My other friend who lives close to the site where Chelsea was found told me not to play detective (I was asking her a lot of questions), as she and her husband are friends of the Sheriff and have complete confidence in him and the department. They will find who did this. I was encouraged by her remarks.

All of these items don't really help but I wanted to share.

Wow, Green-Eyed Blonde

That is amazing and such great stuff to read. I'm very grateful to you for this intelligence gathering when it comes down it and am glad you stayed safe. It does help to understand the area much better and what may have been possible, distinctly.

And grateful twice over :)

So let's all focus on the property where the earthly remains were discovered.
Who would be drawn to that spot, and why?
Who knew it was there, and why was that spot chosen in particular?
Who had been there before and why?
The poor owner has been eliminated, so let's focus on others.

Please weigh in. I'll start the list:
Surveyor
Hunter
Hiker
Utility person
Septic tank
Tree cutter
Contractor

What else?

So let's all focus on the property where the earthly remains were discovered.
The poor owner has been eliminated, so let's focus on others.

Surveyor
Hunter
Hiker
Utility person
Septic tank
Tree cutter
Contractor

What else?

It would of interest too to know and something to eliminate, when did the property owner file for construction permits on that land and if it factors in, and could that information have been within the perp/s awareness, then who would have known?

Swan Creek, comes all the way up to near the spot, from around the bash area, so local weekend sports/games-men, are conceivable, besides others who LE may know use an area known for parking and as mentioned by GEB, getting seedy in some spots.

Adding to the list

Railroad worker
Mail, Ups, delivery
Cable installation

rosesfromangels list:

"So let's all focus on the property where the earthly remains were discovered.
The poor owner has been eliminated, so let's focus on others."

Surveyor
Hunter
Hiker
Utility person
Septic tank
Tree cutter
Contractor

[...]

Adding to the list

Railroad worker
Mail, Ups, delivery
Cable installation

What else?

~*~

SRBM

to keep it together.

rosesfromangels list:

Surveyor
Hunter
Hiker
Utility person
Septic tank
Tree cutter
Contractor

[...]

Adding to the list

Railroad worker
Mail, Ups, delivery
Cable installation

What else?

~*~

SRBM

to keep it together.
I am not sure if the list is to establish "logical" persons to be at the site, but during the last PC the sheriff states that the tracks area is a known place for "parking".

I take "parking" to mean, to drink, get high, make out....all things young people would do when they likely still live at home or with family. I am thinking high school, plus it's near a high school if kids would hang out there before or after school.

It could just be the perp was familiar with that location from high school days, I doubt the "No Trespassing" signs or the fact that someone bought the property to begin building was a consideration at the time Chelsea was left there.

We still don't know if the clothes found in Flat Rock, were left there the night of the party or later strewn there. This makes me wonder if the perp may live or drive by the area frequently and noticed the activity of the construction and the clothes being placed where they were to redirect search area.

I guess I am still leaning more towards a younger person with limited mobility or restricted privacy since both locations represent a "hiding" spot to do things they couldn't do out in the open.

Pure Speculation.

I am not sure if the list is to establish "logical" persons to be at the site, but during the last PC the sheriff states that the tracks area is a known place for "parking".

I take "parking" to mean, to drink, get high, make out....all things young people would do when they likely still live at home or with family. I am thinking high school, plus it's near a high school if kids would hang out there before or after school.

It could just be the perp was familiar with that location from high school days, I doubt the "No Trespassing" signs or the fact that someone bought the property to begin building was a consideration at the time Chelsea was left there.

We still don't know if the clothes found in Flat Rock, were left there the night of the party or later strewn there. This makes me wonder if the perp may live or drive by the area frequently and noticed the activity of the construction and the clothes being placed where they were to redirect search area.

I guess I am still leaning more towards a younger person with limited mobility or restricted privacy since both locations represent a "hiding" spot to do things they couldn't do out in the open.

Pure Speculation.

It seems like sound speculation to me, dmc.

rosesfromangels list:

Surveyor
Hunter
Hiker
Utility person
Septic tank
Tree cutter
Contractor

[...]

Adding to the list

Railroad worker
Mail, Ups, delivery
Cable installation

What else?

~*~

SRBM

to keep it together.

How about someone who lives or formally lived in the area. Somebody who has family, or friends there?

It's been four weeks since items believed to belong to Chelsea were sent to MSP Crime Lab for forensic testing. MSP lab is notoriously slow, so there's really no telling how much longer the process could take. I suspect that LE has been diligently continuing their efforts to find Chelsea's killer/s and will be able to make arrest/s as soon as they have the test results.

New to Websleuths here. This case is the one that brought me here. I grew up in Monroe County. Lived there for the majority of my life. I have many friends and most of my family still there. I also have several friends in the Monroe County Sheriff's department, including the lead detective on this case. I have not asked him a single thing about this case out of respect for him and his job. I have talked with him since the presser, but only to tell him that my prayers are with him and his fellow officers, because that can't be an easy part of the job. I have talked to other Sheriff's department members about this though. One thing I'm confident in is that they already have a good idea who the perp is. Nobody from LE has specifically told me this, but it's just the feeling that I have. I will not be the least bit surprised if there is an arrest after the cause of death is released. Since Chelsea has been found there has been, little to no information from LE. There hasn't been any pressure on the public to come forward with information. They mentioned it at the presser, but that is standard protocol. They're never going to say, "Don't call us". I believe this case is all but solved and it will come out in due time. It's possible that they were waiting on the remains before they could make an arrest. There will be justice for Chelsea!!

:welcome: to Websleuths, ChewerD. Glad to have you onboard. I agree that LE is probably awaiting DNA evidence from the items that were forwarded to MSP forensic lab for testing. I expect movement in the case as soon as results are known. Justice for Chelsea and the Bruck family!

New to Websleuths here. This case is the one that brought me here. I grew up in Monroe County. Lived there for the majority of my life. I have many friends and most of my family still there. I also have several friends in the Monroe County Sheriff's department, including the lead detective on this case. I have not asked him a single thing about this case out of respect for him and his job. I have talked with him since the presser, but only to tell him that my prayers are with him and his fellow officers, because that can't be an easy part of the job. I have talked to other Sheriff's department members about this though. One thing I'm confident in is that they already have a good idea who the perp is. Nobody from LE has specifically told me this, but it's just the feeling that I have. I will not be the least bit surprised if there is an arrest after the cause of death is released. Since Chelsea has been found there has been, little to no information from LE. There hasn't been any pressure on the public to come forward with information. They mentioned it at the presser, but that is standard protocol. They're never going to say, "Don't call us". I believe this case is all but solved and it will come out in due time. It's possible that they were waiting on the remains before they could make an arrest. There will be justice for Chelsea!!

:welcome6: ChewerD - thanks for your info. Sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean