GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing today at 2 pm

What should happen today? I've heard that locals wouldn't be surprised if today's hearing was postponed due to the extensiveness I guess of the information in the case. While others hope he just pleads guilty to save the family from reliving details. But I wasn't sure what today's hearing would normally consist of ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through many SM posts last night, I see that many people who know DC believe someone else is involved. They, also, question what car he was in and how he transported CB from one place to another.

What should happen today? I've heard that locals wouldn't be surprised if today's hearing was postponed due to the extensiveness I guess of the information in the case. While others hope he just pleads guilty to save the family from reliving details. But I wasn't sure what today's hearing would normally consist of ?

It is a probable cause hearing

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

...Clay is due back in court at 2 p.m. Thursday for a probable cause conference. A date for his preliminary examination also is expected to be set. Details of the crime and testimony is expected to be part of the preliminary examination.

Clay can choose to waive his right to the preliminary examination...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...utor-dna-links-suspect-brucks-death/87621010/

I know I've probably mentioned this already, but it still is mind boggling to me why I find it so difficult to locate police/crime/court logs for this city. I tried finding information on the May 10th incident that resulted in him having his DNA entered into the database and can find nothing. I feel I can google search anyone from where I live and can find practically anything.
(Does anyone have that police arrest app that I've heard people talking about that shows arrests for the area? Would you be able to go back to a date to check?) wonder who he was with that day?

Why were the charges dismissed for a felony charge? Seems this guy has had more chances than he should've been given, but luckily continued to test his fate which has resulted in this arrest. [emoji57]

...Clay is due back in court at 2 p.m. Thursday for a probable cause conference. A date for his preliminary examination also is expected to be set. Details of the crime and testimony is expected to be part of the preliminary examination.

Clay can choose to waive his right to the preliminary examination...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...utor-dna-links-suspect-brucks-death/87621010/

I know but I meant what sort of info would come out of today or is it not that type of hearing? Will it potentially be as short as Monday's or could we learn more? Not familiar with court unfortunately/fortunately.

A probable cause hearing is an open district court hearing where a judge determines whether or not there is probable cause to believe that the criminal defendant committed the crime that is alleged.

WDIV noon news had report about Chelsea case. Nothing that hasn't already been posted here: DNA found on Chelsea's costume was linked to DAC's DNA taken during arrest for stolen tattoo equipment. Channel 4 will have cameras in courtroom. Check for live stream closer to 2:00PM when hearing begins.

Probable cause hearing Thursday for man charged in Chelsea Bruck's death

Daniel Clay charged with second-degree murder

Posted: 10:37 AM, July 28, 2016

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/probable-cause-hearing-for-man-charged-in-chelsea-bruck-death

Sorry for stupid question but is Michigan on Central or Eastern time

Eastern!

The Help Find Chelsea Bruck facebook group has been shut down, it is not accepting new members and all of the posts in it have had comments disabled/locked. We have the answers we were seeking and it was becoming far too overwhelming to moderate so it just seemed like the best course of action at this time.

Wxyz has also a live link for streaming -www.wxyz.com/live1

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

You guys are the best, I was rushing off of a conference call to try to make it in time and had no idea where to watch! Thanks!

Andrea Peck
‏@AndreaPeck24
Will Periscope from courthouse for Chelsea Bruck case.

Danielle Portteus ‏@DPortteusMNews 3m3 minutes ago
Still waiting for hearing to begin at #Monroemi county courthouse. Room filled with other media.

Judge granting competency review for evaluation of criminal responsibility. Review due September 29th.

Judge granting competency review for evaluation of criminal responsibility. Review due September 29th.

I'm not surprised by this move and predicted there were likely to be a few twists and turns :rolleyes: DC's attorney is going for "the drugs and/or alcohol made him do it" defense. I'm sure the Brucks aren't happy about this :(

His attorney Russell Smith said, Clay has been distraught and in confinement. He also has met with a psychiatrist and was prescribed meds.

Side note: You took this beautiful girl's life and you are distraught now? What about the two years you spent playing video games and robbing people? You're upset because you were CAUGHT and that's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74