MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the press conference and he mentioned, in this specific order, the FBI, Michigan State Police, Oakland County Sheriff's Office, Oakland County Prosecutor's Office, Drug Enforcement Administration, Secret Service, Southfield Police Department, Michigan Department of Corrections, "and the last assistance that has been a very important help is something called SONIC....."

He did not imply that "Secret Service" was SONIC. And, I don't think he would mistakenly refer to them as Secret Service, let alone mention them at two different times in the list. Consequently I don't think we should discard the notion that the Secret Service is involved.O

Maybe I'm missing something that you saw/heard elsewhere?

Question. While we are all wondering why the Secret Service would be involved, I also wonder about the Oakland County Prosecutor's office. Would they be the ones that would issue a search warrant?

Exactly. Secret Service and SONIC were clearly listed as two different agencies.

FBI, DEA, Secret Service...what in the world was this little lady mixed up in?

I can answer some of this if it helps. Her friend went away for college and ended up moving away, so they don't get to see each other as often. Danielle was going to stay the night with her friend so they'd have time together to catch up. From what I understand about the make dinner part, it's just that. She wanted to cook for her friend.

If Danielle's friend had moved away how could they have been staying the night with her friend? I guess they may have been spending the night at the friend's parents house.

In addition to protection services for the President, VP and families, etc., the Secret Service is involved in investigations.

From their website:
The U.S. Secret Service has a pivotal role in securing the nation’s critical infrastructures, specifically in the areas of cyber, banking and finance. Other directives address the need to combat transnational organized crime that targets the citizens and financial institutions of the United States. In response to the globalization of technology- based threats, the U.S. Secret Service’s investigative mission abroad is growing as well, creating the need for a heightened overseas liaison presence.

Today, multi-disciplined forensics experts, investigative experts and intelligence analysts provide rapid response and critical information in support of financial analysis, infrastructure protection and criminal investigations.

https://www.secretservice.gov/investigation/

Could it be related to international money laundering relating to the drug business? Did JS stumble across something?

I'm a first time user. Found this site out of curiosity- and I'm really bothered by this missing girl. I clean an apt in her complex- it's weird I was just there last week! I've grown up in the same area she went to high school.
I have 2 comments - I always leave my purse in my car abs take a small change purse in my coat pocket for trips to grocery etc or quick trips into the house. 2nd, the marijuana info came about because her missing key chain is a marijuana air fresher or something BUT if you order home delivery for MM they don't like to come in your house- they usually make u meet them outside! I know illegal drugs are different but from everything I've read about her I don't see major drugs in the picture.......
I hope she's found safe - it just tears me apart being a mom myself.

I'm a first time user. Found this site out of curiosity- and I'm really bothered by this missing girl. I clean an apt in her complex- it's weird I was just there last week! I've grown up in the same area she went to high school.
I have 2 comments - I always leave my purse in my car abs take a small change purse in my coat pocket for trips to grocery etc or quick trips into the house. 2nd, the marijuana info came about because her missing key chain is a marijuana air fresher or something BUT if you order home delivery for MM they don't like to come in your house- they usually make u meet them outside! I know illegal drugs are different but from everything I've read about her I don't see major drugs in the picture.......

:welcome:

I am so glad that you mentioned that you leave your purse/wallet in your car for short periods of time because as a 34 year old woman I frequently leave my purse or wallet in my car for a quick trip in somewhere. I also lived in an apartment complex in Farmington Hills at 13 mile & Haggerty for 2 years when I was in my mid-20's, I can't tell you how many times I would leave my wallet in my car if I just was running in to grab something out of my apartment and leaving again, but I grew up in the country, so I didn't know if that is why I was so relaxed about things like that.

Has anyone else heard that this case is similar to another case from years ago? A lady at worked mentioned that she had heard about DS's disappearance being similar to another case around the same area years ago.

In addition to protection services for the President, VP and families, etc., the Secret Service is involved in investigations.

From their website:

Could it be related to international money laundering relating to the drug business? Did JS stumble across something?

The Secret Service... The drugs agencies... The comment from LE that they don't care about the reason why she is missing, they just want to know she is safe...

There is nothing to indicate foul play, the lieutenant said.

The reason she is missing is not the issue. Her safety is the concern
, he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mliv...or_uncharact.amp?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Bbm

From their website:

In Danielle's case, I believe it's more about:
"The U.S. Code suggests that the Secret Service’s jurisdiction is limited to molestation, counterfeiting, financial fraud, and threats against the president, but its agents are available to assist local police with just about any crime. In a murder case, for example, agents might track a suspect’s cellphone history. (The agency has a lot of experience with this—their financial crime investigations often require the agency to hunt down users of prepaid cellphones.) When police request help from the federal government, either the FBI or the Secret Service—or both—will respond depending on which agency has the right resources available at the time. Requests for assistance are often routed through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. (BBM)
More here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...e_usually_involved_in_molestation_cases_.html

In Danielle's case, I believe it's more about:
"The U.S. Code suggests that the Secret Service’s jurisdiction is limited to molestation, counterfeiting, financial fraud, and threats against the president, but its agents are available to assist local police with just about any crime. In a murder case, for example, agents might track a suspect’s cellphone history. (The agency has a lot of experience with this—their financial crime investigations often require the agency to hunt down users of prepaid cellphones.) When police request help from the federal government, either the FBI or the Secret Service—or both—will respond depending on which agency has the right resources available at the time. Requests for assistance are often routed through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. (BBM)
More here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...e_usually_involved_in_molestation_cases_.html

I'll bet you're right - secret service is involved due to their abilities to track prepaid cell phones. A friend of the family said upthreas she used burner phones. I was going to mention that they are involved in cyber crimes as well, and if she used online dating sites and LE felt there was a link, they may be investigating that. But then I read your comment and I'm thinking it's probably the prepaid phone thing.

I'm also from Michigan. I don't think it's weird to leave your purse in your car for a quick run inside. I have kids, so I generally need my hands available for stuff and I keep a tiny wallet with my cards and ID for the sole purpose of not having to lug my purse around every time I get out of the car. And I don't worry too much about a smash and grab because I don't have a lot of anything to steal. You have to keep in mind the context of living in the area. It's cold and I believe that Friday it was raining/sleeting (maybe it was later that weekend) so if she's running inside to pack a quick bag, it's a pain in the A to grab your purse, run to your door, unlock it, pack your bag, grab both bags, lock the door, and run back to the car. I'm also a forgetful person, so I would be afraid of forgetting my purse in the apartment and having to run back to get it. I don't know, long drawn out answer from me, and I apologize. I just don't find that part odd.

I hope the family gets some answers soon. This is terrible! I assume LE processed the jeep and they should be able to determine if she was driving the car or not right? And as far as the packed bag goes, is her usual overnight bag missing?

I also don't find it odd that her purse was in her car. Was the car locked?

IMO whatever happened, happened when Danielle left her vehicle to enter her apt. Left her purse in her vehicle intending to return to it in short amt. of time. So either the parking lot or inside the building.

I just checked and it was raining Sunday that weekend, not Friday. The temp was between 31-40 deg. A change from the recent "heat wave" we've been experiencing

I also don't find it odd that her purse was in her car. Was the car locked?

One of the links states the car was locked. Keys and phone missing. Contents of purse intact.

I hope LE knows more than we do. Where are you Danielle???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288