MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was noted earlier in this thread that she happened to park in a spot she preferred - rather than just any random spot available in the parking lot.

Was it a particular spot DS preferred, or simply a nice spot closer to her residence? I think it's only been mentioned as being the latter.

As someone noted up thread, if you arrive late from work in these complexes without assigned spaces, you're going to be stuck parking in less desirable spots? which if DS's jeep was found parked in a spot that is usually unavailable once everyone is home from work and in for the night, then either:

DS went straight home, after skipping out of work 30 minutes early (I believe she left at 4:30 that day, rather than her usual 5 PM) and scored the sweet spot.

OR

Whomever parked her jeep might've been able to get that spot Saturday day, especially later in the day, when folks go out to shop or work or whatever. Her Jeep's precise whereabouts appears to be unaccounted for from the time she left work until 6 PM Saturday.

Seems less likely that a good spot would be open between, say, 6 PM Friday and late morning Saturday? But anything's possible.

I was just discussing this scenario with a friend earlier! Maintenance men are more or less in trusted positions. They usually have access to keys to all apartments. I really hope LE has scoured that apartment complex. Any possibility should be fully investigated at this point. I would hope vacant apartments as well as storage areas that residents may have access to were fully searched.

Perhaps because I've seen a number of "single woman living in large apt complex attacked/abducted" cases, I mentioned earlier that I feel she's been abducted by someone from the apt complex.... If she's been living there for some time, then I'd be checking those who recently moved into the complex.... If she's newly moved in, then could be an rso (or one who's not registered) who lives in the complex...
ETA: Good point about maintenance workers having keys .... they would be about and could take notice too of one's habits and daily routine ...

Though in complex's like that I would wonder if they had a dealer in the building or nearby?

I'd be surprised if there were an active, high-volume dealer in that complex. Farmington Hills is an extremely conservative, family-oriented community. And local police are around that intersection (a major entry-point in Farmington Hills) 24/7 monitoring things, pulling over suspicious vehicles etc. Sort've a stop-and-frisk approach. The safer east-side burbs north of Detroit do the same thing. Patrol the border areas with Detroit and pull over and hassle folks they think don't belong there.

Drug-activity tends to follow the path of least resistance. For Oakland County, Southfield has proven to be the friendliest/least resistant place for the drug traffickers to set up shop. Partly because of police, partly because of the demographics/community ethos of looking the other way at illegal activity.

That said, quite possible there is/was a dealer there. But I'd really be surprised. And if there were a dealer there, prolly a limited activity type.

which leads to the thought that perhaps, chasing the drug angle a bit more, DS didn't have her own connect and maybe someone in her complex, a fellow casual user not interested in the legal implications of being a dealer, hooked her up every so often. Maybe one of her neighbors who was a fellow smoker was sweet on her and would get DS stuff from his guy at his cost; which might explain DS leaving her things in her jeep to go to his place to pick up her order.

I commonly leave my purse in my car as a lot of things can now be paid with my phone. I'll park my car, stow my purse under the dash on the passenger side to sort of hide it from view and go do my thing. If I don't want to bring my purse and I'm unsure how quick this will be I'll throw it in my trunk. Sometimes I leave my purse and just pull out my wallet.

I usually do this for quick trips - grabbing a few things from the store on my way home from work, grabbing a coffee before work, etc.. I don't think she intended to take long doing whatever she planned on doing. My home is in a pretty safe area but I still get nervous to leave my purse in my car for too long when I drive out to the city for work - especially in my new car (her's is also a 2015). Smash and grabs are not uncommon out here so you gotta be on point with your timing if you're going to do that.

It sounds like her area was not very safe. I think her guard was down, with her being relaxed leaving her purse in a new vehicle with limited lights, and she was acquainted with whoever intercepted her that evening.

Edit: It is 5:15 and it is very dark out (Wayne County)

one thing about living around the city, is you develop habits that you repeat regardless of circumstance. i think it was mentioned by DS's parents that she always locked her vehicle. leaving valuables in a vehicle around Detroit--esp a purse/wallet--is just asking to have a window smashed and your stuff taken**. if DS habitually played it safe, she'd more likely take her valuables with her to go visit someone else in the complex/wherever; or she'd have dumped them inside her unit before going to see someone else. but, again, anything's possible.

** and if you park on the street in the city proper, don't even leave an empty soda bottle in your console, or change. folks will break your window to get the returnable and change.

Ok. So as far as we know she left work safely. Nothing suspicious with a coworker or customer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are we really suggesting she was abducted by a weed delivery guy?Or am I confused?I really don't think that a $50/100 purchase of weed would lead to an abduction...as a general rule delivery people are low in the chain of drug distribution and probably partake themselves...and how many stoners do you know going out abducting people?!?They're mostly zoned out in front of the tv eating Cheetos [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay..I heard about this case tonight (4pm central)......I was at a local awesome restaurant waiting for a takeout pizza I ordered at the bar with a beautiful sunset view of the Gulf of Mexico. There was this guy who was already there, having a beer, sitting on a barstool near the front door. He was chatting up the bartender about sports, when he suddenly changed the subject to this missing girl from Detroit... he said they had several friends in common, but he didn't really know her that well.....he was having a beer, and said he just moved here from that area in Michigan.....that the girl and him had about 20 people/acquaintances in common...and had gone to high school together....but he had lived here before. He was young, and no more than 30 years old. I couldn't help it....but I jumped in when the bartender went to get my pizza. I told him I was sorry to here about his ?friend?.....it was just weird.....he said they found her purse, cellphone and money in her car....he said it had been a week, as of today.....I told him I would pray for all involved.....still.....strange meeting....

Are we really suggesting she was abducted by a weed delivery guy?Or am I confused?I really don't think that a $50/100 purchase of weed would lead to an abduction...as a general rule delivery people are low in the chain of drug distribution and probably partake themselves...and how many stoners do you know going out abducting people?!?They're mostly zoned out in front of the tv eating Cheetos [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean are you really laughing at my speculation? I'm just tying to give some insight here. Others have speculated that she may smoke... so I'm explaining how things are done in a large city where I'm not even from, therefore I don't know these people or what they are capable of. Detroit, much like Chicago, is known for high crime rates. So you assuming that delivery drug dealers couldn't commit a crime is ignorant. At least I'm here commenting on this feed to HELP. And it would be a drug deal gone bad - obviously I don't think that "stoners" go out and abduct people.

Tapatalk

I don't think we're talking a pre-planned, deliberate abduction. I was thinking something along the lines of the Lauren Spierer scenario.

DS goes to see her dealer and, like dealers do, she hangs out at his place for a bit smoking, whatever. Something transpires/goes wrong--maybe with the dealer, maybe there are other people there, Friday night and all--and the dealer/whomever drives DS out to the boonies and dumps her jeep back at her apt complex.

There's a reason the South Oakland drug task force secret thing and DEA were called in on this case. We're spit-balling potential scenarios.

That was my first post ever on this site so if I am just going to be laughed at for giving insight just like everyone else I will go back into the woodwork and just read these posts and not give my input. Thanks for the warm welcome Sprockett77.

That was my first post ever on this site so if I am just going to be laughed at for giving insight just like everyone else I will go back into the woodwork and just read these posts and not give my input. Thanks for the warm welcome Sprockett77.

Welcome and please stay. We don't always agree but settle in as your insight matters.

As someone who has lived in Chicago and Detroit, I've not seen the NYC style bicycle 420 delivery service in those cities. I would think Chicago would have them, in some areas. But I can't imagine anyone schlepping weed around the Detroit area on a bike, other than maybe downtown? That's common in NYC, as the series High Maintenance details and dramatizes, for comedic effect:

https://vimeo.com/channels/highmaintenance/53044579

What the delivery guys I've seen in Chicago/Detroit do is they'll drive to you; but then either they come inside or have you jump in their ride with them and take a spin around the block to do the deal. Before either dropping you off down the block or back at your place.

What I've also seen and experienced, is that these deals are often not what you expect. The dealer will have extra people in the car with him. Maybe a couple girls. Maybe another customer. Maybe a cousin fresh out of prison. etc.

Or sometimes the dealer will dispatch one of his crew to make a delivery to you if he's in a different part of town and you're in a hurry. Again, same routine, dude pulls up, only this time it's some guy you've never seen before. You text the dealer, "WTH?" and the dealer says it's cool; it's his boy; go ahead and get in the car to make the deal.

I could see DS or anyone deciding to leave their purse behind in that scenario. Lock your valuables in your vehicle, take your keys and the cash needed and jump in.

Okay..I heard about this case tonight (4pm central)......I was at a local awesome restaurant waiting for a takeout pizza I ordered at the bar with a beautiful sunset view of the Gulf of Mexico. There was this guy who was already there, having a beer, sitting on a barstool near the front door. He was chatting up the bartender about sports, when he suddenly changed the subject to this missing girl from Detroit... he said they had several friends in common, but he didn't really know her that well.....he was having a beer, and said he just moved here from that area in Michigan.....that the girl and him had about 20 people/acquaintances in common...and had gone to high school together....but he had lived here before. He was young, and no more than 30 years old. I couldn't help it....but I jumped in when the bartender went to get my pizza. I told him I was sorry to here about his ?friend?.....it was just weird.....he said they found her purse, cellphone and money in her car....he said it had been a week, as of today.....I told him I would pray for all involved.....still.....strange meeting....
Did you happen to get his name?

Yes..I said that upthread. It is NOT our nations government secret service, it is SONIC. I mean seriously, why in the world would THE secret service be investigating this? I don't think it was drug related either. I am starting to despair...her mom said that her money was also left behind.

I listened to the press conference and he mentioned, in this specific order, the FBI, Michigan State Police, Oakland County Sheriff's Office, Oakland County Prosecutor's Office, Drug Enforcement Administration, Secret Service, Southfield Police Department, Michigan Department of Corrections, "and the last assistance that has been a very important help is something called SONIC....."

He did not imply that "Secret Service" was SONIC. And, I don't think he would mistakenly refer to them as Secret Service, let alone mention them at two different times in the list. Consequently I don't think we should discard the notion that the Secret Service is involved.O

Maybe I'm missing something that you saw/heard elsewhere?

Question. While we are all wondering why the Secret Service would be involved, I also wonder about the Oakland County Prosecutor's office. Would they be the ones that would issue a search warrant?

Did you happen to get his name?

I really hope this person got his name. The convo seems really weird...like why do you go from discussing sports to bringing up some girl from Detroit who is missing with bartender in a totally different state, a time zone away? Am I the only one who is weirded out by this?

No, I didn't...but the bartender might know... I mentioned that Detroit was a dangerous city. He told me that most people didn't live in the city. He went on to say that it was like a doughnut. The middle was where all the low class lived, and the rest lived away from the center, and she didn't live downtown. He also mentioned being in Boston, Grosse Point? and that was where all the snob elitist lived. . He was a nice looking, clean-shaven dark haired young man. Not THAT great looking, kind of short and thin. He did say the girl's name was Danielle....it just seemed out of place that he would bring up her story, when it was just the bartender and me....and he was drinking a dark ale...by himself.....by the front door.....probably just my hmmm hinky -meter thinking... who is this weirdo....

No, I didn't...but the bartender might know... I mentioned that Detroit was a dangerous city. He told me that most people didn't live in the city. He went on to say that it was like a doughnut. The middle was where all the low class lived, and the rest lived away from the center, and she didn't live downtown. He also mentioned being in Boston, Grosse Point? and that was where all the snob elitist lived. . He was a nice looking, clean-shaven dark haired young man. Not THAT great looking, kind of short and thin. He did say the girl's name was Danielle....it just seemed out of place that he would bring up her story, when it was just the bartender and me....and he was drinking a dark ale...by himself.....by the front door.....probably just my hmmm hinky -meter thinking... who is this weirdo....

Well your not the only persons who's hmmmm hinky-meter went off...mine did as soon as I read it...I live in Michigan, my best friend lives less than 5 minute from were this occurred, my dad's best friend lives at 9 mile and Halstead less than a mile from where it occurred, her family lives in Fowlerville less than 7 miles from my home, and I haven't discussed this case with anyone outside of this forum, except for my husband. I definitely didn't discuss it with the bartender last night while I picked up my husband's food. It is likely that he is just "different" persay, but that conversation is weird. Maybe you should ask the bartender his name, if you get a chance!

Independence Green Apartments, I'm not a fan for a single female. Kind of a sprawling place, not well lit at night and yes, the building doors are not the most secure (but of course one would also be locking their own apartment door).

Isn't this the same apartment complex as Elizabeth Hocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998