MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Karen’s fb Page:

“Floyd Galloway takes plea on 3 counts on kidnapping , assault with strangulation , assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct ... in the attack of Livonia Jogger - will be sentenced Dec 8 .
Galloway is also a named “Person of Interest “ in the disappearance of Daniel Stislicki”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow.... What is everyones thoughts on this? Is it the best thing for Dani's case or not? I'm not familiar with how this would affect things now.

I'm not exactly sure since we don't know what the plea details were that he accepted...but what I'm wondering is, what happened between the 14th and today for him to "suddenly" want the plea deal? They say it was because the evidence against him was so strong, but the past 2 deals he rejected? This just makes me so sick.

Unless the deal somehow involved something about Dani, I could see him not saying a word about Dani's case because he would see no benefit in doing so. If he said something and they find her, then he's facing another look at prison, assuming all their evidence then ties him as we suspect. Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, so besides life in prison and sex offender registry, what was a part of the deal? I don't know. :thinking:

Oh wow.... What is everyones thoughts on this? Is it the best thing for Dani's case or not? I'm not familiar with how this would affect things now.

Been trying to wade through this in my mind for a long time.
Since he was able to save his butt on the intent to murder (or whatever that charge was) that means he won't be in for nearly as long. I don't think he will admit to Dani, as that would make no sense to him (legally) to plea to save himself from the longest sentence to then turn around and put himself in there forever.

The only thing I hope and pray for is that he does confess out of whatever shred of humanity may possibly still exist in him.
To bring Dani home to those who love and miss her.

I'm not exactly sure since we don't know what the plea details were that he accepted...but what I'm wondering is, what happened between the 14th and today for him to "suddenly" want the plea deal? They say it was because the evidence against him was so strong, but the past 2 deals he rejected? This just makes me so sick.

Unless the deal somehow involved something about Dani, I could see him not saying a word about Dani's case because he would see no benefit in doing so. If he said something and they find her, then he's facing another look at prison, assuming all their evidence then ties him as we suspect. Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, so besides life in prison and sex offender registry, what was a part of the deal? I don't know. :thinking:

I'm lost with this one. Also, why after the prosecution were so adamant no more plea deals would be put on the table then here we go, a few shorts days later, another unexpected plea deal.

I'm lost with this one. Also, why after the prosecution were so adamant no more plea deals would be put on the table then here we go, a few shorts days later, another unexpected plea deal.

It's a win for the DA. The expense of the set trial, consideration for the victim, etc. may have softened her up.

Thankfully this is over for the victim. I pray that this deal was able to gain information for the Stislicki family.

Just a theory: maybe the prosecutor pushed again for the plea deal to get closure for the Hines Park victim but knows something about the evidence in Dani's case that will put this piece of crap away for life? I'm thinking that she gets this out of the way and now they (Farmington? State Police?) really come after him.

That would be a good scenario. But again, just a theory.

From the official Find Danielle Stislicki Facebook page. Note the last paragraph. Maybe....

https://www.facebook.com/FindDanielleStislicki/posts/378891559235735

We are truly grateful that today’s development means that the survivor of the Hines Park case does not have to go through the turmoil of testifying and relive those horrible moments again.

We can only hope that this gives her and her family the time they need to heal and move forward in their lives.

We hope that through the acceptance of the plea agreement, our family and law enforcement will gain new insights and momentum in resolving the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki.

~The Stislicki Family~

From the official Find Danielle Stislicki Facebook page. Note the last paragraph. Maybe....

https://www.facebook.com/FindDanielleStislicki/posts/378891559235735

We are truly grateful that today’s development means that the survivor of the Hines Park case does not have to go through the turmoil of testifying and relive those horrible moments again.

We can only hope that this gives her and her family the time they need to heal and move forward in their lives.

We hope that through the acceptance of the plea agreement, our family and law enforcement will gain new insights and momentum in resolving the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki.

~The Stislicki Family~

:please:

Well I guess he wont be home for Christmas :happydance: Hoping to see charges soon and Dani found :candle:

FDS: "Here is the actual news story from Click on Detroit. Thank you all for your love, hope, and support!"

Floyd Galloway Jr. originally was charged with kidnapping, criminal sexual conduct-assault with intent to commit sexual penetration, assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder by strangulation and assault with intent to murder. He could face 16-35 years in prison after pleading guilty to the kidnapping, criminal sexual conduct and assault with intent to do bodily harm charges. The intent to murder charge will be dropped and he also will have to register as a sex offender for life.

The deal was offered by prosecutors about two weeks ago. Galloway rejected it at two different hearings before accepting it in court Tuesday.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-hines-park-attack-case?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Interesting how the judge specifically told Floyd that the kidnapping charge has a max of life in prison. Then he went through the other charges and what the penalties are. Plus, I believe I read that the court does not have to abide by the limits of the plea deal in sentencing.

This is huge news, y'all. Justice is surely on its way. Prayers.

Interesting how the judge specifically told Floyd that the kidnapping charge has a max of life in prison. Then he went through the other charges and what the penalties are. Plus, I believe I read that the court does not have to abide by the limits of the plea deal in sentencing.

A little off topic: I know someone that wanted a jury trial for a non-violent felony, but was told if they took the plea deal, they would receive a less sentence, no prison/jail, and have some charges dropped. They didn't believe they were guilty of all the charges against them, but they were told they shouldn't go to trial due to evidence and their word against others. When it came time for sentencing, they were given the max of the plea deal, jail/prison time, and then some. So, you are correct, because that court did not abide by the limits at all. Now they are serving more time than others that have the same charges from other courts/counties, and violent criminals they share a cell with, which just blows my mind.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/mother-of-...are-not-going-to-stop-until-justice-is-served

Interview with Dani's mom.
I have a question. In this interview she said she is happy that due to this plea deal Floyd will no longer be able to plead the 5th.
Now...does that mean only in the jogger case, or is there a possibility that part of this plea bargain somehow includes that he can't plead the 5th in relation to Dani's case?
If it applies to him in general, across the board so to speak, is this standard or could the plea deal have been cleverly crafted by the DA to include that.

I can't believe his taking the deal could prevent him from pleading the 5th in other cases, but who knows?
That might be why the comments have been made that they are hopeful this will further Dani's case.
Hoping, wishing, praying.

This is huge news, y'all. Justice is surely on its way. Prayers.

Yes, indeed.

Lighting Dani's candle.

burgandyCandleDani.jpg

Also, including this picture of Dani, since it is so cute!

daniWithCatOnHerBack.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member