Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is a relief the defense did not sport with the judge's intelligence. That was a moment of humility on the part of the defense when the attorney said that the People's burden of proof had been met. And we should all know there is even more evidence that we have not yet seen.

FG somehow never expected that Danielle would be so immediately and desperately missed. Why does it always come as such a surprise to these murderers that their victims have family and friends who love them? Of course we know the answer -- that they themselves did not value their victim's life. Watching FG walk out of the courtroom, he acted very much despondent and dejected, but this is just his show. I wish he could be worked on to give up the location of Danielle's body, but any plea deal he could possibly be offered and would accept at this time involves less than Life in a Michigan State Prison without the Possibility of Parole. I cannot imagine that resolution would be acceptable to Danielle's family and friends.

With how little time Floyd had to dispose of a body and nothing significant as far as tracking his cell to a potential drop point... my guess is he just tossed her in a dumpster, possibly even in her own apartment complex. I can think of two local cases off the top of my head where the killer admitted to disposing of the victim in a dumpster and to this day they’ve never been found.

Galloway to be tried for murder in Stislicki disappearance

Farmington Hills — Convicted sex offender Floyd Galloway Jr. will be tried for the premeditated murder of Danielle Stislicki, who disappeared outside a Southfield office building where she worked nearly three years ago, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Judge James Brady's ruling in 47th District Court came after the Oakland County medical examiner testified that Stislicki had been strangled or killed by another method of asphyxiation. The judge said there was overwhelming evidence to support binding Galloway over for trial...

I feel certain wherever he took Dani was also pre planned. She cant be too far away. If it was a Dumpster I feel like it would be away from either residence and where he likely knew the pick up day. He does seem to like parks and water.

Well it is a relief the defense did not sport with the judge's intelligence. That was a moment of humility on the part of the defense when the attorney said that the People's burden of proof had been met. And we should all know there is even more evidence that we have not yet seen.

FG somehow never expected that Danielle would be so immediately and desperately missed. Why does it always come as such a surprise to these murderers that their victims have family and friends who love them? Of course we know the answer -- that they themselves did not value their victim's life. Watching FG walk out of the courtroom, he acted very much despondent and dejected, but this is just his show. I wish he could be worked on to give up the location of Danielle's body, but any plea deal he could possibly be offered and would accept at this time involves less than Life in a Michigan State Prison without the Possibility of Parole. I cannot imagine that resolution would be acceptable to Danielle's family and friends.

One thing about a state where there is the death penalty (Michigan doesn't have it), is that you can negotiate with the defendant to take the DP off the table if they tell where the body is. I have seen lots of crime shows where this is used with success.

I was very surprised that the defense agreed that the burden of proof was met.

I feel certain wherever he took Dani was also pre planned. She cant be too far away. If it was a Dumpster I feel like it would be away from either residence and where he likely knew the pick up day. He does seem to like parks and water.

The time window during which FG disposed of Dani's remains is rather tight. When he knew she was gone, even if it wasn't intentional, he had to roll her up in the comforter, put the body in a vehicle, drive somewhere for disposal, return to his home to clean up (or he did that first), get rid of the keys and fitbit, and get to Tim Horton's, call a cab for a ride to his "girlfriend's". It seems reasonable that he couldn't have traveled too far to dispose of Dani's body, but there were searches in Hines Park and Stony Creek Metropark. I don't know how he could have made the round trip to either of these locations, find a place to hide a body without being seen or caught, return to his home to finish cleanup (unless it was already done), and get to Tim Horton's. I would like to know about all of the local searches that were done, i.e. near the Galloway home and in Dani's apartment complex.

One thing about a state where there is the death penalty (Michigan doesn't have it), is that you can negotiate with the defendant to take the DP off the table if they tell where the body is. I have seen lots of crime shows where this is used with success.
In the recent (federal) trial of Brendt Christensen for the murder of YingYing Zhang, I believe Christensen had offered to give information about the remains of YingYing to get the death penalty taken off the table. The prosecution took a gamble, however, and the death penalty sentencing option went to the jury. The jury however could not decide unanimously to recommend the death sentence in that case. Apparently after the trial BC did provide some information about the location of her remains, but her body may still never be found.
Finding Yingying Zhang’s Remains ‘May Be Impossible’ Family Says After New Details Surface
I really hope I am wrong about FG and his lack of remorse. I would make a terrible defense attorney because I would be encouraging him to give up Danielle's location in return for a plea of guilty to first degree premeditated murder and a mandatory LWOP sentence.

I was very surprised that the defense agreed that the burden of proof was met.
I don't think they could really challenge it. I think when this gets to Trial all a Defense can do is try to poke some holes and see he gets a fair Trial. I don't think we will see any mudslinging of Dani. She had too many long term friends and close to her Family. Co-workers and Managers spoke highly of her. The texts show she was not interested and not the type to have a fling. Let alone with a married man who has a very sick wife. I was happy the State made that evident at Pre-Trial. Don't go after her character as there is much to refute it. It's not who Dani was. IMO

I think the cleanup at his house was done after. Unless he had a piece of carpet leftover from when it was installed already at his house. If not he had to go somewhere to match it up. I think many of our questions will be answered at Trial.

The time window during which FG disposed of Dani's remains is rather tight. When he knew she was gone, even if it wasn't intentional, he had to roll her up in the comforter, put the body in a vehicle, drive somewhere for disposal, return to his home to clean up (or he did that first), get rid of the keys and fitbit, and get to Tim Horton's, call a cab for a ride to his "girlfriend's". It seems reasonable that he couldn't have traveled too far to dispose of Dani's body, but there were searches in Hines Park and Stony Creek Metropark. I don't know how he could have made the round trip to either of these locations, find a place to hide a body without being seen or caught, return to his home to finish cleanup (unless it was already done), and get to Tim Horton's. I would like to know about all of the local searches that were done, i.e. near the Galloway home and in Dani's apartment complex.

I could easily be missing something here, but couldn't it be that he left her body at the Oxford house, went out to get rid of her cellphone/go to Tim Hortons/took a cab back to retrieve his car and afterwards disposed of her body? If I remember correctly, he purchased the comforter a day or two after her disappearance, so potentially she could have been in the house for longer.

I did not get to watch the premlim and am relying on the recaps by you wonderful sleuthers. I am a little confused as to the ME testifying that she died of strangulation or asphyxiation since she has unfortunately not been found. That seems to be something very specific to the body, meaning you cannot prove by blood, etc. Does anyone know how he came to this opinion?

I did not get to watch the premlim and am relying on the recaps by you wonderful sleuthers. I am a little confused as to the ME testifying that she died of strangulation or asphyxiation since she has unfortunately not been found. That seems to be something very specific to the body, meaning you cannot prove by blood, etc. Does anyone know how he came to this opinion?
IIRC he was going off common sense and what LE had told him. What he was told was not disclosed. It appears based on prior crime it is his MO. I would think the fact the room and it's belongings didn't show any massive amounts of blood thru any testing she wasn't stabbed etc. Strangulation and suffocating are going to leave the least amount of evidence.

WDIV 4:00 news: Karen Drew was at the courthouse and gave a brief report. A few comments from Ann Stislicki about moving forward without a body. Anchor asked Karen Drew if she had any information about when a trial might take place, she said she's talked to people who said it could be months or even a year until the case goes to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni