MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to dismiss anyone's theories or be rude, but prints on the truck of the jeep don't mean so much (to me anyway) I am 5'2'', and have an SUV. Depending on what I'm bringing in from the trunk, I may use my right arm/side to carry because that side is stronger, then jump up with the left hand to slam the back shut. I feel that if the jeep had different prints or something suspicious, they also wouldn't show pictures to us.

The missing Detroit mother...I hope that wasn't her that was found burned to death. I wonder why she doesn't have the same attention that DS has. As a young mother, I would hope if I went missing that I would have as many people looking for me as DS does. I've also wondered if that's why so many agencies are involved, simply due to the social media presence and possibly the pressure to find her.

Agreed.

But this case also had a $100k reward out of the gate via her job and apartment complex.

But imo. I doubt many missing people get even a tenth of that offered while being equally a victim as well.

So we all need to be careful because life, help, or news coverage or volunteers are not guaranteed during everyone's time in need.

Jmo.

Not trying to dismiss anyone's theories or be rude, but prints on the truck of the jeep don't mean so much (to me anyway) I am 5'2'', and have an SUV. Depending on what I'm bringing in from the trunk, I may use my right arm/side to carry because that side is stronger, then jump up with the left hand to slam the back shut. I feel that if the jeep had different prints or something suspicious, they also wouldn't show pictures to us.

The missing Detroit mother...I hope that wasn't her that was found burned to death. I wonder why she doesn't have the same attention that DS has. As a young mother, I would hope if I went missing that I would have as many people looking for me as DS does. I've also wondered if that's why so many agencies are involved, simply due to the social media presence and possibly the pressure to find her.

The agencies were involved at least by December 7 and I scrolled back on the Find Dani FB page and it looks like their first post is December 8. So it wasn't SM pressure.

Maybe they needed some of those agencies for ruling out any linkage to a currently incarcerated guy. Would be malpractice if they did not turn that issue inside out.

I agree with you! I'm a single mother as well, and would definitely want this much help from strangers! The outpouring of care and love is incredible. Also, I feel like social media picked up on this case very fast. I always wonder why some cases seem to get more attention than others, but I can only assume that the more someone relates to a person, the more they're invested in helping? I have so many questions. I guess it bothered me when I saw her most recent ex posted a picture on IG of a beautiful view, with a bottle of alcohol in the snow. I'm sure I'm just overreacting, but if my close friend or ex posted that while I was missing-I don't know. I'm just so baffled with where Danielle is. I know LE knows so much more, along with her family. Continued prayers!

I agree with you! I'm a single mother as well, and would definitely want this much help from strangers! The outpouring of care and love is incredible. Also, I feel like social media picked up on this case very fast. I always wonder why some cases seem to get more attention than others, but I can only assume that the more someone relates to a person, the more they're invested in helping? I have so many questions. I guess it bothered me when I saw her most recent ex posted a picture on IG of a beautiful view, with a bottle of alcohol in the snow. I'm sure I'm just overreacting, but if my close friend or ex posted that while I was missing-I don't know. I'm just so baffled with where Danielle is. I know LE knows so much more, along with her family. Continued prayers!

While I do see where you are coming from w/ the ex and the alcohol - it appears he just reposted a photo from his employer. Not sure I would put much stock into worrying about that.

I don't hold must stock in that photo, or the one before it, because everyone is so different, and emotions can be displayed/felt in that same regard. I'm going to stop my rambling and nonsense-I'm just frustrated that we don't have more information, though I know there's more than likely a very good reason for that lack of information!

Back to basics for a second:
Who put together the list of Danielle's clothing worn on Dec 2?
---if compiled by work video, is that video in color and what else does it show? Can it be released?
--if not work video how was it complied?

My coworkers and parents in another city would not be able to accurately describe any clothing worn on a certain day unless photos were taken that day

I'm also curious as to who could accurately describe what she was wearing with that much detail, but I didn't consider video footage. Maybe she sent a selfie to someone that day? Or maybe she has a friend in the office that notices things or talks about clothes? Maybe she'd recently gone shopping?

---------------------------------------
From the Huff Post article/videos, it sounds like her cell was going to voicemail Friday evening. I'd like to know how soon calls went to voicemail.

The police chief mentioned there were no initial signs of a struggle or crime, but then went on to say there was forensic testing done. My gut reaction to the way it was worded was they found evidence of something. Maybe they wouldn't have clarified if there was nothing of interest found. As tight lipped as there being, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I still think it's odd that they haven't released a concrete time that she left the office. About 5 o'clock leaves a lot of uncertainty. If someone was driving by Met Life at 4:45 or 5:15, should they be trying to think back to whether or not they saw her vehicle? I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely pay attention to other vehicles while I'm driving unless they do something to draw attention. Loud exhaust, stupid driving, old Corvettes, interesting paint, duct tape holding them together, etc. I don't think Danielle's vehicle would attract that much attention and she doesn't strike me as the type to cut someone off in traffic or do donuts in the parking lot.

The comment about not being dressed for being outside long also struck me as odd. Was that implying she wasn't intending to take off walking for miles or ????

First time poster, following this case closely. I'd like to mention my initial thought and get other opinions on it. Almost immediately, MetLife offered a $50k reward, before any of the initial facts were released. Anyone who works for a large corporation, knows how much red tape is involved in getting $$ approved for pretty much anything. I work for a similar national insurance company, and we're talking 6 weeks to get funding approved for a new chair. The point I'm trying to make is that it just seems very difficult to believe that $50k was approved and released, literally overnight, before any facts were known. MetLife is a public company, that dollar amount would have to be approved by a board, justification given, facts presented, i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. before they're offering $50k. It literally would have had to all happen overnight and that's just not realistic, especially when at that point, MetLife would have had no real justification. Now include the FBI, DEA, Secret Service involvement in this case. My first thought was, the FBI put up that $50k and they're saying it's from MetLife. Same exact thought regarding the other $50k that the apartment complex offered. The apartment complex is owned by a large corporation, not a person. They also immediately released $50k, before any facts were released. It just doesn't happen like that when dealing with large dollar amounts and getting through all the red corporate tape that quickly and also before LE even confirmed that foul play was suspected. There's more going on here. I believe that the FBI put up that $100k. There's a reason why FBI, DEA, Secret Service are all involved and it's not because business is slow right now. There's also a reason why there has been no ground searches and search assistance from the public unwanted. Somehow, the reward money, the agency involvement and lack of searching is tied together. IMO.

The timeline is weird. I'm discerning that her position at MetLife was hourly. Job description doesn't seem like one that's salary and asking to leave early tends to favor an hourly position. That would lead me to believe she clocked out at a certain time and let's those investigating know a certain time.

What incentive does the FBI have to put up that large reward money and pass it off as MetLife/IGA?

That's the question..

it was entirely too soon for MetLife and the apartment complex (even if they could get it that quickly) to offer that kind of money. At that stage, no one knew if a crime even took place. Why would that money be offered yet?

First time poster, following this case closely. I'd like to mention my initial thought and get other opinions on it. Almost immediately, MetLife offered a $50k reward, before any of the initial facts were released. Anyone who works for a large corporation, knows how much red tape is involved in getting $$ approved for pretty much anything. I work for a similar national insurance company, and we're talking 6 weeks to get funding approved for a new chair. The point I'm trying to make is that it just seems very difficult to believe that $50k was approved and released, literally overnight, before any facts were known. MetLife is a public company, that dollar amount would have to be approved by a board, justification given, facts presented, i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. before they're offering $50k. It literally would have had to all happen overnight and that's just not realistic, especially when at that point, MetLife would have had no real justification. Now include the FBI, DEA, Secret Service involvement in this case. My first thought was, the FBI put up that $50k and they're saying it's from MetLife. Same exact thought regarding the other $50k that the apartment complex offered. The apartment complex is owned by a large corporation, not a person. They also immediately released $50k, before any facts were released. It just doesn't happen like that when dealing with large dollar amounts and getting through all the red corporate tape that quickly and also before LE even confirmed that foul play was suspected. There's more going on here. I believe that the FBI put up that $100k. There's a reason why FBI, DEA, Secret Service are all involved and it's not because business is slow right now. There's also a reason why there has been no ground searches and search assistance from the public unwanted. Somehow, the reward money, the agency involvement and lack of searching is tied together. IMO.
Welcome Michellebelle

I too wonder if this was someone or individuals being watched before Danielle went missing and also known to hang with Danielle? Perhaps someone else associated with this person or these people have also gone missing?
Moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In regards to the attention if someone is missing....my husband knows to come here right after calling the police~ ha! You all will find me!!! I have faith!

As to this case, I agree that all the agencies is different than most cases. I've become familiar with the FBI being used in missing person cases in the past year. Before that, it was rare to see the FBI unless it was a child, and assumed crossed state lines. But now, FBI is the norm in many areas. But the DEA??? No, I don't remember them becoming involved in the majority of cases, and never within the 1st week.

If this perp was being watched for whatever reason, then umm, someone wasn't watching very well for him/her to have abducted Danielle and POOF her. So that leads me to believe the perp wasn't on anyone's radar.

I keep thinking of Heather Elvis. One the most important things she did was call her friend in another state, tell the friend who she had talked to, and the plan to meet that person. Then POOF, she's gone. Hasn't been found yet.

Having a friend for a lifetime like Danielle has, I believe she would share if she was seeing someone, needed to pick up such and such from someone, etc. If she was being stalked, harassed, etc by someone, I feel she would have told her friend. The perp may have come into LE's spotlight due to whatever Danielle had said to the friend.

I agree. I believe those rewards were put up by a public agency who is linking D.S. to something greater. Strange both amounts are identical and both companies responded in a similar time frame.. IG apartments has had a lot of criminal activity in recent years. Simply put, the place is getting seedy. Seems like a strange precedent to start.

A couple of thoughts related to the posts above:
I work for a different insurance company in the same area as Danielle. I am salaried, yet still will ask for permission to leave early. My manager asks our director, our director checks in with the Vice President. It's not necessarily about permission, but respect, acknowledgement, etc. Also, within this company I agree that it takes 6 weeks to order a chair. However, if 50k wanted to be approved immediately, I guarantee the "powers that be" have the ability to do that. The system I work for is huge (picture 5th largest employer in the state) and there is red tape everywhere. Could they procure 50k quickly after an employee has gone missing? Uh yea. Or least, it's much more feasible than it being a cover for the FBI. I mean, if it comes out that Danielle was some kind of secret agent/informant, etc. than I will stand corrected.

Drug related event driver: Did she leave to "get a bag" as originally reported? Was her hook-up on a specific time schedule and she had to leave work early to guarantee she would have a small party favor? Was her hook-up FG or an acquaintance? Was she just picking up a bag from somewhere in the complex and a renter took advantage? All plausible imo.
:

Snipped for focus
BBM

Just to clarify... no drug connection or anything related to drugs has been reported in the media.

The drug stuff was purely speculation here based on the Smoke Buddy and some Pinterest posts.

Simple facts. Twelve agencies became involved almost immediately. S.O.N.I.C. was praised for their role in solving this. A house was searched on two or more occasions. It is announced it appears she was the victim of a crime. The public has been asked not to do any searches. The authorities don't seem to be doing additional searches.

Considering these facts, it doesn't seem like they are looking for a live person.

A couple of thoughts related to the posts above:
I work for a different insurance company in the same area as Danielle. I am salaried, yet still will ask for permission to leave early. My manager asks our director, our director checks in with the Vice President. It's not necessarily about permission, but respect, acknowledgement, etc. Also, within this company I agree that it takes 6 weeks to order a chair. However, if 50k wanted to be approved immediately, I guarantee the "powers that be" have the ability to do that. The system I work for is huge (picture 5th largest employer in the state) and there is red tape everywhere. Could they procure 50k quickly after an employee has gone missing? Uh yea. Or least, it's much more feasible than it being a cover for the FBI. I mean, if it comes out that Danielle was some kind of secret agent/informant, etc. than I will stand corrected.

Agree. Met Life has revenue of well over $50 Billion a year. $50k wouldn't need board approval for a company that size. I used to work for an $11 billion company and it took an expenditure of $500k to get to the board. The $23 billion company I work for now, $50k could be authorized by our SVP out of the department budget with no problem.

But when we moved locations it took three months to get white boards. Go figure.

Say "thanks" to my post if you believe the police are looking for something greater than just Danielle and the perpetrator. I'm curious to know how many people think the disappearance is part of something larger due to it being handled differently than most missing person cases.

I think I'll make this a regular 'thing.'

First week back at work since Christmas today but needed to come here first and check for any updates... :(
Such a nice picture, Dani looks as if she would be a damn good goofy friend :)

attachment.php

www.finddani.org

Attachments

• 15578570-1835976106681870-7836230850307226663-n_orig.jpg
    15578570-1835976106681870-7836230850307226663-n_orig.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 359
Such a nice picture, Dani looks as if she would be a damn good goofy friend :)

I wonder when that pic is from. I've seen it posted the last couple days. Curious because, while I have no idea if it is the same phone, it's definitely in a different case than the rose gold one described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti